• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Bowl and Playoff Thread - Where American Mediocrity is rewarded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh.

Not sure why Oregon didn't keep running the ball. TCU never stopped them when they did.

Good for TCU. Dumpster fire year.

Should have gone for 2 in the first OT. Oregon is the team known for going for 2 even in the first half of games. This was the best time to go for 2, and they decide not to.

Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 55s56 seconds ago
Chris B. Brown Retweeted shaun king
TCU tied record for biggest bowl comeback (TxTech over Minnesota). Minn fired Glen Mason and hired Tim Brewster...

HOLIDAY APPRECIATOR ‏@edsbs 11s12 seconds ago
Wazzu and Oregon finished with the same record this year, just as Satan intended

Chip Kelly to Oregon!

Kevtones

Should have gone for 2 in the first OT. Oregon is the team known for going for 2 even in the first half of games. This was the best time to go for 2, and they decide not to.

Yeah. The team looked completely gassed. Playing to win is the way to do it.

Oregon didn't even do their cutesy swinging gate thing.

Tamanon

Banned
He's good. Tough as fuck too.

I just don't get how they DIDN'T have a 2nd center qualified to play?

It's kinda crazy how a big team with nearly unlimited resources would have such poorly prepared backups. That's one of the advantages of being a well-regarded program.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
This fan who's screaming in the background is annoying as fuck.
That asshole was almost my breaking point in watching the game. I bet Oregon yanks the back-up center's scholarship and leaves him at the airport.

On an unrelated note from the Cactus Bowl, who is the genius who strung this cable up across the field on the side with cameras? It's really distracting.

That asshole was almost my breaking point in watching the game. I bet Oregon yanks the back-up center's scholarship and leaves him at the airport.

On an unrelated note from the Cactus Bowl, who is the genius who strung this cable up across the field on the side with cameras? It's really distracting.

Using Chase Field since Sun Devil Stadium is undergoing "upgrades".

For a huge comeback like that? Totes legit.

Wanted to make sure if it was okay still is all because one guy doesn't like it done and that means no one else can do it and especially not the national championship game.

And it is good.. But I have to go to bed though.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Just turned it back on. So their communication is out? And they basically said fuck it and blew the call so they wouldn't have to work out getting the information to the refs on the field?

Hellfrich will be fired next season. He can't recruit. He can develop players. They just promoted their wide receivers coach, when they have one of the worst WR corps in the country.

Gary Patterson used Kohlhausen's recently deceased father to motivate him psychologically in the second half. idk how I feel about that. Obviously it worked but still...

Kevtones

Hellfrich will be fired next season. He can't recruit. He can develop players. They just promoted their wide receivers coach, when they have one of the worst WR corps in the country.

Lol what?

1) Oregon has the 10th rated class next year
2) Not sure he CAN develop players.
3) Oregon has one of the best WR cores in the country. Vernon Adams was the most efficient QB in the country this year. Even with the injuries (Marshall, Allen, Brown, Stafford) they're deep as all get out.

Gary Patterson used Kohlhausen's recently deceased father to motivate him psychologically in the second half. idk how I feel about that. Obviously it worked but still...

Yeah I heard that speech and started cringing a bit. I mean that was beyond awkward and messed up when you really think about it.

Kevtones

What's impressive is that Oregon did the same thing in the season finale against OSU and they had Vernon Adams in.

Plain and simple the team failed to finish frequently this year. FRE-QUENT-LY.

BRING BACK CHIP
BRING BACK CHIP
BRING BACK CHIP
BRING BACK CHIP
BRING BACK CHIP

JesseZao

Maybe Bram responded well to it, but it came across as in poor taste when the coach was trying to articulate it to the field reporter. Probably would've been better to keep that private unless Bram wanted to mention it in the press later.

Yeah, I didn't get to see or read that speech, but it doesn't surprise me. Gary Patterson is pretty much the Ted Cruz of football coaches what a disgusting, slimy, deceitful, and despicable man he is.

Hmmm.. Like another person said.. Maybe Gary knew he'd respond well to it.

Strange shit gets said in the locker room I bet. It worked though as we can see.

Someone on Twitter said Gary Patterson won 10 games with duck tape, string and scraps. It is impressive.

ryseing

Matt Canada fired ... Had to be something behind the scenes.

THANK YOU GOD AND JESUS

THE NIGHTMARE IS FINALLY OVER

NO MORE RUNS ON 3RD AND LONG

Maybe JaySam will finally get the gotdamn ball more than three times a game.

Huxtable next please.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Damn, I had woken up Saturday absurdly early, and fell asleep around halftime of that TCU game. I last remember 31-0. Missed a hell of an ending.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Maybe Bram responded well to it, but it came across as in poor taste when the coach was trying to articulate it to the field reporter. Probably would've been better to keep that private unless Bram wanted to mention it in the press later.
Yeah, my wife and I both cringed when he said that.

Lonestar

put the game on (espn3), and went to the end of regulation. TCU down 3, went with the deep kickoff and it worked brilliantly.

Oregon looks slow and idiotic.

Good grief, 3rd and 9, doesn't look to his right at all, and just chooses to throw it out of bounds.

Lonestar

CXvfw9OW8AAr9bN

:jnc
Ark finished 8-5 and LSU is really 10-3 with a cancelled FCS game.
SECW won all their bowls, except for Sumlin's Dumpster Firesale (all5*QBsmustgo).
Played the top 3 SECE teams, skipped the bottom 4.
FCS team played in the FCS playoffs, lost to a Playoff Final game team.
Fuck You Ole Piss, but 10-3 > 7-6 VT. Suck it Permadeath.
Auburn had to play in Legion Field.

Lonestar

Everyone's getting out of OSUn while they can.
Joey Bosa
Ezekiel Elliot
Cardale Jones
Darron Lee
Tyvis Powell

Will probably have others.

andycapps

CXvfw9OW8AAr9bN

Ark finished 8-5 and LSU is really 10-3 with a cancelled FCS game.
SECW won all their bowls, except for Sumlin's Dumpster Firesale (all5*QBsmustgo).
Played the top 3 SECE teams, skipped the bottom 4.
FCS team played in the FCS playoffs, lost to a Playoff Final game team.
Fuck You Ole Piss, but 10-3 > 7-6 VT. Suck it Permadeath.
Auburn had to play in Legion Field.
Auburn bringing down your strength of schedule. /s

Lonestar

Clemson's current schedule reads out as 110-80, a .570 record, compared to Alabama's .685.

Lonestar

But we beat 4 top 10 teams!
At the time.

Think we did something like that
at the time as well. #lulz A&M, Georgia and LSU

Actually, Clemson didn't beat 4 top 10 teams, by my count. FSU was 16th. Wait, they were top 10 in the finals? Who was dumb enough to put them...oh, hi College Football Playoff committee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom