• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

turnbuckle

Looking at some of the items people have posted that dropped in the game has me pretty excited for the future of Diablo III loot in general. It's nothing close to a "loot 2.0", but there are stats being rolled on items that I'm pretty certain surpass the cap on what they could roll in the PC version. Saw an Immortal King belt with like 85 Resist All and I'm certain the PC cap was 80. Haven't played that in awhile though so I could be mis-remembering. And the other stats on that belt would have made it worth billions of gold if it were on the PC, or at least that's what I would have expected it to go for last winter when I was playing the game and the AH way too often lol.

Returners

Mine came inside the case. It's just a slip with a code which reinforces my theory of this isn't a pre-order bonus, it's a first run bonus.

Did you preorder?

I have a preorder getting mailed in, but I thinking of buying at the store just so I can start today.

Anyone who didn't preorder and bought the retail edition got the helm inside the case?

Did you preorder?

I have a preorder getting mailed in, but I thinking of buying at the store just so I can start today.

Anyone who didn't preorder and bought the retail edition got the helm inside the case?

Yes I picked up at target without preorder they price matched toys r us, so got xbox 360 version for $45 and it says infernal helm on front cover (and has the card with code inside)

Berrah

Neo Member
So level 22 after some gaming, and can't say anything else then I am enjoying this monster slaying, even after 600+ hours on PC.

Started out on hard and it was ridiculous, it was actually hard (after all the nerfs that went down on PC), hope we can see a tough progression at inferno again.

smr00

Banned
Did you preorder?

Yes but i ended up picking it up a local store inside the mall since it was cheaper and it had the code inside. Swapped out my preorder for GTA.

Like i said i think it's a first run thing and not an actual pre-order since it's not on your receipt.

Dizzle24

Guys! I just picked up a copy for PS3 (LoL free online) but have never played a Diablo game prior. I have, however, played a bunch of clones (Torchlight, Dungeon Siege 3 etc, as I am a loot whore.

What can I expect gameplay-wise in comparison to these games? I've watched some YouTube's but I hope D3 is amazeballs compared to my previous experience with this genre.

Dahbomb

Inferno is a bit disappointing.

Elites/Champions only go up to 3 affixes and Nephalem Valor stacks also go up to 3 stacks.

But there are some other good stuff like you only need two of a kind of gem to get the next gem class. There's also a new type of monster affix called "Water". Don't know what it does exactly.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Look! More hidden footprints!

MrDaravon

Elites/Champions only go up to 3 affixes and Nephalem Valor stacks also go up to 3 stacks.

But there are some other good stuff like you only need two of a kind of gem to get the next gem class. There's also a new type of monster affix called "Water". Don't know what it does exactly.

We already knew about NV stacks only going up to 3 which is disappointing I guess, but it's all relative so that may or may not actually matter much. Only 3 affixes is a bit of a bummer though yeah.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dat third legendary (amulet) :lol

JCizzle

We already knew about NV stacks only going up to 3 which is disappointing I guess, but it's all relative so that may or may not actually matter much. Only 3 affixes is a bit of a bummer though yeah.

Why is stacking to 3 bad? I'd much rather only need to get 3 stacks before farming than 5.

Dahbomb

Yeah the NV stack isn't a big deal but the 3 affixes on monsters is pretty disappointing because it makes Inferno just a numerical upgrade over Hell, nothing interesting about that at all. Unless they got more affixes on higher MP levels, haven't checked yet.

Also there are a lot less yellows in Inferno now than on PC. They seem more "normal" in their drop when before they dropped like rain. Now if you kill an elite with max stacks they are guaranteed to drop a yellow item but it's not always a rare item (it can be a plan, a demonic essence and/or a rare item).

Number45

Why is stacking to 3 bad? I'd much rather only need to get 3 stacks before farming than 5.
Is the bonus the same at max stacks?

It's interesting how positive this thread has been so far.
There's time. But a large majority won't necessarily have the same expectations as the PC audience.

Yeah the NV stack isn't a big deal but the 3 affixes on monsters is pretty disappointing because it makes Inferno just a numerical upgrade over Hell, nothing interesting about that at all. Unless they got more affixes on higher MP levels, haven't checked yet.
Maybe they've saved some combinations for Inferno only? Some of the Inferno affixes were just NOPE levels of ridiculous.

Dahbomb

Maybe they've saved some combinations for Inferno only? Some of the Inferno affixes were just NOPE levels of ridiculous.
I doubt it because even on the PC version now they have toned down some of the "nope" affixes like Reflect Damage and Shielding. There are no longer Invulnerable minions in D3, neither on console nor PC. Seems like Hell and Inferno both spawn the same types of affixes.

MrDaravon

Well on PC stacking to 5 means you're getting 2 more stacks of bonuses. Like I said it's relative to what the bonuses are as well as the loot drops in place on console, so it may not matter there. But on paper less xp/gf/mf bonus isn't a positive thing.

In the PC version you only need 2 gems until you start making flawless squares I believe.

Elites only having 3 affixes in inferno seems weaksauce and boring. :/

Yoshichan

Riggs! Tried joining your game, getting "failed" still ._. I can't talk on Skype atm, girl is sleeping but tomorrow?!

Edit: DUDE! You just crashed my game! I tried again and it didn't go past the "joining..."-screen :lol had to reboot the system! FUCKER!!!! Haha

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I have a $45 TRU copy on the way, but it's not arriving for another few days... Do you guys think I can go buy a full price copy from Gamestop to play today and then when the TRU copy arrives return that to GS for a full refund?

Yoshichan

Ok, everytime I try to join Riggs game, I have to reboot... FUCK THIS JVDKSNÖQLSNKD

So i am going to BB using the TRU discount but i want the 360 version....you think they will give it to me?

toyr us has $45 price easily visible from their website both versions, just look up the game its selling $45 right now

target was price match for me, picked up the 360 version with infernal helm on cover and code card inside

Dahbomb

Just tuned in, guy already has an EF and he got a legendary amulet drop from the boss, that's hilarious.

Now he's going back in to fight the last boss again, but this time on Master V difficulty, dis gonna be good
Yeah he got two shotted as expected. Then he rage quit.

MrDaravon

Okay, he beat the last boss on MP0/easy Inferno, he just tried the last boss on MP10/Master V and he got 2-shotted, so that's at least a bit promising for difficulty.

Just bought this for 360. Haven't played the PC version in a while but this thread hyped me up and I had to do it. gamertag: natural vv high

Top Bottom