• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so ready for this game! To me it's all about the LOS. Both of these teams generally dominate the LOS on both sides. Should be interesting, but I have believe my Tigers can pull it off.

I'm so ready for this game! To me it's all about the LOS. Both of these teams generally dominate the LOS on both sides. Should be interesting, but I have believe my Tigers can pull it off.

What is this shit? You want actual game talk in here?

Look bud, the only thing we care about is if you hear god's voice does it sound like Bear Bryant or Elmer Fudd.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I feel like Watson can overcome issues at the line of scrimmage to mitigate the effect of the DL of Alabama though.

If Clemson can get an early lead and make Alabama play from behind to hopefully reduce the impact of their running game, they got this. But Clemson can be a pretty slow starter.

Draxal

I heard an 70-80 year old Auburn from Birmingham calling Boomer and Carton on the fan here in this morning, talk about completely different worlds.

lush

Tennessee DC John Jancek is out as of today, there had been a lot of smoke since this weekend. Shoop from PSU has been the name these past few days.

cashman

Banned
So A&M is gonna hire Meacham out of TCU. They'll be paying 1M+ and you've gotta think there's a buyout there if he's making a lateral move. Looks like they're going all in on Sumlin. Hope it buys him another couple of years.

Chip Brown ‏@ChipBrownHD · 32m32 minutes ago
I'm hearing #Washington athletic director Scott Woodward will be the new AD at Texas A&M. #TAMU #Aggies

cdyhybrid post if you're okay. Or overjoyed, or disappointed etc.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm hearing #Washington athletic director Scott Woodward will be the new AD at Texas A&M. #TAMU #Aggies

Coach Peterson now living on borrowed time?

mre

I'm sure A'Shawn is a perfectly pleasant and jovial person, but by God he is the angriest-looking man I've ever seen.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
So A&M is gonna hire Meacham out of TCU. They'll be paying 1M+ and you've gotta think there's a buyout there if he's making a lateral move. Looks like they're going all in on Sumlin. Hope it buys him another couple of years.

Any actual confirmation for that yet? It's been the rumor for a little bit but I haven't seen anything concrete.

He did turn down the Texas State HC job.

cdyhybrid

Eh, the stadium is already remodeled so he's had a good run here. Would like to keep him, but what can you do?

That said, the gameday experience was a bit lacking IMO, and they struggled to sell out the stadium completely with the rise of the Seahawks, so an overhaul in marketing might be good for the program.

I doubt it, team has a positive outlook going forward and he hasn't indicated that he'd be interested in coaching elsewhere. Highly doubt a new AD would be interested in ushering him out anyway, with him held in such high regard.

Wonder if we'll just promote from within, since there aren't really any major coaching searches to be done right now. Pete and Romar (MBB coach) both have at least two more years of cushion, I would think.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm sure A'Shawn is a perfectly pleasant and jovial person, but by God he is the angriest-looking man I've ever seen.

Saw him in person at the Five Guys Burgers in Tuscaloosa. Yeah. He's a next generation human being. He was even bigger than Courtney Upshaw, who I also saw in the same Five Guys a few years earlier. The Deer Antler Spray is real and it is beautiful.

BCdctsRCEAIPKqG.jpg

good, good

Draxal

Saw him in person at the Five Guys Burgers in Tuscaloosa. Yeah. He's a next generation human being. He was even bigger than Courtney Upshaw, who I also saw in the same Five Guys a few years earlier. The Deer Antler Spray is real and it is beautiful.

Heh, I saw Kevin Gilbride at a Five Guys by Giants Metlife stadium. Guess five guys is the place to be stalk football staff/players.

UW had the best defense in the Pac 12 and was playing a freshman QB and just had a freshman RB set the school record for TDs in a Bowl Game. I'd honestly pick UW as a team to breakout next year, although I don't know off the top of my head how much of their defense they return.

Edi: Looks like they lose 4 starters on offense and 4 on defense to graduation, dunno about early entrants.

