• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I haven't heard of them being in the mix, but I'm assuming it's because he's from out of state, he doesn't feel any ties to them. Between UGA and Sakerlina.
Up until he committed to USC, he was long thought to be a Bama lean because of his brother. I don't blame him for wanting to go elsewhere; his brother has some big shoes to fill.

andycapps

Up until he committed to USC, he was long thought to be a Bama lean because of his brother. I don't blame him for wanting to go elsewhere; his brother has some big shoes to fill.

Right, I saw that all the old predictions on the recruiting sites were to Bama, the ones from the last week have him going to UGA. So we'll see.

mre - Has the Chris Ash era at Rutgers impressed you so far? I know you've been paying a ton of attention to the rise of the next big CFB juggernaut.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
But at least UGA would make sense, from a future potential basis. A Will Muschamp WR on a depleted team? Hmmm...

I feel bad for our SCAR brothers here. Dark times lay ahead.

Chris Ash is positively volcanic.

But at least UGA would make sense, from a future potential basis. A Will Muschamp WR on a depleted team? Hmmm...

I also value your positive opinion as well Lonestar. I am glad that the Chris Ash era is striking fear into your heart as well.

andycapps

Also, his WR coach will be James Coley, who previously was OC at Miami. So he's getting a coach that was a recruiter and coach near where he came from. Seems like a better fit to me, but there's no telling with 17-18 year old kids what they'll do.

Rooooooolllll Tiiiiiiiiiiiiide

CYIZ9yhWcAAjAj6.png

Lonestar

No, the championship level Ohio Dtate defensive coordinator who gave you nightmares in 2015.

He had impressive Jedi Mind powers that night, making Bama's Running Back QB throw a horrendously bad pick six and making Alabama forget that Derrick Henry was on the roster.

Lonestar

ugh, almost posted a post on the NFL topic "defending" that 2010 Auburn team as not being "complete crap beyond Cam" and that people were doubting his ability going into the draft.

Thankfully I deleted that. Fuck Cam Newton.

mre

ugh, almost posted a post on the NFL topic "defending" that 2010 Auburn team as not being "complete crap beyond Cam" and that people were doubting his ability going into the draft.

Thankfully I deleted that. Fuck Cam Newton.
Astheysatitsanongoinginvestigation.gif

andycapps

Clempson got an exemption from the NCAA that temporarily removes the 20 hour a week limit while classes are ongoing. NCAA just making up shit as they go along.

mre

Clempson got an exemption from the NCAA that temporarily removes the 20 hour a week limit while classes are ongoing. NCAA just making up shit as they go along.
Doesn't this only affect them today? If they're like Bama, they're leaving tomorrow anyway.

mre

Speaking of that, I noticed that cashman commented on PhoenixDark getting permed while the pedophile he was ripping on wasn't. Anyone know what that was about?

andycapps

Speaking of that, I noticed that cashman commented on PhoenixDark getting permed while the pedophile he was ripping on wasn't. Anyone know what that was about?

That was the comment that I was thinking the ban must have been for.. Backseat modding type thing.

mre

There was a Gamergate meme (started by the Ralph Report guy IIRC) about Opiate being a pedophile (or the more general "GAF MODS ARE PEDOS" since they didn't really keep track of who was who), because of a thread where he argued in typical robotic Opiate fashion that people are illogical about pedophiles and that it's possible pedophiles deserve sympathy. Anyone who's ever tried to argue with him about declawing cats or whatever knows that's just Opiate being Opiate, but so it goes. The meme seems to have picked up steam again after he did his robot routine in a similar thread late last year.
I thought Opiate was banned (in addition to being demodded) for a while because the way he argues, but what the hell do I know.

GAF needs a fucking appendix or something to keep track of things like this.

Thanks for the explanation. Now, about Gondo...

andycapps

Now about the real thread in OT. Aren't those allowed up to 7 days prior to the event same as movies?

Edit: How did I get first post on last two pages?

Lonestar

Yeah, the one day before thing is meant for Gaming side--though I feel like the further ahead this one is made, the more likely we'll get sidetracked with extracurriculars. Anyone feel like stepping up to make the thread? I won't try to make Purple Cheeto do it if he doesn't want to. :p

I could try it, though my topic's have a tendency to be D.O.A.

mre

The University of Alabama's Georgia campus has announced that it has hired current Alabama defensive back coach, Mel Tucker, to be its defensive coordinator.

Edit: also, Dabo's brother arrested in Panama City, continuing PC's streak of of 106 straight years without anything good ever happening in it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The University of Alabama's Georgia campus has announced that it has hired current Alabama defensive back coach, Mel Tucker, to be its defensive coordinator.

Well isn't that a load of suck. Hope Saban nets a good replacement, Tucker worked wonders this year.

andycapps

Edit: also, Dabo's brother arrested in Panama City, continuing PC's streak of of 106 straight years without anything good ever happening in it.

Ha, was going to mention the Tucker hiring. Good fit since he coaches the secondary and we lost Pruitt.

Well isn't that a load of suck. Hope Saban nets a good replacement, Tucker worked wonders this year.

What Deacon said. This has likely been known since Pruitt was hired, though I'm surprised it leaked before the game, though UGA beat writers had been hinting at it for weeks.

Alabama already did. Pruitt
Yep. He's a great secondary coach. His weekness was against the run but I don't think that'll be as much of a problem at Bama with their existing personnel and Saban's involvement in recruiting philosophy.

Lonestar

Tucker doesn't want to do recruiting.

I do think he helped, as it's hard to deny a shift back to being a top 5-10 passing defense after spending 2 years in average town. But I really place the lions share of the credit to Bo Davis and the improvements on the D-Line pass rushing. Talking about 2-3 times more sacks and pressures from the front 3/4 than the previous 3-4 years, and everyone knows a secondary's best friend is pressuring the quarterback.

To me, the ongoing, most important coach to keep beyond Saban, is Bo Davis.

I don't think Alabama, under Saban, has had a player with double digit sacks in a year, and this year they have 2 (Allen and Williams)

Damn, Alternate Reality Dabo went down a decidedly wrong path.

AR-160109580.jpg&MaxW=500&MaxH=500

Lonestar

Actually, it's on the Alabama side. Clemson tickets going for about twice as much as Alabama tickets. Bama fans are too busy buying tape in order to incorrectly use "your" on the back of their trucks.

You won't find any of Saban's blood relatives pulling shenanigans in the week before a championship game.

Because he's had them all sacrificed in the name of football dominance.

andycapps

Tucker doesn't want to do recruiting.

I do think he helped, as it's hard to deny a shift back to being a top 5-10 passing defense after spending 2 years in average town. But I really place the lions share of the credit to Bo Davis and the improvements on the D-Line pass rushing. Talking about 2-3 times more sacks and pressures from the front 3/4 than the previous 3-4 years, and everyone knows a secondary's best friend is pressuring the quarterback.

To me, the ongoing, most important coach to keep beyond Saban, is Bo Davis.

I don't think Alabama, under Saban, has had a player with double digit sacks in a year, and this year they have 2 (Allen and Williams)

Damn, Alternate Reality Dabo went down a decidedly wrong path.

AR-160109580.jpg&MaxW=500&MaxH=500
Wouldn't a DC have to do recruiting? I agree that the Bama front makes their secondary look really good.

mre

Actually, it's on the Alabama side. Clemson tickets going for about twice as much as Alabama tickets.
Doesn't surprise me. I think we've probably been outspent on tickets in 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015 just because it's not a "new experience" at this point.

mre

@BruceFeldmanCFB: #UCLA OC Noel Mazzone is flying back from #TAMU. Did not sign any deal with the Aggies, source tells @FOXSports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom