• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex coming to SF V on March / PS3 sticks compatible.

explodet

As far as we know, the only thing it does is a quick reset in training.
As far as I've read, the touchpad function will only be applied to training mode as a shortcut when you want to reset. Other than that it shouldn't be a requirement.

The TE2 and TE2 Chun Li Mad Catz sticks for the ps4 do not have a touchpad implemented in them.
Yeah, neither does my HRAPV4 Hayabusa.

Thanks for the answers, sounds like I'm good!

Orcastar

I bought a USB card with VIA chipset and mine works on PC when I use those ports...haven't checked if that's still the case, but it worked on Windows 7. They were under $10 last I checked.

My TE stopped working on PC when I updated to Windows 10.

Definitely going for the PS4 version if it means I can still use the TE.

Rocwell

How long will getting to player level 200 take for the trophy? Were there player levels in the beta?
The player level seemed to be the culmination of your level on each character you played so if you had Ryu at level 10 and Ken at level 7 your player level would be 17 (give or take a level) so theoretically if you took each character available on release to around level 13 that would be enough for the trophy. You could probably do it in under 2 weeks just grinding online a few hours a night depending on your win rate.

Guymelef

-Spectator mode soon after launch
-Challenges on March. (with Tips and trials)
-Daily Challenges on March (win combats under specific conditions)

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'd love to use my TE stick from SFIV because it's still in amazing shape. It wouldn't be shocking if it "wasn't" supported due to how companies make money off compatibility in order to push upgrades.

Pompadour

There's suppose to be CPT info tonight on the Capcom pro talk.

Oh, then we might not get anything. There is a scheduled event that is supposed to give all the latest SFV info on YouTube but that's for the 10th. I believe it's a Japanese event so that could technically occur tonight. I posted about it in another thread but I don't have the exact info on me.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a 360->PS3 adapter? I'd like to keep using my old 360 stick until I have the cash to afford a shiny new PS4 one. Thanks!

tariniel

Edit: the quote I quoted got edited. Editception?

Why couldn't it launch on Friday or something so I can spend the 3 day weekend playing instead of anticipating :(

JeTmAn81

Does anyone have any recommendations for a 360->PS3 adapter? I'd like to keep using my old 360 stick until I have the cash to afford a shiny new PS4 one. Thanks!

I don't think these exist. You have to dual mod a 360 stick if you want it to work on PS3, and the cost of that is roughly equivalent to buying a whole other stick at least at used prices.

Just to confirm doubly, review copies went out today and the Alex and PS3 stick confirmations are both in the review guide.

Source is, well, er, me, I have the game & reviewers guide.

Greenzxy

If Capcom rewards you with a badge when you amass 1,000,000 FM, then I'm sure 100,000 per character is doable

Crisium

My SF3 main is first, thank god. The only downside of this is that maybe it means they have less time to get the character model right and are gonna use the ugly background Alex.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
My SF3 main is first, thank god. The only downside of this is that maybe it means they have less time to get the character model right and are gonna use the ugly background Alex.

no way the first piece of big dlc is low poly

FaintDeftone

The ChronusMAX Plus does this. It's a little pricey ($60) but it works across all platforms. There are also Brook adapters that are a little cheaper ($45) but they only work for the platform you purchase it for.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013E2KD5M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This report comes courtesy of Spanish outlet Meristation, who revealed that their advance copy of the game recently received a rather hefty 5.9 GB update that adds support for PlayStation 3 peripherals. Their details were backed up by screenshots that, along with the entire article, have since been removed.

For those who are keeping an eye on available space left.

Just to confirm doubly, review copies went out today and the Alex and PS3 stick confirmations are both in the review guide.

Awesome, tks for more clarification.

On the review side, are reviewers taking into consideration the release schedule of the game or judging it on its merits day one? I feel like substantial parts of the game are not released yet and websites should either update reviews after certain time periods, or take DLC into account, ur thoughts?

Guymelef

Alex in the review copies?
Meristation guy (source of the initial news) made a streaming a few hours ago and No Alex in select screen.
In fact seems like after the review patch from yesterday (1.01) FANG disappeared. .

Alex in the review copies?
Meristation guy (source of the initial news) made a streaming a few hours ago and No Alex in select screen.
In fact seems like after the review patch from yesterday (1.01) FANG disappeared. .
In the review guide not in the review copy.

Top Bottom