• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cardi B- Bodak Yellow now the #1 Song in America (Billboard Hot 100)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I've never heard this song but whenever I see the name it plays in my head to the tune of "Black and Yellow"

Bodak Yellow
Bodak Yellow
Bodak Yellow
Bodak Yellow

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dunno if it's been linked it or not (and maybe by me), but the MTV VMAs performance of the song was fantastic and she knocked it out of the park. It's what made me a fan of the song. So much energy and the way everything, especially the camera, keeps moving is mesmerizing.

I don't like it but it's better than the Taylor Swift song. Also, her background/story is really fascinating. Good for her.
Cardi B and Taylor Swift are pretty much polar opposites in a lot of ways, now that you mention it. Authenticity, transparency, having a unique personality, being self-made etc.

Hycran

Banned
Normally I like to big up artists for their success, but this song is absolute, unmitigated garbage. There used to be a time when female rappers actually had some stage presence and charisma, now Cardi B is just ripping off Nikki Minaj who herself is a charisma vacuum.

Glad I don't have to listen to this on the drive to work in the morning.

Never heard of Cardi B before this. Gave the song a spin yesterday and realize I've heard cars bumping it for a minute. I'm glad there's another female rapper in the mainstream besides Nicki, bonus this beat TSwift.

Chinbo37

Wow. I like and listen to a lot of modern hiphop.

Migos, Young Thug, YG, ASAP etc. I like a lot of that stuff.

I just listened to this song for the first time and it is straight trash.

pablito

I expected to hate it based off some of the responses, but it's aight. Not something that's going to last with me, though.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Man, hip hop threads bring out some interesting people.

We got one person blaming bad words in songs for Trump being elected, we have another who somehow went on a random rant about plastic surgery being the literal devil.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. I like and listen to a lot of modern hiphop.

Migos, Young Thug, YG, ASAP etc. I like a lot of that stuff.

I just listened to this song for the first time and it is straight trash.
I really don't understand this at all. This song SLAPS. If you were one of those people who hated Migos or something I'd get it but... huh.

blackflag

LOL I'm a big fan of rap music ever since I heard "If I ruled the World" as a child. Still love it. Killer Mike, etc.

I was like wow #1 rap female...this must be fire.....GAF what the hell is going on? LOL this is terrible. Sounds like she is just reading the words for the first time and the beat isn't hot either. what is this?

blackflag

I really don't understand this at all. This song SLAPS. If you were one of those people who hated Migos or something I'd get it but... huh.

I agree with him I like Migos too but this, I don't get it. It's fine I don't have to like everything I'm just kinda surprised.

tbm24

LOL I'm a big fan of rap music ever since I heard "If I ruled the World" as a child. Still love it. Killer Mike, etc.

I was like wow #1 rap female...this must be fire.....GAF what the hell is going on? LOL this is terrible. Sounds like she is just reading the words for the first time and the beat isn't hot either. what is this?
It’s fun music. Don’t sit and think about it, just go along for the ride. If you’re a big fan of rap I’m sure you’ve liked numerous songs that are similar. As far as the beat, if you’re not into trap(basic trap but to me it’s all basic shit) then it’s not for you.

SexyFish

Banned

It’s good shit and it bops in a club.

Despacito has a beat that's been reused for at least 15 straight years. I don't get Reggaeton.

Tego Calderone is the only real dude in the genre.

LordKasual

Banned
From Lauren Hill to this? music is shit now.

boy hill's last album dropped almost 2 decades ago

She is like Azealia Banks but a little bit less racist still racist tho

lol what the fuck

"a little bit less racist than azealia banks" might as well be donald trump, that woman is legit insane

Cardi is about as racist as any individual from the hood. Hell, even a racially homogeneous suburb.

Top Bottom