• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT8| Brazi1 - German7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Third loss in a semi final in a row?

Don't think there can be any significant history being written today otherwise.

Well, 40 years ago we won the WC against Holland. Another final against them would be pretty epic.
Edit:
Possible lin ups and because Brazil is host and playing in yellow, Germany wears their Messerschmitt jerseys tonight.
3.bild.jpg

soepje

Well, 40 years ago we won the WC against Holland. Another final against them would be pretty epic.
Would be extra epic if Robben dives for real for a change and actually gets a penalty for it :D

final 1974 said:
In the 25th minute a surging run from Bernd Hölzenbein was brought to an abrupt end as he threw himself over a tackle with the ball running out of his reach. Taylor blew for a penalty, although to many in the crowd it appeared to be a schwalbe, the German term for what the English would call a dive, something that Hölzenbein had quite a reputation for. ““That was his speciality,” Franz Beckenbauer has recalled. Sepp Maier agrees. “I have no penalty. Those who knew Hölzenbein knew very well. He simply flew over.”

Gambit

Edit:
Possible lin ups and because Brazil is host and playing in yellow, Germany wears their Messerschmitt jerseys tonight.

I really hope Löw doesn't tear apart Hummels/Boateng again. They've finally clicked and our two best CBs have to play together.

The Lahm choice for me comes down to Khedira vs. Großkreutz. If Khedira isn't fit -> Großkreutz as RB.

My secret wish is Draxler for Özil, but it's not gonna happen. The Brazilians will kick the shit out of Özil and he won't even win his 17% of duels.

Hammer24

Banned
24 year rule

1970 Brazil (3rd star) ---> 1994 Brazil (4th star)
1982 Italy (3rd star) ---> 2006 Italy (4thstar)
1990 Germany (3rd star) ---> 2014...

...you know its true!

Matush

I fear that Brazil is going to be overmotivated, not to mention they play without Neymar and Silva. Germany got this.

I really hope Löw doesn't tear apart Hummels/Boateng again. They've finally clicked and our two best CBs have to play together.

The Lahm choice for me comes down to Khedira vs. Großkreutz. If Khedira isn't fit -> Großkreutz as RB.

My secret wish is Draxler for Özil, but it's not gonna happen. The Brazilians will kick the shit out of Özil and he won't even win his 17% of duels.

Squad which played against France should got this...Großkreutz is a good player indeed, but not on an international scale and not against Brazil which tends to kick the shit out of guys...

UglyPony

Cant wait for tonight. Its going to be glorious regardless of who will win. Personally i'm hoping Germany. Netherlands - Germany final would be awesome. Not sure how much impact those 2 missing players will influence Brazil's performance. I do know however that i will be disappointed if Brazil will protest their defeat and riots will break out if they lose. Which i can see happening.

rijkaard-voller.jpeg

Oh the memories.

Squad which played against France should got this...Großkreutz is a good player indeed, but not on an international scale and not against Brazil which tends to kick the shit out of guys...

Großkreutz played RB in the CL against Arsenal and Napoli. How else would you qualify to be good on an international scale? National team football is simply worse than club football.

Edit:

Lol, Özil. He will get destroyed by the hard playing Brazilians.

la_briola

Would be extra epic if Robben dives for real for a change and actually gets a penalty for it :D
Originally Posted by final 1974 said:
In the 25th minute a surging run from Bernd Hölzenbein was brought to an abrupt end as he threw himself over a tackle with the ball running out of his reach. Taylor blew for a penalty, although to many in the crowd it appeared to be a schwalbe, the German term for what the English would call a dive, something that Hölzenbein had quite a reputation for. ““That was his speciality,” Franz Beckenbauer has recalled. Sepp Maier agrees. “I have no penalty. Those who knew Hölzenbein knew very well. He simply flew over.”

Some call Hölzenbein the inventor of the Schwalbe/dive. What a legend, our gift to the world! ♥

Fun fact regarding Hölzenbein: Germany always had a player from Frankfurt while winning the world cup, lets see if they can brake this rule.

Wheres Jung, Jogi?

Backing Germany like usual but don't think people should underestimate Brazil even if there team not that good right now .
Either way i expect both teams to be hungry and i looking forward to what hopefully should be a great game .

nilbog21

Banned
honestly I have been so disappointed with the 4 teams in the semi-finals. I feel like there is no hype for these teams.. Really wish Colombia had made it in

scsa

Germany have looked like a very strong coherent unit in this WC ( or always have),Would love to see a Germany vs Argentina final.

Colombia and Chile in the semis would have made for a thrilling semi final watch, these teams played brilliantly.

S¡mon

Banned
I'm Dutch and even though there is a huge rivalry between The Netherlands and Germany, tonight I'll support the Germans. :) *Here's hoping for an exciting Germany - Netherlands finale* :p

Go Deutschland!

Hammer24

Banned
Just imagine:

Brazil-Argentina for 3rd place --> then even this match would have a lot of fire
and
Germany-Netherlands for the crown --> always a classic

Großkreutz played RB in the CL against Arsenal and Napoli. How else would you qualify to be good on an international scale? National team football is simply worse than club football.

Yeah but Arsenal and Napoli arent known for kicking around, and we all know Kevin got a kinda short temper...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom