• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Roman Reigns spear is awesome, but damn, Rob Lynch of the London Riots has a pretty brutal one too;

ibltoI3p7gVPaF.gif

DMczaf

I don't see brutal, I see overselling. He never followed through with the Spear.

I give that 2 out of 10 Roman Reigns.

Look at the hang time the little dude got - also notice Rob turning his body so he doesn't spike his head on the mat. That's something Roman will have to learn one day, as well. 2/10? Pfft. I give you 1 Edge Running Hug out of 10.

Ithil

The mark of a good spear is when the guy doing the spear leaves his feet when doing it. None of these running hug nonsense.

While I'm posting Rob Lynch gifs, here's one of his awesome belly to belly;

ibgnSCwBzJcDWr.gif

And the Riots using Project Ego as projectiles;

i9FSoSCd04mkC.gif

Massive cunts they may be, but The London Riots are a pretty great tag team.

Why are Japanese dudes so good at being amazing dick heads in the ring?

I really don't know, but I'd love to see more of that in western wrestling - WWE really lacks any veteran threats. That's why they need Angle back. Not as a regular, just as the kick ass professional wrestler who shows up occasionally to put some young punk in their place.

Comparatively, in Japan there's a huge list of veteran dudes who, when some younger wrestler tries to hit a stiff forearm or something, the crowd has that awesome "oh, shit just got real..." reaction. The only time that's going to happen in WWE is when someone tries to go toe to toe with Bork.

The hallmark of a well executed spear is elevating the legs above the plane of the body. Reigns does this well. The rest is up to the person receiving to sell it.

Reigns' spear is great because he really does LOOK like a spear - straight, stiff, good air time without looking somewhat fake like the one above, etc. It really looks like it'd take the wind out of you, even if you didn't try to sell it.

Reigns spear is the best, I still love that one he hit on Sheamus at Elimination Chamber.

And on a note of Reigns, I think Shield matches are going to occupy a lot of my MOTY list, so much goodness the past two months alone.

Yaay I'm not in the shame hall. VICTORY

You know what would be awesome instead of doing a scavenger hunt all over Philly, starting at the Art Museum?

Go in the art museum instead. Day made.

Davey is right. IPPVs aren't for him to worry about, nor the booking. I get the feeling his mouth gets him in trouble too much though.

Yeah, The Shield have absolutely DOMINATED WWE in terms of quality wrestling. I think they were as big a part of Bryan getting so mega over as Bryan himself, as they really let him shine.

Please tell me there's SOMETHING good in Bryan's near future. :( It would be such a waste for them to NEVER capitalize in any substantive way on the mega popularity that he STILL has, even after all this bullshit.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, The Shield have absolutely DOMINATED WWE in terms of quality wrestling. I think they were as big a part of Bryan getting so mega over as Bryan himself, as they really let him shine.

Please tell me there's SOMETHING good in Bryan's near future. :( It would be such a waste for them to NEVER capitalize in any substantive way on the mega popularity that he STILL has, even after all this bullshit.

I would agree with this. Bryan going HAM on Shield right after WM was awesome. Especially since he was the first guy to do that and he knocked the shit out of all 3 of them.

somedevil

Well his TLC match is this:

Bray
vs Bryan.

Also, Bryan seems to the only wrestler who gets more popular the more the company tries to screw him over.

Nobody knows anyone future right now because creative is in disarray right now.

In WWE network news the clasic on demand service is shutting down January 31st. I know they want to launch it Febuary but at any rate it looks like it will be a real thing

The question is with their product in a rut how to they concor people o buy it

In WWE network news the clasic on demand service is shutting down January 31st. I know they want to launch it Febuary but at any rate it looks like it will be a real thing

The question is with their product in a rut how to they concor people o buy it

Saw this today too, and is it true that they are planning on showing every PPV besides Wrestlemania on this channel for free?

somedevil

Saw this today too, and is it true that they are planning on showing every PPV besides Wrestlemania on this channel for free?

Nobody knows right now. Ideas thrown out are if you sign up for the channel you get WrestleMania for free. Also, if you get the channel you get the B pay per views for free but have to pay for the big 3 and survivor series.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 12/16/99

The penultimate Thunder and go home show for Starrcade.

Sid and Benoit come to the ring. Lol, Benoit again mentions the WWF's Greatest Matches tape. He doesn't need to get it, because he's been a fan his whole life and had already seen the match. They originally called out The Outsiders. Instead, Russo's goons came out and said Sid and Benoit would face each other tonight. Also, Bret/Goldberg vs The Outsiders in a House of Pain title return match. In addition, Duggan/Midnight vs The Revolution, David Flair vs Norman for the title, DDP vs Kanyon, and Vamp vs Buff. Thunder is special again, guys!

TO THE BACK
. Sting attacks DDP. DDP then looks for Sting.

Vampiro vs Buff Bagwell

Juvi and Oklahoma join for color. Scott Hudson is the official new color man. Aaron Neville is in the crowd. THUNDER IS SPECIAL AGAIN, GUYS! Vamp went after OK. Dr. Death came out and was attacked by the Misfits. OK hit Vamp in the taint with his BBQ bottle. Buff wins with the Blockbuster. Doc did a tiger bomb on the floor. OK poured BBQ sauce all over Vamp.

iba49lO8gFvDT2.gif

TO THE BACK. Evan heads to the ring with Spice. Elsewhere, DDP is still looking for Sting. Elsewhere elsewhere, Gene talks with Prince and Paisley. Prince now won't speak.

Evan Karagias vs TAFKAPI

Juvi says this is the jabroni match of the week. He's not wrong. Madusa came out to fight with Spice. She also got into a fight with Paisley. 3 way cat fight! In the middle of this, Evan was rolled up. Madusa slapped him after the match. Just like last month, a champion loses to someone he's not even feuding with on the go home show of a PPV.

TO THE BACK. Sting and DDP brawl. Another Sting was there, who had his wigged ripped of to reveal Lex Luger. DDP chased Luger away.

The Revolution vs Jim Duggan/Midnight

Shane didn't even get to talk. More man vs woman shit that Russo gets such a boner for. Harlem Heat came out to ringside. Midnight got sent to the floor. Stevie threw her back in and argued with Booker. Duggan dodged Saturn, who knocked Asya out of the ring. Shane came in and accidentally hit Saturn. Then Dean came in with the 2x4, Duggan took it, hit Saturn, and won. Christ. It's like 5 finishes in a row. Duggan then got a beat down after the match. He was wearing Apollo Creed shorts under his work suit. Aaron Neville made the save. What?

TO THE BACK. Gene tried to talk to David. Elsewhere, Bret prepares for his match. Elsewhere elsewhere, Sting is now looking for Lex.

Norman Smiley vs David Flair WCW Hardcore Championship

David rolls around on trash cans. Big Wiggle! David did the running man behind him and ended the dance with a trash can shot. Meng came out. Norman ran away and threw David's teddy bear at Meng. Meng ate it. I guess count out was the official result.

ig79s2UKyKHta.gif

TO THE BACK.
Sting still looks for Lex. Elsewhere, Norman runs away.

Sting comes to the ring. Juvi tries to sing the riff to Seek and Destroy. Sting calls Lex out. Lex tried to sneak in, still dressed as Sting. They have a little match. Liz came out. Sting put Lex in the Torture Rack. As he turned, Lex's feet hit Liz. Lex then beat on Sting with a bat.

TO THE BACK. Sting is checked on by EMTs and wants Lex. Elsewhere, Lex leaves in his car.

Dr. Death vs The Wall

No more Steve Williams. Just Dr. Death. I thought Wall and Berlyn had split up, but apparently not. OK is back out and Chavo is selling shit to fans. Berlyn caused a DQ. Wall didn't like it. He punches Berlyn. Doc then knocked Wall out of the ring.

TO THE BACK. Dustin Rhodes is looking for someone.

Nitro recap.

EARLIER TODAY. Buzzkill had fans sign a petition for anti-nuclear proliferation.

TO THE BACK.
Goldberg tapes up.

Curt Hennig vs Dustin Rhodes

Dustin is mad that Jeff called his daddy a fat ass. Well, Dusty is and has always been a fat ass. Virgil got the Shattered Dreams. During the match, Seven flies to the ring. It was Jeff Jarrett. He hit Dustin with a guitar.

io4ohXJ5XnMtF.gif

TO THE BACK.
Gene talks to Seven Jarrett. More hornyacker talk. What does that word even mean and why does Russo like it so much? Elsewhere, a white limo arrives. It'd Piper and his young boy. BUT WHO WAS LIMO?! And why did Piper need a young boy to do all of his chores for him? That always seemed really creepy to me. Do you think the young boy had to play with Piper's bag pipe?

Chris Benoit/Sid vs Creative Control/Shane/Curt Hennig/La Parka

Virgil got powerbombed. Parka got chokeslammed. Another DQ as one of the Harris Bros hit Benoit with a ladder. The beat down continued after the match.

TO THE BACK.
Gene talks to Piper. At least Piper is actually talking to another person this time.

Chris "Champag Ne" Kanyon vs DDP

CCK vs DDP. WHAT IF CCK was short for cock? J. Biggs runs Hudson off and joins on color. DDP does all of his spots. Kanyon Cutter! BANG! David Flair came out and hit DDP with a crowbar. Kanyon wins! Bam Bam came out to argue. Kanyon hit him with a bottle of champag Ne.

TO THE BACK. Piper attacks Creative Control. Elsewhere, Bret heads to the ring. I heard the director yell, "cut". Elsewhere, Nash heads into his locker room to get Hall. After a break, Gene is outside of The Outsider's locker room. Scott Hall has been attacked.

Goldberg/Bret Hart vs The Outsiders WCW Tag Team Championships House of Pain Match Special Guest Referee: Roddy Piper

Creative Control and JJ attacked Piper before Goldberg came out. Once Bill makes it down, he sends the heels away and rips the cage door off. Piper attacks Nash with a pipe. Jeff Jarrett comes back and hits Piper with a guitar. He also hits Goldberg with one, who no sells it and spears him. Nash recovers and hits Goldberg with a pipe. Bret is cuffed to the cage. So is Goldberg. I guess that means titles retained. Piper is also cuffed. Nash and Jeff takes some parting shots and leave. Goldberg broke the cuffs, busting himself open in the process. JOIN US FOR STARRCADE, PLEASE. PLEASE. I MEAN IT. COULD YOU PLEASE BUY OUR PPV THIS MONTH?

ibxyoSHqJ7JyMA.gif

DQ Count: Idk. Like 30.

Announced card for Starrcade:

Bret Hart vs Goldberg WCW Championship No Disqualification
Chris Benoit vs Scott Hall WCW US Championship Ladder Match
Kevin Nash vs Sid Powerbomb Match
Sting vs The Total Package
Jeff Jarrett vs Dustin Rhodes Bunkhouse Brawl
DDP vs David Flair Crowbar on a Pole Match
Vampiro vs Dr. Death
The Revolution vs Jim Duggan/Mystery Partners
Norman Smiley vs Meng WCW Hardcore Championship
Madusa vs Evan Karagias WCW Cruiserweight Championship
The Mamalukes vs Disco Inferno/Lash LeRoux

There might be one more because they said there would be 12 matches.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Russo goes completely off the rails in December 1999. No consistency at all between various factions. It's not even Russo's normal oh there are no faces or heels nonsense, it's just plain bad continuity.

Kaladin

Announced card for Starrcade:

Bret Hart vs Goldberg WCW Championship No Disqualification
Chris Benoit vs Scott Hall WCW US Championship Ladder Match
Kevin Nash vs Sid Powerbomb Match
Sting vs The Total Package
Jeff Jarrett vs Dustin Rhodes Bunkhouse Brawl
DDP vs David Flair Crowbar on a Pole Match
Vampiro vs Dr. Death
The Revolution vs Jim Duggan/Mystery Partners
Norman Smiley vs Meng WCW Hardcore Championship
Madusa vs Evan Karagias WCW Cruiserweight Championship
The Mamalukes vs Disco Inferno/Lash LeRoux

There might be one more because they said there would be 12 matches.

That Starrcade sounds particularly brutal. I'm glad I had stopped watching wrestling about that time by force more by choice. I had started college in August of 99 and my dorm never had cable TV.

Kaladin

strobogo, you should make a thread in OT that is just the gifs of the spears from every match of Goldberg's streak that aired. Make sure to warn people about bandwidth.

strobogo

Banned
strobogo, you should make a thread in OT that is just the gifs of the spears from every match of Goldberg's streak that aired. Make sure to warn people about bandwidth.

I'm going to make a gif thread of my favorites from 1999, just like I did with 1998. There will be plenty of spears, plenty of Sting, plenty of La Parka, and plenty of Norman.

gurudyne

Remember when The Miz hosted Summerslam?

Wasn't that just a vehicle to get him into a feud with Fandango where they both ended uplasdajuskdfhgz;liuhzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Merry BOmas
[imghttp://24.media.tumblr.com/a06dd1bd0de0d8df3e8d4e2c6dc36b5b/tumblr_mr139iHIEM1qcluu2o1_1280.jpg[/img]

Ah, the first of many Bo Dallas Christmas pics for the thread. I guess you could call this one The First BOel.

Xater

Wasn't that just a vehicle to get him into a feud with Fandango where they both ended uplasdajuskdfhgz;liuhzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ah, the first of many Bo Dallas Christmas pics for the thread. I guess you could call this one The First BOel.

Man now that you mention Fandango I realize that I probably have not seen a single match of his. His entrance starts and I immediately check out.

Xater

That's a lot of unification matches WWE has been uploading. Maybe they are not chick ending out of this after all. They should also unify the intercontinental and US title.

All these unification matches WWE is uploading is making me want to believe that we won't get a screwy finish at TLC, but I think we all know what's coming lol

Rapstah

I'm pretty sure I didn't see Starrcade 99 until sometime around 2006.
iFzf95mM2w5sU.gif
Is this the spear where DDP claims Goldberg semi-knocked himself out with the spear pictured? His head hits the floor really hard. That match is incredible, it does amazingly well in telling the story of Goldberg powering through the arm injury he gets from spearing the ring corner. Mostly because Goldberg actually got an arm injury from that and DDP's counter into the Diamond Cutter plays into it perfectly.

Edit: WWE is uploading videos where the unification match ends in a no contest too. Let's not assume their social people get any clues about the storylines the company is running.

Top Bottom