• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$25 off $100 purchases with VISA Checkout is back with BestBuy.com

I just did another order (my 4th one) with ARMS and Kingdom Hearts III. I don't even want to look at my bank account with all the temp. charges. I remember someone saying the promo ends on the 21st so I'm hoping BB puts up the rest of the 3rd-party Switch games so I can do it with them as well.

ngower

Unfortunately barely any accessories are up on Best Buy yet. :(

Yeah, found that out the hard way. Considered pre-ordering Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 and a $5 gift card, which would pretty much mean I get both games for about $40 after taxes. Not that big a savings, but for Nintendo that's pretty decent.

ar4757

Despite being $38 ish each I canceled KH2.8 and Nier Automata from last time, and added Zelda and MK8. Opting for a Switch at launch so I'm gonna wait on those first two. I know KH will go on sale for even cheaper and Nier I will buy probably in the summer. Still supporting Yakuza 0, Sega needs all the help they can get!

dEvAnGeL

Deal still works, i canceled my previous order and placed 2 more, one with red dead 2 and yakuza 0, thanks to GAF for hyping me on a yakiza game and also got the Horizon Zero Dawn Collectors edition, i used the bestbuy 5 dollar gift card to get to 100 dollars on both orders, each order came out to $81.93, awesome deal, especially for the collectors edition, 40 bucks off pretty much

ar4757

Deal still works, i canceled my previous order and placed 2 more, one with red dead 2 and yakuza 0, thanks to GAF for hyping me on a yakiza game and also got the Horizon Zero Dawn Collectors edition, i used the bestbuy 5 dollar gift card to get to 100 dollars on both orders, each order came out to $81.93, awesome deal, especially for the collectors edition, 40 bucks off pretty much

Right on!

Toki767

A couple Switch accessories are up on Best Buy.

Just got a second set of Joycon controllers + charging grip for $85 + tax after $25 off.

Zesh

Just got a second set of Joycon controllers + charging grip for $85 + tax after $25 off.

Thanks for the heads-up. Still need the pro controller to go up, though... we have a few days left; hoping for the best.

What's the thought behind more Joycons over a pro controller?

Bomberman, etc multiplayer?

Feel like most games would be better on a proper Pro controller.

ARMS 2 player, being able to play mario kart 8, puyo puyo tetris and bomberman 4-player.

Also a 2nd set of neon means a set each of red/blue. No need to buy separate sets (ie: 3 pair).

Toki767

Mostly multiplayer, and so I can literally leave one set of Joycon attached to the Switch and one set attached to the charging grip.

You can use them as two separate controllers if you have guests over and you're in a bind. You have an extra set ready to click onto your Switch if your batteries die on your main ones. Paired with the charging grip, you have an easier way to charge your Joycons & you can play with them while you charge them.

All that probably wasn't enough for me on it's own, but factoring in the Best Buy coupon, it's only $15 over the Pro controller. Done.

Wow, didn't realize the promo was working multiple times. Thanks for the heads up!

I've got two orders so far...

1) Zelda, MK8 Deluxe, 1-2-Switch for $118 (I also have GCU)
2) Joy-Con (Red/Blue), Charging Grip for $90

This could be dangerous to my wallet...

Toki767

Wow, didn't realize the promo was working multiple times. Thanks for the heads up!

I've got two orders so far...

1) Zelda, MK8 Deluxe, 1-2-Switch for $118 (I also have GCU)
2) Joy-Con (Red/Blue), Charging Grip for $90

This could be dangerous to my wallet...

You shouldn't order more than 2 games per order for the maximum discount with this promotion.

The day before this started I renewed my GCU and bought yakuza and re7 with it for the discount. I want to make a new order and cancel the games to try and get the 25 off but my account still isn't GCU so when I try to add a game to my cart it asks me to buy GCU to get the discount. What gives? How long should this take?

Dio

Banned
The day before this started I renewed my GCU and bought yakuza and re7 with it for the discount. I want to make a new order and cancel the games to try and get the 25 off but my account still isn't GCU so when I try to add a game to my cart it asks me to buy GCU to get the discount. What gives? How long should this take?
I actually had to call customer support for GCU to get attached to my account online. It seems that sometimes they don't get it properly attached to your account when you buy it.

Toki767

Red/Blue Joycons finally up?

Got it with the charging grip.

Joy-Cons went to $60 with $25 charging grip.

Not bad.

Yeah. The $25 off makes it much more palpable to me. Instant 25% off Joycons.

Just need the pro controller up before this ends and I will make a 2nd order

I wouldn't get my hopes up about the pro controller considering no one is taking preorders on it at all.

I actually had to call customer support for GCU to get attached to my account online. It seems that sometimes they don't get it properly attached to your account when you buy it.
What a pain in the ass, hopefully this is still live in a few hours because i can't do it till then.

cwistofu

Can I use reward certs and gift cards if the amount in cash is still over 100? Looking at a monitor for $400, have 35 in rewards and 10 GC. It'd be nice to get a gsync monitor for a little over 300.

Yeah. The $25 off makes it much more palpable to me. Instant 25% off Joycons.

This $25 off promo has made the entire Switch launch for me. I was definitely going to wait out the Switch for a while, but when I can pick up titles like Zelda, MK8D, Splatoon 2, and Mario Odyssey for about $40 at release, plus get solid discounts on accessories, it was enough to push me over the edge.

This $25 off promo has made the entire Switch launch for me. I was definitely going to wait out the Switch for a while, but when I can pick up titles like Zelda, MK8D, Splatoon 2, and Mario Odyssey for about $40 at release, plus get solid discounts on accessories, it was enough to push me over the edge.

Wait, isn't this single use?

Top Bottom