Edit2: I'm surprised that they only have the 11th best class in the Pac 12.

mre

Finally found a good picture from today:

iEAtJ1Y.jpg

cdyhybrid

UW had the best defense in the Pac 12 and was playing a freshman QB and just had a freshman RB set the school record for TDs in a Bowl Game. I'd honestly pick UW as a team to breakout next year, although I don't know off the top of my head how much of their defense they return.

Edi: Looks like they lose 4 starters on offense and 4 on defense to graduation, dunno about early entrants.

Edit2: I'm surprised that they only have the 11th best class in the Pac 12.

We're bringing in a smaller class this season (17 IIRC), so that plays a part. We're also waiting on some guys that haven't committed yet, so if/when they commit it should bump us up a bit.

Only 4 people had the balls to ask him a question. :jnc

:jnc

Probably figured after the dumb God with Bear Bryant's voice that this is not a man to fuck with.

Shit.. If he trimmed/shaved his beard.. It would make him seem a little less intimidating. But that stare and beard.. Man.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

BCdctsRCEAIPKqG.jpg

good, good

qtP3r3E.jpg

cashman

Banned
It's football scoop official

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 1m1 minute ago
Sources tell FootballScoop UCLA OC Noel Mazzone will be the new OC at Texas A&M

mre

It's football scoop official

FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 1m1 minute ago
Sources tell FootballScoop UCLA OC Noel Mazzone will be the new OC at Texas A&M
Wow, Noel Mazzone. That's a name I haven't heard in a long ass time. His wikipedia page reminded me that not only was he the OC at Auburn for a bit under Tuberville, but that he used to be NC State's OC under Chuck "the Chest" Amato at NC State. Amato is now the defensive coordinator at Akron under another former Auburn coach, Terry Bowden.

UCLA fans have been wanting to get rid of him for awhile, even more so this year where they kept trying to run read option with the statuesque pocket passer Rosen.

Wow, Noel Mazzone. That's a name I haven't heard in a long ass time. His wikipedia page reminded me that not only was he the OC at Auburn for a bit under Tuberville, but that he used to be NC State's OC under Chuck "the Chest" Amato at NC State. Amato is now the defensive coordinator at Akron under another former Auburn coach, Terry Bowden.

Chuck's D in Akron this year was pretty damn good actually

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
15th in Total Defense and 24th in Scoring D is pretty good for a non power 5 school. He was a joke at NC State, but he was a hell of a coach at FSU as DC.
No, I believe you that Chuck's D is quite spectacular. I have certainly heard good things about his D. People seem very satisfied with it.

ryseing

15th in Total Defense and 24th in Scoring D is pretty good for a non power 5 school. He was a joke at NC State, but he was a hell of a coach at FSU as DC.

Some of our delusional fans wanted him back after Mississippi State. Hard to blame them when we gave up 51.

andycapps

Calvin Ridley's brother, Cavin :)jnc), is visiting UGA today and may enroll as soon as next week. His HS coach seems to think it's happening. He committed to Sakerlina last week at one of the All American games and backed off the commitment almost immediately. Would be a good pickup at a position of huge need. Already in the UGA phonebook so he's signed financial aid papers, I believe.

mre

Calvin Ridley's brother, Cavin :)jnc), is visiting UGA today and may enroll as soon as next week. His HS coach seems to think it's happening. He committed to Sakerlina last week at one of the All American games and backed off the commitment almost immediately. Would be a good pickup at a position of huge need. Already in the UGA phonebook so he's signed financial aid papers, I believe.
Yeah, I doubt he's going to Bama. Goes by Riley Ridley.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Think he's also in Alabama and Michigan's directory too. Think it's one of those "cover your bases" thing, just waiting on a decision.

andycapps

Yeah, I doubt he's going to Bama. Goes by Riley Ridley.

I haven't heard of them being in the mix, but I'm assuming it's because he's from out of state, he doesn't feel any ties to them. Between UGA and Sakerlina.

Lonestar said:
Think he's also in Alabama and Michigan's directory too. Think it's one of those "cover your bases" thing, just waiting on a decision.

Gotcha. We could use him. We have Terry Godwin, Isaiah Mckenzie, and that's about it for proven receivers. Mckenzie wasn't very active this year in anything other than punt returns and jet sweeps, so if he wants to have a chance to play right away, he can get it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom