• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

So some weird shit on the 9.95 boards made me get all nostalgic and so I started searching CFB on these forums. Didn't realize it has been going so long here - since the nearly to mid 2000s or whatever.

Also saw the growth over the years. Then the massive neutering and decline since the move to community. Really unfortunate there isn't a legitimate way to increase exposure to newer members that might frequent only the main OT section.

That's the good part of the MNC thread being in OT. It's our one chance a year to make people aware of the community thread.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
2 channels showing player interviews at the same time, smrt.

espn seriously going to have pylon cam as a whole game broadcast?

Cecil Hurt
@CecilHurt
Kiffin on Phoenix: "Last time I was here I got fired. Time before that was for the (USC) NCAA hearing. So, yeah, a lot of great memories."
heh

andycapps

Army All American game starts at 1 if you want to see all the top recruits play. I'm sure some recruiting decisions announced during the game.

ND State is going to run away with this.

AntoneM

Carson Wentz has played his way into the late first round; early second round at worst. Unless, of course, he has a meltdown and throws a bunch of INT in the 4th quarter.

PS: this game is his first game back after not playing for 8 weeks due to a broken wrist.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
That's the good part of the MNC thread being in OT. It's our one chance a year to make people aware of the community thread.

Would be better if we got a week 1 thread in OT. MNC thread gets people interested just in time for the sport to go relatively dormant for 8 or 9 months.

AntoneM

After celebrating... (a 4th shot of gin)

5-Peat feels sweet!

Also, umm... the Jacksonville State band was really good. So yeah!

Edit---
The only player on the NDSU Bison team who finished a season without a National championship is 6th year player Zach Vraa. (6 because of an injury red shirt on top of a regular red shirt.)

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Glad McCarron's noodle arm is going to ruin this playoff game for me

rJdxwte.jpg

Draxal

That might be arranged. We've been talking recently about how to help community threads keep from stagnating. It's a tough balance between wanting the main forum to have room for regular discussions while not wanting to completely doom threads that move to community. If someone reminds me before next season I can check with the other mods and I suspect it'd get a green light this time.

Honestly, I"m kinda wary of that. We have a good mix of people here and while I do desire to see new blood here, I just don't want new people NBA gaffing the thread.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
That might be arranged. We've been talking recently about how to help community threads keep from stagnating. It's a tough balance between wanting the main forum to have room for regular discussions while not wanting to completely doom threads that move to community. If someone reminds me before next season I can check with the other mods and I suspect it'd get a green light this time.

This would be good because week 1 has some really big cross conference matchups so there should be lots of interest.

Honestly, I"m kinda wary of that. We have a good mix of people here and while I do desire to see new blood here, I just don't want new people NBA gaffing the thread.

Difference is, the core of CFB GAF is good which is why any disruptive posters here generally disappear after a while. Same thing will happen after a brief move to the OT. Any bad new posters that jump in will eventually see this community isn't for them. On the flip side, the good posters may decide to hang round.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

If it does come back, I wonder if they're just going to randomly generate all of the rosters or something like that so as to avoid likeness issues. Wouldn't be hard at all to find fan-made rosters online with the real players so it's not like we would really be missing much.

::edit::
hHkWqJe.png

Boooooooooo

Optimists/conspiracy theorists would have to wonder why they would post something so ambiguous for this national championship game after not posting anything at all for the last two, though. About 18 months between that video an hour ago and the last post that account made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom