• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
My list of WWE matches of the year probably looks something like this:

1. Punk/Lesnar
2. Bryan/Cena
3. Cesaro/Zayn
4. Zayn/Neville
5. Punk/Undertaker

I suppose this doesn't totally match up with my previous post, but this is how I feel about it. :)

I really liked the match that Bryan had against The Real Americans on Raw. Well the Swagger portion was over quick (as it should have been), but the match Bryan and Cesaro put on was amazing.

Alucard

Banned
Everyone seems to forget the Bryan vs Cesaro classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORvyQDIfueo

That would probably be my number six. Although it could crack the top five since I haven't watched the Punk/Taker match in full since WM, so maybe my opinion could change on how I felt about it. I just remember being wowed by the counters that Punk and Taker used, and how hot the crowd was, and what a HUGE disappointment the Rock and Cena were following it up.

I'm getting real Patrick Bateman vibes from Cena. Should be his heel gimmick.

Vincent should be the slimy manager for Ariane if they ever split the Funckadactyls.

Alucard

Banned
Everyone seems to forget the Bryan vs Cesaro classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORvyQDIfueo

edit: Also Bryan vs Orton on Raw when he made him tap clean was great as well.

Just re-watched Bryan/Cesaro. The final 3-4 minutes with all of the stiff strikes are definitely great, but the psychology and pacing of the match is a little awkward until then. There were a number of rest holds, and Bryan totally forgot about working over Cesaro's legs after doing that for the first few minutes of the match. Some of the spots were definitely impressive, but I just don't think the pacing is as good as the other five matches I mentioned. I can safely say Bryan/Cesaro is my number 6 WWE match of the year after watching it again. Lots of really great stuff, but it doesn't have the flow of some of the other matches mentioned.

Kaladin

Need a gif:

1458461_10151811341661443_322247400_n.jpg

jred2k

Just re-watched Bryan/Cesaro. The final 3-4 minutes with all of the stiff strikes are definitely great, but the psychology and pacing of the match is a little awkward until then. There were a number of rest holds, and Bryan totally forgot about working over Cesaro's legs after doing that for the first few minutes of the match. Some of the spots were definitely impressive, but I just don't think the pacing is as good as the other five matches I mentioned. I can safely say Bryan/Cesaro is my number 6 WWE match of the year after watching it again. Lots of really great stuff, but it doesn't have the flow of some of the other matches mentioned.

Well, to be fair, it was the second part of a gauntlet match with multiple commercial breaks in it. I really hope we eventually get to see the two of them have a match for a major title, but I doubt we'll get that.

gurudyne

Well, to be fair, it was the second part of a gauntlet match with multiple commercial breaks in it. I really hope we eventually get to see the two of them have a match for a major title, but I doubt we'll get that.

I can see Cesaro getting a briefcase one day for a small feud on a B-PPV at the very least.

Woooo, this WrassleGaf backlash in the OT is tasty!

Now let's see how self-proclaimed WrassleGaf hero, Sunflower, handles a little adversity and attempts to reclaim those hearts and minds

Are people counting Cesaro/Bryan as one match, instea of the entire gauntlet? Because I thought the Swagger and Ryback portions were also very good.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Don't forget he lost a move, lost his robe, and sang a song for JBL & Cole With Renee Show

Anth0ny

My list of WWE matches of the year probably looks something like this:

1. Punk/Lesnar
2. Bryan/Cena
3. Cesaro/Zayn
4. Zayn/Neville
5. Punk/Undertaker

I suppose this doesn't totally match up with my previous post, but this is how I feel about it. :)

Good list, though I think I'd have Cena/Punk from RAW (before Mania? Or was it before Elimination Chamber?) and Bryan/Cesaro somewhere in my top 5.

Jamie OD

so does anybody remember the context to this dude punting a baby doll in the stands?

SnitskyBabyPunt.gif

I missed the episode of Raw where that angle began so when I came back the next week I had no idea what was going on. "Who's this guy? He gave Lita a miscarriage? What the hell?"

