• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4 trailer is online

Jammy

Banned
QuickKick89 said:
Yeah, this ain't for Wii. Good thing too - Infinity Ward is one of the few developers out there that is actually intelligent.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I sense dried bitter tears from every last PR and article given here.

Gigglepoo

Wario64 said:
The part with the rain and the ship looks pretty hot, if real time. Like MGS2 hot.

I predicted earlier today that these would be engine shots but not in game. I'm standing by that now. No way this is what it actually looks when you play this game come November.

Sean

Banned
cqc44604.gif

:)

White Man

Looks really nice. The thing is, as the trailer went on, I could hear my brain repeatedly chanting CLANCY! CLANCY! CLANCY!

Tieno

Man, it looks great. More impressed with it than I thought I would be. Not because of the good graphics, but because of the presentation and some of the blue-ish tones. Most of these war games look like a brownish blurry mess. (like ghost recon etc). Some of this gave me some Blackhawk Down vibes.

Enk

makes good threads.
Trailer looks more plausible compared to the Call of Duty 3 one. Still, I'm gonna keep my expectations on the middle ground. The change of setting intrigues me enough to try this one out. Can't wait to see what the multiplayer is like.

StevieP

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
I predicted earlier today that these would be engine shots but not in game. I'm standing by that now. No way this is what it actually looks when you play this game come November.

I'm in the same cautious boat. Remember the original "cinematic" trailer for CoD2, for instance? This is what we ended up with when it came to in-game :lol

7160003.jpg

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I sense dried bitter tears from every last PR and article given here.

Ignore the troll. I'd say he's lucky that he didn't get banned.

Enk said:
Trailer looks more plausible compared to the Call of Duty 3 one. Still, I'm gonna keep my expectations on the middle ground. The change of setting intrigues me enough to try this one out. Can't wait to see what the multiplayer is like.

IW had nothing to do with Call of Duty 3.

Gigglepoo

Huh, there's actual blood in the trailer at the 1:03 mark. I wonder if this will try to simulate a real war experience this time. A T rated war game always makes me feel about uneasy.

Wow, I really can't wait for this game now. Those scenes with all those helicopters flying over that desert town is exactly what I was hoping it would be like. I've been waiting for a Black Hawk Down sort of experience in a shooter for a while, and no game has delivered so far. Looking hopeful.

dankir

Wow looks friggin sick. Reminds me of GRAW quite a bit, but definitely a welcomed departure!! Gonna pick this one up!

ELS-01X

Banned
I wonder if the enemy animations will be like that during the game. Like the one where one guy goes down pulling the trigger. That was ****ing awesome.

StevieP

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
*sigh*

Did you even watch the trailer?

Don't take the trailer at such face value. Activision has duped us almost every single time with its initial trailers (see: above).

Foil

Wow the game looks great. Love the style and setting of it.

schuelma said:
Is there confirmation that its only 360/PS3?

God I'd love a good shooter on the Wii.

Man, just buy a 360 or a PS3 and stop doing this in so many threads...

AAK

AgentOtaku said:
here's hoping we still get multiple angles of different conflicts...and not just a Team America promo :)

A game where you can kill American soldiers? Nah, it would get banned instantly.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Foil said:
Man, just buy a 360 or a PS3 and stop doing this in so many threads...

Well, I think this is the second thread where I've pondered a Wii version (I believe the first was NCAA 08), but because I care so much about your GAF experience I'll try to stop, just for you.

NotWii

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
*sigh*

Did you even watch the trailer?
It's an honest question, COD2/3 still used the Q3 engine.

And the trailer is still downloading >:O

EDIT: That is ****ing awesome! Glad I'm splurging on a beefy video card for Crysis and this

Foil

schuelma said:
Well, I think this is the second thread where I've pondered a Wii version (I believe the first was NCAA 08), but because I care so much about your GAF experience I'll try to stop, just for you.

No worries. It's just every thread we have with a third party game there's a handful of the same people asking "why isn't this on Wii". The system just won't get certain games, and if you want to play them you might as well buy a secondary system or upgrade your pc so you can get the best of both worlds. No biggie.

Anyways don't wanna derail the thread.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Foil said:
No worries. It's just every thread we have with a third party game there's a handful of the same people asking "why isn't this on Wii". The system just won't get certain games, and if you want to play them you might as well buy a secondary system or upgrade your pc so you can get the best of both worlds. No biggie.

Anyways don't wanna derail the thread.

Fair enough- thought it was a reasonable question considering COD3 was on the Wii.

ZeoVGM

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
meh.............no gameply footage

.. What? That was real time.

When exactly do we EVER see trailers that are actually from the gameplay, as in you see your health and ammo all that? Not until game sites like IGN post hands on. Companies don't release trailers ever like that.

StevieP

Banned
Wii said:
Nope, it's just a heavilly modified Q3 engine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake_III_engine

Wii have a wiiner.

And it's not really derailing since the Wii will likely get a downscaled (or PS2 up-ported) version of this game anyway. Sales speak to publishers, and I'm sure that Activision is pushing hard consindering their really quick (rape) cash-in port of CoD3, despite its decent controls, did fairily well for a direct-port PS2/XBox game minus all multiplayer. I'd still opt for the superior PC version, though, despite the fact that I may give the Wii version a rent to see if they did anything interesting with the controller (I enjoyed the driving and almost mouse-like controls in CoD3 Wii).

What? That was real time.

Err... People forget the original trailer unveiling of both CoD2 AND CoD3, don't they? Again, look above to the CoD2 shot - and expect something a bit prettier than that in the end, when we get down to seeing scenes that aren't cinematics.

NotWii

Banned
StevieP said:
Err... People forget the original trailer unveiling of both CoD2 AND CoD3, don't they? Again, look above to the CoD2 shot - and expect something a bit prettier than that in the end, when we get down to seeing scenes that aren't cinematics.
Do you have a DirectX 7 card or something? COD2 looked much better than the shot you linked...

COD4's trailer looks like a mix of pre-rendered and realtime footage

StevieP

Banned
Wii said:
Do you have a DirectX 7 card or something? COD2 looked much better than the shot you linked...

COD4's trailer looks like a mix of pre-rendered and realtime footage

That's an actual shot from the 360 version. My PC version looks better, obviously, due to applied AA/AF and resolution increases. But the console versions won't have AF/FSAA so I just thought I'd post what to expect (obviously it'll look better than that, but this modified Q3 engine for consoles is still just that).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
StevieP said:
That's an actual shot from the 360 version. My PC version looks better, obviously, due to applied AA/AF and resolution increases. But the console versions won't have AF/FSAA so I just thought I'd post what to expect (obviously it'll look better than that, but this modified Q3 engine for consoles is still just that).

Did you just go dig up the shittiest, worst quality shot you could find of CoD2 on the 360? You know the game doesn't look that bad. It doesn't look particularly good either and even CoD3 was a huge improvement, but the screenshot you linked is just awful.

element

Wii said:
Nope, it's just a heavilly modified Q3 engine.
This isn't what the guys at IW told me...

hmmm, IW guys or Wikipedia...?

I guess you could say highly modified in the same way as Source is Quake code...

I watched the trailer and thought it was pretty good, the editing made it seem much more intense and visceral than the Clancy games and I almost got hyped....

...but then I remembered this was console based and realised that it will be complete and utter ass.

StevieP

Banned
element said:
This isn't what the guys at IW told me...

hmmm, IW guys or Wikipedia...?

I guess you could say highly modified in the same way as Source is Quake code...

IW guys lying? To be fair, they modified the rendering and texturing engines, but it's still QIII Arena underneath.

Did you just go dig up the shittiest, worst quality shot you could find of CoD2 on the 360? You know the game doesn't look that bad. It doesn't look particularly good either and even CoD3 was a huge improvement, but the screenshot you linked is just awful.

Would you prefer some more? Dude, the game lacks AA/AF on consoles, and likely always will, what do you expect? Bullshots?

Kangu

Banned
I didn't think it was too impressive, looked very CoD2ish for my tastes. And some of those character models are loltastic, they wouldn't look out of place in GTA4.

Top Bottom