• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4 trailer is online

Quagm1r3

Pretty flashy trailer. Doesn't look any better than what I've seen so far in other futuristic shooters (BF 2142 for example). Who knows though. Maybe it'll be awesome.

StevieP

Banned
element said:

If you think so. But then, don't look at the legal print.

Call Of Duty® 2
© 2005 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision and Call of Duty are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. This product contains software technology licensed from Id Software ("Id Technology"). Id Technology © 1999-2005 Id Software, Inc. The ratings icon is a registered trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. © 2005, Discovery Communications, Inc. Military Channel, logo and Go Behind the Lines are trademarks of Discovery Communications, Inc., used under license. All rights reserved. www.discovery.com. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.

id say element knows his shit more than any of you "WERE IZ DA WII VERSHION?!?!" minions

Then dont' look above.

I don't get it... Why are you comparing the COD2 trailer (PC footage) to COD2 console screens?

Because we're talking about the trailer to a console game (CoD4)... aren't we?

NotWii

Banned
StevieP said:
Would you prefer some more? Dude, the game lacks AA/AF on consoles, and likely always will, what do you expect? Bullshots?
I don't get it... Why are you comparing the COD2 trailer (PC footage) to COD2 console screens?

That's like comparing Donkey Kong Country SNES footage to Donkey Kong Land GB screens and saying: "It won't look end up looking like that you know"
dkc2.jpg

dkl.gif

CreepingDea7h said:
If it looks that good, does it even matter what engine they are using? Seriously...
I'm just curious. They'd have to modify it a heck of a lot to get it to this level :eek:

camineet

Banned
while the graphics might not be a HUGE leap from COD2, COD3, they're improved enough with the lighting. look great. I like the Soviet/Russian/European and pehaps Central Asian (?) theme.

PC, Xbox 360, PS3 right ?

Yo Gotti

Banned
InFinIti WARD is the War DEV thaat MaKES thhhhe mY SeXXX pantS WET!

WE WiLL sucumb to the POWER of teh LIFE engine ThINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT.

I Have BEEN CALLED for Duty 4 the MOST POWEFUL developer of hte XBOX.

wE wILL nOT SHINE OUR ARMOR fOR it will BLOCK OuT thee SUN with our BULLETS BanQUET in HELL!!!!

FIRE!!!!!!!!!

element

ahh i guess i am wrong :( but I'm going off what IW guys told me. I guess they view it like Valve views their code. legally it has code from previous tech, but it doesn't really hold that much in common at this point. I'll take the mulligan on this one...

rod

Banned
Yo Gotti said:
InFinIti WARD is the War DEV thaat MaKES thhhhe mY SeXXX pantS WET!

WE WiLL sucumb to the POWER of teh LIFE engine ThINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT.

I Have BEEN CALLED for Duty 4 the MOST POWEFUL developer of hte XBOX.

wE wILL nOT SHINE OUR ARMOR fOR it will BLOCK OuT thee SUN with our BULLETS BanQUET in HELL!!!!

FIRE!!!!!!!!!

WTF:lol

StevieP

Banned
element said:
ahh i guess i am wrong :( but I'm going off what IW guys told me. I guess they view it like Valve views their code. legally it has code from previous tech, but it doesn't really hold that much in common at this point. I'll take the mulligan on this one...

No worries. As I said, to be fair to both parties, they DID modify some aspects of the Q3Arena engine, so some of it IS their own work. But then, most third parties do modify that aging engine when they use it nowadays. Doesn't change the fact that the core of the work is iD's engine, though.

Simple. Wii has proven it sucks for shooters. Therefore, instead of making one, don't.

Simple math, no?

Simple questions:
1) Do you actually consider analog sticks accurate?
2) How are you still around?
3) Do you work for 1up?

firex

It's a good thing Infinity Ward cares about the real man's gaming system, so those of us who have evolved beyond the console wars can play what will no doubt be the definitive PC version.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Blimblim said:
wmv and mp4 versions online in a few minutes.

YAY!!! Hey Blim are people having trouble downloading the MP4 to their PS3s? Because I am. It just loads and loads and loads without going to the PS3 download screen.

Is this happening with your PS3?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
StevieP said:
That's an actual shot from the 360 version. My PC version looks better, obviously, due to applied AA/AF and resolution increases. But the console versions won't have AF/FSAA so I just thought I'd post what to expect (obviously it'll look better than that, but this modified Q3 engine for consoles is still just that).

Actually that shot is from the PC version running the DX8 renderer. Nice try though.

g23 said:
So can you play as the Russian SPETNAZ? British SAS? United States Army Rangers?

There was some russian sounding voiceovers early on, including the "this game is not yet rated" bit so it's definitely a possibility.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I was gonna come in here and bitch about how we don't need anymore stupid WW2 shooters. But this game is not about WW2...! Thank you Infinity Ward. :)

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Can GAF ever have a First Person shooter thread with out PC gamers dick waving.

Smokey

I liked the trailer, but I thought graphically it looked "ok".

Wasn't too impressed with the graphics, seems like way too much normal mapping going on.

I love the setting though and overall it was a really well done trailer.

ram

looks ok, but reminds a lot on GRAW 1/2. seriously, first person shooters are getting more and more boring these days...

at least its no WW2 oder bald space marine game.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
MickeyKnox said:
Will first person shooters stop being made worthless by being geared to consoles?

When they start out selling consoles on a regular basis.

After the mess that was COD3 on Wii I'm actually not too disappointed this won't come to Wii.

I would much rather a built-up for Wii FPS.

Haunted

Some parts of it look great, while some ..aren't. Waiting for a gameplay trailer and impressions on this one.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Alkaliine said:
After the mess that was COD3 on Wii I'm actually not too disappointed this won't come to Wii.

I would much rather a built-up for Wii FPS.
Like Red Steel right?

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
It is looking good, can't wait till we see a more indepth look at the game.

Looking foward to the PC version, mainly for the controls.

jj984jj said:
Like Red Steel right?

Well, I enjoyed Red Steel despite it's glaring imperfections. I'll give Ubisoft some lenience simply because of the fact that it was a launch title and an ambitious effort for a new and unique control sceme.

Well I hope they bring this back to CoD/United Offensive quality. But I guess that's just too hardcore nowadays. Halo recharging health FTL.

Trailer looked OK but I guess "war" on terror games will get played out as well in a short time. The setting really didn't do all that much too me. Glad it's not WW2 again though.

Oh and make the single player campaign last longer this time, thx.

squicken

This thread is a disaster. Half of the posts are from elitist PC gaming pricks or Wii Wagglers. You folks need to understand that getting either a XBOX 360 or PS3 is going to be necessary this gen.

Goldrusher

So, where are we playing ? Lebanon ? Palestina ? Afghanistan ?

I see Arabic writings, typical Arabic houses, palm trees, loads of sand and dust. Can't be Eastern-Europe as some here are saying.

Foil

Mrbob said:
Pretty much!

Time to treat the Call of Duty series like Splinter Cell. Buy them every other year when the A team is on the job.

It's a damn shame Activision just doesn't drop Treyarch from this brand. Let them focus on Bond instead. Maybe alternate Bond and COD every other year. Atleast that way it'll give 2 years between games which is perfectly fine.

COD4 - 2007
Bond - 2008
COD5 (Vietnam) - 2009
Bond 2 - 2010

chico

i like...
incredible trailer!
i really hope that everything shown was ingame. tired of being hyped be prerendered trailers.

NotWii

Banned
shaft said:
how lame, it's about terroristst again.
terrorists are the new nazis/communists

ram said:
looks ok, but reminds a lot on GRAW 1/2. seriously, first person shooters are getting more and more boring these days...

at least its no WW2 oder bald space marine game.
Middle East urban combat is getting old too...
Desert Strike (BF1942 Mod), BF2, MGS4 and that FPS game that wants to be like 'Gran Turismo, but for guns'

Vitet said:
Wasn't the leading SKU of COD4 the PC like COD2 and unlike COD3?

I ask.
Yes

Some parts look great and some parts look mediocre. But this is far from complete and IF will not dissapiont us.

Got a good vibe from it.

Top Bottom