Watching the wXw/CZW/BJW World Triangle League - Ricochet vs Drew Gulak should have been great, and it was, right up until Gulak positioned himself badly on a backwards-leaping reverse 'rana from Ricochet that silenced down the crowd as both men crashed awkwardly to the mat. Ricochet managed to get the crowd back into it with some of his beautifully executed, high-flying offence, and then this happened to the ring;

ibggv3x1ayrNQF.gif

They tried to salvage the match, but without the ropes Ricochet was obviously limited in what he could do. Next match was Drake Younger vs Big Van Walter, whole lot of fun, Walter's improved a ton over the years and it's easy to forget just how great of a big man he can be. Watching Robert Driessker vs Jonathan Gresham now.

strobogo

Banned
Why does Nikki think it's weird that a guy would be uncomfortable with a woman moving in and rearranging/decorating all of his stuff? Is there any dude that doesn't get a bit touchy when women come in and start redecorating YOUR house in they way THEY think it should be? Am I to believe that women wouldn't feel a bit weird if a guy decided to redecorate their houses with power tools and posters of girls in bikinis or something? I've never understood why women feel that it's just a given that they're going to redecorate the man's house to how they want it to look when it isn't their house.

bjork

Why does Nikki think it's weird that a guy would be uncomfortable with a woman moving in and rearranging/decorating all of his stuff? Is there any dude that doesn't get a bit touchy when women come in and start redecorating YOUR house in they way THEY think it should be? Am I to believe that women wouldn't feel a bit weird if a guy decided to redecorate their houses with power tools and posters of girls in bikinis or something? I've never understood why women feel that it's just a given that they're going to redecorate the man's house to how they want it to look when it isn't their house.

If you ever want to get naked, etc

strobogo

Banned
Any woman who withholds sex over decorating is a bad person. Or just generally acts like they are doing the man a favor by having sex with them. That's not equality at all. One person's squishy parts shouldn't be more important that the other's in a relationship that is supposed to be 50/50.

It's always really bothered me how sex is not only used for power and control, but often encouraged to be used that way.

Aiii

So not worth it
You're talking about Nikki Bella, about the most self-absorbed woman in a reality show full of self-absorbed women.

Also, please don't tell me there's ACTUALLY going to be a Eva Marie action figure?

Still missing: JoJo.

Ithil

NEW MONTH!

NEW AJ SHIRT!

Totally relevant because people were complaining about WWE shirts having prints on the back and this one doesnt.

But how will we know it's an official WWE® licensed AJ Lee™ product without an enormous WWE logo and gigantic catchphrase or name on the back?

jred2k

Vinny could totally be a stunt double for Dana White. McMahon should hire him and challenge him to an MMA fight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Woooo, this WrassleGaf backlash in the OT is tasty!

Now let's see how self-proclaimed WrassleGaf hero, Sunflower, handles a little adversity and attempts to reclaim those hearts and minds

If only there was some adversity to fight! Butthurt SteveWinwood cracks me up, he shows up in a bunch of threads to complain about wrasslin. I think it hits too close to home for him. And that other dude? Such a weirdo.

We're untouchable, we're bulletproof...because we're not the ones making these threads. It's a normal dude (from Fit-GAF no less) - all criticism is fair when I'm drumming up interest for the next NeoGAF iPPV but out of the blue, a grassroots effort like that? We're golden. Also, we're some mods' favorite community.

Aiii

So not worth it
If only there was some adversity to fight! Butthurt SteveWinwood cracks me up, he shows up in a bunch of threads to complain about wrasslin. I think it hits too close to home for him. And that other dude? Such a weirdo.

We're untouchable, we're bulletproof...because we're not the ones making these threads. It's a normal dude (from Fit-GAF no less) - all criticism is fair when I'm drumming up interest for the next NeoGAF iPPV but out of the blue, a grassroots effort like that? We're golden. Also, we're some mods' favorite community.

I do think we need a thread on the proper spelling of WrassleGAF, too many people using crappy variants.

bjork

WGF for short. Make a belt with avatars on the gaf logo on it. Instead of a spinner, it's one of those PC photo frames running gifs on a loop.

Top Bottom