• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Cavin (Riley) Ridley just committed to UGA and will enroll next week. That's a bonus because nobody even knew he was a little possibility a few days ago. Solid pickup.

cdyhybrid

The only place that can rival Utah for passive aggression is Washington state.

Never been to Utah, but it's impressive they can even mentioned in the same sentence as us!

Edit: Technically I stopped over at SLC's airport for an hour on the way to Vegas. It sucked because I couldn't even get a drink to pass the time!

In USC news the Trogans have re-hired John Baxter (special teams) and Clancy Pendergast (defensive coordinator).

Rumor is Pendergrast only got 2 years but wanted 3.

AntoneM

On the Mazzone thing. He was OC at ASU under Dennis Erickson and put up great numbers but was total shit in the red zone. I recall UCLA fans on the $9.95 sites laughing that they "stole" Mazzone from ASU (Erickson had been fired) and ASU fans saying much to the effect of "good riddance". Funny to see UCLA fans now thinking the same thing. Too bad aTm didn't hire him, yet.
I hope for Mazzone to have a long career of mediocrity at UCLA

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I recall UCLA fans on the $9.95 sites laughing that they "stole" Mazzone from ASU (Erickson had been fired) and ASU fans saying much to the effect of "good riddance". Funny to see UCLA fans now thinking the same thing.

Cincinnati fans were so happy when they "stole" Tuberville from us. Their talk about him these days looks really familiar.

Limedust

Rooooooolllll Tiiiiiiiiiiiiide

CYIZ9yhWcAAjAj6.png

Pickup truck... check
Military... check
NRA... check
NASCAR... check

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Easy, you always pick the national championship game played in the Rose Bowl (since those fuckers decided decades ago to lock out everyone in the name of B1G/PAC nonsense).

Alabama's won recent championships at the Rose, Sugar and Orange bowl. Just the Fiesta is left. Though now, guess there will be other places for championships (Cotton and Peach?)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Easy, you always pick the national championship game played in the Rose Bowl (since those fuckers decided decades ago to lock out everyone in the name of B1G/PAC nonsense).

Alabama's won recent championships at the Rose, Sugar and Orange bowl. Just the Fiesta is left. Though now, guess there will be other places for championships (Cotton and Peach?)

By "Cotton" I assume you mean AT&T Stadium/Jerryworld (where the "Cotton Bowl" game is played) and not the actual Cotton Bowl (whose general inferiority got it demoted from its namesake bowl to the "Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl").

andycapps

Someone should just do a fucking Google doc and post the link here and we collaborate on OT. Maybe post the link in email code or however you do it to keep out randoms.

So some weird shit on the 9.95 boards made me get all nostalgic and so I started searching CFB on these forums. Didn't realize it has been going so long here - since the nearly to mid 2000s or whatever.

Also saw the growth over the years. Then the massive neutering and decline since the move to community. Really unfortunate there isn't a legitimate way to increase exposure to newer members that might frequent only the main OT section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom