• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
cory. said:
Edgar Wright and Joel McHale
This is definitely proof that he's going to direct an episode.

ydIK9.jpg
Yes! I expressed hopes he would do it in the last thread, since his humor would fit perfectly. If it is true, I hope it's a really awesome episode.:)

Btw, EW is really awesome. I went to a triple feature for his movies, and the Q&A he did was fantastic. He's a really funny and honest guy.

big ander

gabbo said:
I'll be honest, I'm shocked it's not the cleavage.
We've gotten to the point where I can't tell if you're being sarcastic too or if you're missing my sarcasm.
Medalion said:
Checking spoilers makes it not fair lol
Wait...so you're semi-spoiling stuff? Just out in the open? I mean I know you said not everything is fully correct but still, come on.

Acid08

Banned
Glad the show has rebounded after a stretch of really fucking unenjoyable episodes. Looking forward to 30 Rock soon though ;)

Shaneus

ezekial45 said:
Yes! I expressed hopes he would do it in the last thread, since his humor would fit perfectly. If it is true, I hope it's a really awesome episode.:)

Btw, EW is really awesome. I went to a triple feature for his movies, and the Q&A he did was fantastic. He's a really funny and honest guy.
Oh SHIT. Amazing.

Jasoco said:
Here's another one of my patented hand-typed scene transcriptions.

Britta: Jeff! One of our friends is.. deeply disturbed!

[Thunder and flickering lights]

Dean: Trick or Dean! Don't forget to come by our Halloween Scare-tacular Dance starting in the cafeteria at 9:30. Also, I had the lights rigged to flicker because it's Halloweeeen!
Jeff: It's been happening for a week.
Dean: Halloweeeen week!
Jeff: So the lights will work on November 1st?
Dean: Alllll Saints Daay Month...
Jeff: I'm sorry, you were about to get ridiculous?

Haha I lol'd when I saw that, perfect :p

Medalion

Banned
Special episode because it focused on the Dean heavily... Always wondered how they would handle a Dean ep... Glad it wasn't all homosexual sexually deviant jokes... It made him a more emotionally vunerable character... But there was the one man in a diaper gag

Kudos

Shaneus

Holy shit, that was an amazing episode. Seriously, fucking nailed it.

BTW What's with the guest stars on TV this week? Two big ones on The League and another two on Community. Odd.

Man, what a brilliant episode. I'm definitely going to have to watch it again just to catch all the stuff I missed while I was laughing my ass off. Seeing Jeff dressed as the Dean was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time, and his impersonation of him was even better.

Good lord I'm going to miss this show while it's away.

MNC

Decent episode, brilliant performance by Jim Rash. Is it bad that my attention got so diverted by Britta's low cut shirt? Britta, you dawg.

What were the ratings for this ep, anyway?

Tofa7

Banned
I may be missing something or perhaps reading into things too much, but did anyone understand how the Dean managed to convince the study group to do the commercial?

He said something like:

"The school asks very little of it's students, it mainly gives. I feel like you guys might know what I'm talking about..."

I don't get why they were forced to say yes.

Tofa7 said:
I may be missing something or perhaps reading into things too much, but did anyone understand how the Dean managed to convince the study group to do the commercial?

He said something like:

"The school asks very little of it's students, it mainly gives. I feel like you guys might know what I'm talking about..."

I don't get why they were forced to say yes.

Grades.

Mashing

Was the Dean covered ash with a crazed look in his eye supposed to be a reference to Apocalypse Now? It seems he went all crazy like Brando's character in the movie (also the two references to that movie lead me to believe this as well)? There was something in that scene that reminded me of that movie for some reason, the lighting perhaps?

gabbo

big ander said:
We've gotten to the point where I can't tell if you're being sarcastic too or if you're missing my sarcasm.
Wait...so you're semi-spoiling stuff? Just out in the open? I mean I know you said not everything is fully correct but still, come on.
I missed your sarcasm.
Luiz Guzman with that .1 ratings lift. My man!

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Mashing said:
Was the Dean covered ash with a crazed look in his eye supposed to be a reference to Apocalypse Now? It seems he went all crazy like Brando's character in the movie (also the two references to that movie lead me to believe this as well)? There was something in that scene that reminded me of that movie for some reason, the lighting perhaps?

Yes, yes, & yes.

snesfreak said:

I really need to figure out how to edit gifs.

I think this one needs to be shorted just a bit to where Jeff starts "Just BECAUSE"

And then Have that text show up at the bottom. So many uses for that in a forum.

Medalion

Banned
I don't mean to be a buzzkill since I just found out about this

but 1.6 is pathetic... here the Community fans were on a mission to save their show with huge campaigns on twitter/facebook/nbc and the most we managed to raise is our usual average rating stretch between 1.5 and 1.7...

I think the biggest problem is, it is very apparent there are just not enough of us to make a difference, and we were basically just preaching to the choir, when we should've been making attempts to be recognised outside our own fans cuz that's always been the problem... we are a dedicated fanbase but almost too small to matter.

I was reading an article on one of those ratings websites, mocking Community fan's attempts as useless and meaningless in light of these ratings now. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...or-fans-syndication-economics-are-not/111172/

I was so angry but realized that if this was the best we could do, then they are essentially right...

On the one hand, we should just basically be happy that NBC didn't outright cancel us abruptly and give us a chance to continue the rest of season at a later date instead of insulting NBC like a lot of fans have been doing so far in retaliation which is hurting our show more than helping it.

I dunno, this is pretty dissapointing news.

/buzzkill

snesfreak

Banned
Nappuccino said:
I really need to figure out how to edit gifs.

I think this one needs to be shorted just a bit to where Jeff starts "Just BECAUSE"

And then Have that text show up at the bottom. So many uses for that in a forum.
deanwinger-justbecause.gif

Made it pretty quickly, could do better but my laptop acts like it's editing 4k video when I do anything in PS.
Green Scar said:
There's a time and a place. ;)
I run the place, so when's the time?

snesfreak said:
deanwinger-justbecause.gif

Made it pretty quickly, could do better but my laptop acts like it's editing 4k video when I do anything in PS.

I run the place, so when's the time?

My God, that's amazing!

You're the best Snes. The best.

Rinoa

Medalion said:
I don't mean to be a buzzkill since I just found out about this

but 1.6 is pathetic... here the Community fans were on a mission to save their show with huge campaigns on twitter/facebook/nbc and the most we managed to raise is our usual average rating stretch between 1.5 and 1.7...

I think the biggest problem is, it is very apparent there are just not enough of us to make a difference, and we were basically just preaching to the choir, when we should've been making attempts to be recognised outside our own fans cuz that's always been the problem... we are a dedicated fanbase but almost too small to matter.

I was reading an article on one of those ratings websites, mocking Community fan's attempts as useless and meaningless in light of these ratings now. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...or-fans-syndication-economics-are-not/111172/

I was so angry but realized that if this was the best we could do, then they are essentially right...

On the one hand, we should just basically be happy that NBC didn't outright cancel us abruptly and give us a chance to continue the rest of season at a later date instead of insulting NBC like a lot of fans have been doing so far in retaliation which is hurting our show more than helping it.

The real problem (and what the article points out) is that viewership is being measured by an arcane system. It is not a fan's duty to grow the fanbase.

Clearly the show is very popular but until there's a magical way to see how many people - especially across the world - are really following the show, TV will be stuck in the dark ages.

Not that Community as a webseries would be much better. It'd inevitably be brought back to TV due to popularity then destroyed again due to lack of viewership lol.

Medalion said:
/buzzkill

Look at the rest of the raitings for that night.

The office fell, Whitney fell by 10%

Community Rose.

I think that says something. On a night were other NBC shows fell community rose. Next week they might get up to 1.8/9

And, NBC still nearly won the night (according to a poster above)

It was a low night for everyone.

Slizz

Nappuccino said:
Look at the rest of the raitings for that night.

The office feel, Whitney fell by 10%

Community Rose.

I think that says something. On a night were other NBC shows fell community rose. Next week they might get up to 1.8/9

The ratings fell because blessed Tebow was playing a football game and winning by divine intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom