• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlanta |OT| Donald Glover's New Show For FX - Tuesdays 10/9c

Permanently A

"I don't scare people like you man. Niggas know I drink juice and shit."

RFiJNyN.gif

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Love that the Lando casting happened, but I wonder how/if it might impact the schedule of the show. Hopefully it won't.

Fuu

Well it looks like production has already moved to Q3 2017.. Great for Donald, but damnit i don't want to wait ;_;
yeah, I just read the tweet and it already implies we won't get it as fast as we would...

sucks. although as long as they're able to keep doing their thing with the show I can wait.

Kickz

This episode was my favorite so far, man when that invisible car came careening out of control at the end, amazing payoff!

Stasis

Just caught up.

Died at invisible car at the end. Darius still the best, but love that Glover was cast as young Lando!

2018 S2 =(

masud

Banned
2018 🙁

Earns sales coworker dropping "you got the juice now" as they were leaving the promotors office was the best part of the last epjsode.

Fuu

- Atlanta is the best new show this year (The Independent)
Westworld and Stranger Things stand out as the most talked about shows of 2016, but they’re essentially about information; information eked out week by week, driving you to discuss, theorise and, that most basic realm of TV enjoyment, anticipate next week’s instalment.

Donald Glover’s new FX show Atlanta operates on a whole different plane. It’s not about hooking you in on what happens next or mapping out an overarching narrative, its enjoyments being varied and manifold. I was utterly, 100%, not-even-checking-my-phone, grabbed by it from the very first episode, and I say that as someone who doesn’t usually feel in the magnetic field of a show until around episode 4. Set amid the still very much burgeoning Atlanta trap scene, it could easily have relied on fairly stock, stereotypical characters, the emphasis being on the depiction of the genre and the era, but the show has a lot of personality and a lot of heart.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They celebrate Juneteenth in Atlanta? My ignorant ass thought that was just a Texas thing. Whoops

*takes revolving door outta thread*

IronRinn

Maaaaaaaan, having to wait until 2018 for another season of this show is fucking rough. I feel like that's almost enough time for them to never get around to it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Makes me kinda feel bad for all the other non-Glover actors on the show now...just got a successful gig and now they have to wait over a year again. Hope they find something cool to do in the meantime...

smisk

I watched episode 7 the other day, and it really cemented in my mind how fucking brilliant this show is. It's very weird and almost feels like a sketch comedy show sometimes but I love it. The Mickey's commercial alone was amazing.
A lot of smart subtext about race etc. that I'm surely too dumb to pick up on much of the time.

Top Bottom