• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

I'm watching this again and I'm really going to miss Badger in Season 3. That dude is freaking hilarious.
I understand why a great character like Tuco had to die, but I really wish they had killed off one of Jesse's other meth buddies instead of Badger.

xbhaskarx said:
I'm watching this again and I'm really going to miss Badger in Season 3. That dude is freaking hilarious.
I understand why a great character like Tuco had to die, but I really wish they had killed off one of Jesse's other meth buddies instead of Badger.

did he die? i cant even remember.. been a while

i just remember the fat mexican dude dying and what a brilliant scene that was.. like something out of The Wire

xbhaskarx

I thought Badger was the one who got shot by the kid on the bike while selling meth.

It's been ages though so I barely remember, and I'm only on episode 4 in my re-watch marathon...

If he's alive I hope they bring him back, great actor and character.

WillyFive

I just want to say the episode where Walt and Jesse are stuck in the old guy's house where he only communicated in dings, and then Hank comes to save the day without him knowing about the others is the best episode in the series.

It was one of the ones they showed yesterday.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Willy105 said:
I just want to say the episode where Walt and Jesse are stuck in the old guy's house where he only communicated in dings, and then Hank comes to save the day without him knowing about the others is the best episode in the series.

It was one of the ones they showed yesterday.

extremely tense stuff.

tuco is such a great character actor. he's all over the place:
  • x-files
  • the closer
  • nip/tuck
  • star trek deep space nine

he was even in GREMLINS 2!

xbhaskarx

What do the rest of you folks consider to be the best BB episode from either season?

For me, Negro y Azul and Better Call Saul (7 and 8) are the top two.
I think they have the two best openings, the Spanish music video and the undercover cop busting Badger. I also think the Tortuga scene from 7 is pretty much the most awesome death and most unexpected bomb explosion in any television show.
6 and 9 are not bad either, so basically disc 2 is amazing.

Willy105 said:

This comment wasn't there when I started writing. :lol

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i'm not sure. the whole journey of the characters sort of blends into this incredibly good, sometimes hard to stomach melange of excellent television. i don't remember individual episodes so much as individual moments with the characters. i will say that jesse's breakdown at the end of season 2 really had a big impact on me, and i realized how attached i'd become to him.

gdt

Yep.

With slower serialized dramas, it's harder for me to pick out certain episodes, rather than certain moments.

xbhaskarx

beelzebozo said:
the sash is the best part of the mona lisa.

Dude you just wrote "i don't remember individual episodes so much as individual moments"... so scenes, which are parts of episodes and together make up entire episodes.

So basically to continue using your analogy, there's something wrong with saying the best part of the Mona Lisa is the sash, but it's okay to say the best part of the Mona Lisa is one specific fold of material in the sash.

xbhaskarx

I have noticed 3-4 instances of foreshadowing on the re-watch so far...

Jesse: You weren't supposed to wake up.
Girlfriend: Ever?

I just blazed through season 2 in like 4 days (all episodes on demand=win). Show is definitely stretching its legs out now and I like it.

Bob Odenkirk once again outshines everyone else. He plays his character perfectly.

xbhaskarx

I just saw this pic, f'ing amazing :lol

bb2.jpg

That's the Obama "Weatherproof" ad in Times Square...

gdt

That's a great ad.

I defintely won't be ready by tomorrow night (finished S2E3 earlier) but I'll be good for next week. Definitely.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Can't wait for this, surprised it's airing so soon. I didn't expect to watch season 3 for months, when i finished the second season a few weeks back.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
xbhaskarx said:
What do the rest of you folks consider to be the best BB episode from either season?
If I had to pick one, it'd be "4 Days Out" from S2, where Walter and Jesse are stranded in the desert. That's just from memory, though... I should really watch S1 again, since I haven't seen it since it first aired.

Ashhong

Lafiel said:
Can't wait for this, surprised it's airing so soon. I didn't expect to watch season 3 for months, when i finished the second season a few weeks back.

well while you have been waiting only "a few weeks", the rest of us have been waiting about 10 months, since season 2 ended on May 31. so....yea :lol

daw840

Watched the pilot episode last night. I am so fucking pumped. That may be one of the best pilot episodes ever in TV.

On tonight! :D
AMCTV said:
No Mas

Walt deals with the aftermath of the plane crash and Skyler's anger as Jesse comes to a new realization about himself. A new threat to Walt appears. Skyler considers her next move.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I know an astounding amount of people that have started watching the show within the last month or two. That's obviously a good sign, and hopefully more people will be watching S3 — until recently, I only knew a handful of people that had even heard of the show. Sacrilege.

xbhaskarx

vatstep said:
I know an astounding amount of people that have started watching the show within the last month or two. That's obviously a good sign, and hopefully more people will be watching S3 — until recently, I only knew a handful of people that had even heard of the show. Sacrilege.

Yeah. I'm wondering how big the ratings jump will be. Here are the previous two season openers, FYI:

The pilot episode was watched by 1.4 million people, while the subsequent six episodes of the first season were watched by 1.1-1.3 million viewers each.
The second season opener was watched by 1.7 million people, up 21% from the previous season.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
AMC's advertising has been everywhere and it's been great, as usual. These guys knows their shit. The stuff they do with their marketing makes me want to get in the business myself.

Ashhong

its because its on AMC...before BB and Mad Men, when i thought of AMC i thought of old ass movies. not amazing television

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Ashhong said:
its because its on AMC...before BB and Mad Men, when i thought of AMC i thought of old ass movies. not amazing television
Even the movies they're getting are amazing. They're forming a distinct identity. You can easily think of the type of film that'll be on AMC. USA has the same deal with their TV shows, but they've recently lost it with their movies. I used to think of them as light-hearted stuff, but then they debuted a double header of Gone Baby Gone and No Country for Old Men and I was left pretty fucking confused.:lol

Ashhong

AMC had Gone Baby Gone? or do you mean USA? Honestly I never turn on AMC except when I know Breaking Bad or Mad Men are on :lol

I look at AMC like I look at USA, amazing shows and reruns of movies that I've already seen. I am amazed at the quality of every single USA show that comes to mind. I can't think of any duds out of Psych, Monk, Burn Notice, White Collar, etc. Hopefully AMC can keep it up as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom