• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlanta |OT| Donald Glover's New Show For FX - Tuesdays 10/9c

Honestly as someone who knows a few small time rappers this is a pretty accurate episode lol like it's amazing accurate especially how promoters try to fuck em over

I died at Darius in the first 5 mins talking about the invisible car and paper boy saying it wasn't real then later during the night it turns out it is lmao

Aizo

Banned
The added touch slapping the club owner with the cash cracked me up pretty good. That's one of my favorite episodes so far for sure.

So slippery. Backing out through the secret rotating wall is too good.

Nabs

Shoutouts to Google

https://www.instagram.com/officialmarcusmiles/

14487251_318469358518762_1939157264329867264_n.jpg
14712295_657358574434036_726670842569687040_n.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This show is just too good. What a season so far - Glover is a friggin genius.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
this season has given me a whole new appreciation of his talent. Never thought much of him before now.

Honestly, I thought this series was gonna be played more seriously. Which isn't in Donald's wheelhouse with all the derrickcomedy stuff he's done. So to see the crazy that just seeps from the cracks makes it all the better

IronRinn

"Niggas know I drink juice" is a top five line.
Seriously.

Best show on TV right now
It's certainly up there, in my opinion.

I am seriously impressed by what Glover and crew have done. There hasn't been an episode yet that I haven't liked and this was no different. Expected to just check it out for curiosity's sake when it was first announced and it's quickly become one of my favorites.

Edit: The bit with the invisible car and how the ending turned on a dime. So good.

I just caught up with the first two episodes. What a beautifully shot show. Anyway, I had one question: didn't episode 1 end with Paperboy shooting that dude? In episode 2 it didn't seem like that was a big deal at all.

Been following Donald Glover since the derrickcomedy days. Sounds like Atlanta is not only funny but innovative. Really hope I can catch up with a cable sign in on FX

fr0st

Banned
I just saw episode 7 lol.

The segment with the black guy wanting to be white and the commercial with the cigars lol.

Helmholtz

That was a great episode. Did not like the previous one much, but this one hit all the right notes for me. Guess I like it when the show is a little more grounded.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
just watched it, this show man, this show.

looked at the previous posts and I'm glad to see that all the right gifs have already been made, haha.

edit:

YSG5c7l.png

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFX/status/788567224130740228

lol, I def thought that would happen

4rsuOEW.png

Best show on TV right now
yep. only two more episodes and I can safely declare it best show of the year. no doubt they'll be just as excellent as the 8 we got so far though.

That was the best episode yet. Honestly I think this show can be a bit hit and miss at times but that ep was amazing. The fucking invisible car lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Brian Tyree Henry Previews What's Coming on 'Atlanta': "We’re Gonna Take a Detour on Your Ass"

I also like that Atlanta focuses on the pursuit of the “American Dream” without ever shying away from the fact that the main characters are black. It’s very thorough in its examination of the black experience.

We weren’t aiming to carry a banner saying “Hey, this is what TV or America needs,” because diversity should already be a priority in America. It’s a place where you can have your hopes and dreams fulfilled—or so we’ve been told. As we grow older, we realize that’s not always the case. It’s great that the show is so unapologetically what it is. It’s created its own lane and its own universe, and that shouldn’t shake people. It shouldn’t make you go, “Oh there are three black men on TV.” We shouldn’t need to celebrate that in 2016. We, as black people, have stories, too; we have [things] we want to express. At the end of the day, it’s incredibly important to have a show like Atlanta because if we can’t stand up for and celebrate each other, then who will? Who will do it better? I’m glad it’s being done and that I’m a part of it because [telling these stories] is necessary. Their lives matter; we matter, and it’s important that we have a show like this portraying all of its sides. And what better place to do that than Atlanta?

Seesaw15

I just caught up with the first two episodes. What a beautifully shot show. Anyway, I had one question: didn't episode 1 end with Paperboy shooting that dude? In episode 2 it didn't seem like that was a big deal at all.

The guy Paper Boi shot ran away so there was no body/victim.

big ander

lmao the invisible car. Awesome episode. Darius and the bouncer was such a perfect moment, love that the bouncer's feelings were so hurt by being handed the glass. And Earn's conversation at the bar was so well-written.

Pickman

So he was supposed to perform. lol

Doors at 9, ladies drink free til 9:30. A bunch of women in there drinking like civil war soldiers waiting for the doctor to come take a leg off.

Also he was headlining over Miles. Paperboi on the come up. Ern fucked that up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This show has just the right amount of quirkiness, I feel. And it always hits you when you least expect it too, like the revolving door.

Good thing I bought the season pass to catch my girlfriend up on the show. I missed Tuesday's debut traveling so I finally got to catch it.

Don't care much for that slimy promoter, but I love that revolving door.

Top Bottom