• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$25 off $100 purchases with VISA Checkout is back with BestBuy.com

Zesh

This $25 off promo has made the entire Switch launch for me. I was definitely going to wait out the Switch for a while, but when I can pick up titles like Zelda, MK8D, Splatoon 2, and Mario Odyssey for about $40 at release, plus get solid discounts on accessories, it was enough to push me over the edge.

Same here; I already have six Switch games preordered at $40 each. Only issue is that this promo makes buying more games incredibly tempting.

tariniel

Tempting, there's a lot of games coming out in the coming months that I plan to buy and I also have GCU. I usually hate pre-ordering though because of reasons.

Zelda BotW Wii U, Nioh, Persona 5 are all ones I'm considering here.

Any idea how long this is around for?

goldenpp72

Does anyone know which charge station is the official nintendo one for switch? I see 2 and don't want to get the wrong one.

Does anyone know which charge station is the official nintendo one for switch? I see 2 and don't want to get the wrong one.

Official Nintendo Charging Grip - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-joy-con-charging-grip/5730706.p?skuId=5730706

Power A Charging Station - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-a...nintendo-switch-black/5729904.p?skuId=5729904

I don't think there's an official Nintendo charging station. Power A's charging station looks decent, but I don't know why you'd need one if you get an official Nintendo charging grip, as you can charge one set of Joy-cons on the tablet, and another on the grip, plus the grip converts a set of Joy-cons into a more standard one-piece controller.

Tempting, there's a lot of games coming out in the coming months that I plan to buy and I also have GCU. I usually hate pre-ordering though because of reasons.

It was super short lived the last time it happened, but we're on day 2 of this now, so it's hard to know.

Zesh

The Best Buy home page says that the offer ends on the 21st, while supplies last. So I guess the 21st or any time prior to that.

goldenpp72

Official Nintendo Charging Grip - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-joy-con-charging-grip/5730706.p?skuId=5730706

Power A Charging Station - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/power-a...nintendo-switch-black/5729904.p?skuId=5729904

I don't think there's an official Nintendo charging station. Power A's charging station looks decent, but I don't know why you'd need one if you get an official Nintendo charging grip, as you can charge one set of Joy-cons on the tablet, and another on the grip, plus the grip converts a set of Joy-cons into a more standard one-piece controller.

Thanks, my fiance bought the neon switch and now the charge grip and additional neon grips, and I bought all grey, so now we have 4 grips/8 joy cons, should be good, if not a bit too expensive but the sale helps.

The Best Buy home page says that the offer ends on the 21st, while supplies last. So I guess the 21st or any time prior to that.

Just as a warning, it said a longer time period the last time this deal came up too, and ultimately it was ended within a day or two. Just a word of caution. You can always cancel orders later if you change your mind.

robot

Persona 5
Marvel VS Capcom Infinite
Yakuza 0

Mario Odyssey
ARMS
Splatoon 2

Roughly $43 (taxed) per game - great deal. Thanks OP!

Didn't want to risk losing out on the deal waiting for the both blue joy-cons to show up, so I went with the red+blue joy-con set along with a charging grip. I hope we see the switch pro controller go up too.

Totakeke

Persona 5
Marvel VS Capcom Infinite
Yakuza 0

Mario Odyssey
ARMS
Splatoon 2

Roughly $43 (taxed) per game - great deal. Thanks OP!

You should split those into three orders and use a $5 gift card to top up each order... if you only placed two orders.

jrcbandit

Just as a warning, it said a longer time period the last time this deal came up too, and ultimately it was ended within a day or two. Just a word of caution. You can always cancel orders later if you change your mind.

One reason it is lasting longer than the November deal that was supposed to be month long is that Visa checkout blocked everything from the deal that Slickdeals/Fatwallet people went crazy over last time, ie, Google Home/chromecast, Amazon Echo/dot/Fire streaming, many home theater products.

I might put in a 3rd order now that Switch accessories are up. Too bad about the Pro controller not being there, other than the charging base I'm not sure what else to get. Neon Joy cons? Switch games like Arms or Splatoon 2 even though I'm not really into competitive multiplayer that much (played a little bit of a friend's copy of Splatoon on WiiU)? I wonder if Puyo Puyo Tetris going to be worth the price ($32 minus whatever percent of Visa checkout promotion) and why the hell is it $10 more than the PS4 version?

bubumiao

I would use this more if they didn't place authorization charges on my account every other week

Don't they just do the first initial one once you put in your order then actually charge you once your item ships?

I'm not sure what you mean by every other week.

Can I buy a gift card with this? So $100 for $75?

Can I apply a goft card on my next $100 purchase, and get $25 off that as well?

Piscus

Blast. As soon as they finally made Switch accessories available to preorder, they got rid of the Project Octopath Traveler preorder in their system. Now I need to buy $100 worth of accessories, I guess...

galvatron

Forgot my pw for Visa Checkout, the system locked me out after one attempt.

Welp.

Yeah, I had a lot of problems logging in after creating my password on a different system. All you need to do is click the password reset link and they'll let you set another password after putting in a code they send you.

jblank83

Pre-ordered Arms for Switch and Nier for PS4.

This deal is nutso. I've pre-ordered so many games since the first time I saw this back in November.

Toki767

I'm thinking about making a final order for Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2, but I'm very hesitant on Splatoon 2 since we don't know how much Nintendo's online will cost (and I sure as hell am not paying $60 a year for it) and I feel like Xenoblade 2 might get a CE...

How long does this promo last? Still reeling from 4K TV purchase over the holidays.

It lasts until the 21st, or until they reach the max offers available. Seeing as many are putting in multiple orders, the latter is much more likely. The last couple of times they did this, it only lasted a day or 2.

Top Bottom