• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

MrDaravon

I didn't realize they kept all the in-game challenges, are all of the ones on PC in the console version? I still don't even have a lot of the PC achievements...

Monks can't die. They can't hardly dps either but they just can't die.

Uhhh that's not really true at all, unless you're doing it wrong. They don't out dps Barbs, but nothing out dps Barbs.

Riggs

Banned
Has anyone grouped up on PS3????

Damn Yosh, fuck those crashes son.

You need a bigger place so when your old lady is asleep, we can still talk. Looks like I ll have to buy you a house.

smr00

Banned
Has anyone grouped up on PS3????

Damn Yosh, fuck those crashes son.

You need a bigger place so when your old lady is asleep, we can still talk. Looks like I ll have to buy you a house.
You can group with me if you buy me a house.

Uhhh that's not really true at all, unless you're doing it wrong. They don't out dps Barbs, but nothing out dps Barbs.

They did out dps barb in the top world dps ranking.

They died like there was no tomorrow before they nerfed inferno.

I don't know, I'm a day one monk on PC and I couldn't dps so I made myself a stuff and a build to heal and support and tank inferno before the original nerf. Now I rock Inferno MP10 with this demon motherfucker

MrDaravon

Yeahhh, console mob density on Inferno with MV on is not even that close to mob density on Inferno MP on PC. A bit disappointing. People saying it's fine very clearly haven't played the PC version, literally would be twice or more as many enemies on screen.

Dahbomb

Seems like the difficulty spikes up a lot in the Masters.

At Master 1 he can do Inferno at a reasonable pace. At Master IV he got 3 shotted by a bunch of really low life white mobs.

Dahbomb

He's basically just a fresh Inferno character only P3 and he's doing Master I fairly easily. If he played better he could do Master II.

I think people are going to be geared for Master V very easily on consoles and then it's just a matter of getting to P100. Game doesn't appear to have long shelf life but it looks more fun though.

Drame

Act 2 done! Got 2 legendarys this time and crafted really good loot.

I have had open game whole playthrough and only couple players have joined. Oh well, off to act 3.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dat fourth legendary :3 (one-handed weapon)

He's basically just a fresh Inferno character only P3 and he's doing Master I fairly easily. If he played better he could do Master II.

I think people are going to be geared for Master V very easily on consoles and then it's just a matter of getting to P100. Game doesn't appear to have long shelf life but it looks more fun though.

Yes, but the expansion will hit consoles relatively much earlier than PC. If it gets ported that it is, but I think it will.

Jrmint

I've seen a couple of you say you got Target to price match TRU. How exactly did you do that? Print out the TRU ad or what?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dat fifth legendary, 5 minutes after I got my previous one :lol. Wrists this time!

I've seen a couple of you say you got Target to price match TRU. How exactly did you do that? Print out the TRU ad or what?

target - went to electronics section, asked if they price matched he said yes took me to the customer service desk with the game, he used an ipad to look up the site and verify the online price

360 bought for $45

Wait what?

Counting days from the release of the main game. PC Diablo 3 was released much earlier, thus the time from release to expansion is longer than with the console version. If the PC and PS360 versions of the expansion get released in a simillar time frame that is.

zulfate

target - went to electronics section, asked if they price matched he said yes took me to the customer service desk with the game, he used an ipad to look up the site and verify the online price

360 bought for $45

I called my local target and they told me no price matching online sites lol.

Yoshichan

This game sucks lmao
Gtfo. This game is Godlike. (So far... Need to say this in case people decide to quote me if I change my mind in the future)

Well I just bought the 360 version after putting in nearly 300 hours on the PC version. I've enjoyed playing hardcore characters on PC, but the constant dependency on the AH for gear upgrades is still a huge problem. Gonna spend my D3 time on Xbox until Blizzard remembers the PC version exists.

BFIB

Well I just bought the 360 version after putting in nearly 300 hours on the PC version. I've enjoyed playing hardcore characters on PC, but the constant dependency on the AH for gear upgrades is still a huge problem. Gonna spend my D3 time on Xbox until Blizzard remembers the PC version exists.

From what I've read, the loot system on the consoles is going to be about the same PC players can expect with "loot 2.0" or whatever its called when the expansion hits.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoying this on PS3. There were definitely framerate dips at the very start of the game but so far it's seemed pretty damn smooth overall to me with the very odd hiccup. Nothing that's bothered me anyway. Been playing on Normal/Medium and having a blast. Not tried grouping with anyone yet, just solo. I do love the roll move a lot, so fuckin handy.

Yoshichan

Someone said something about enemy density? No? Didn't think so.

kgFhMhL.jpg

MrDaravon

kgFhMhL.jpg

That's a good sign, but even with MV the Fields of Misery is half as empty as normal on PC. Wonder if some areas just got hit worse than others because of tech limitations? VotA is a completely enclosed area whereas FoM is an open field map connected on both ends, so might explain that one.

Dahbomb

Nah man density is way higher on PC version in Inferno. A screen shot doesn't tell you everything. Pre-Inferno it's about the same but when you compare high MP PC to high MP console it's like a 50% difference at least.

Game is super easy across the board. A fresh character can start farming Master I which is UNHEARD of on PC without using the AH. You don't even have to be good to do this.

Stuff that makes console version overall easier even on Inferno:

*Dodge. Being able to Dodge out of stuff like Jailer makes certain affixes useless against the player.
*Nephalem Glory. Makes you faster, stronger and there are constant beams of light damaging enemies around you. Basically makes farming faster and more efficient.
*Paragon levels are account wide. Once you get 100 on one character it's like 100 on every character.
*MP levels are the same as PC for the most part but Loot is significantly better overall. It's pretty common to start off Inferno with a 1200-1300 DPS one hander for your class where as on the PC version that is unheard of.
*Elites in Inferno have only 3 affixes.
*You can respawn on your dead body with only a 5 second cooldown.
*There is no cap on holding potions and they always restore 60% of your life.
*Gems only require 2 of the previous one as opposed to 3 for all gem types.
*Crafting is much better and vendor sell you rares too so you can find an upgrade even on Inferno from Vendors. You also get plans for gems/items much more frequently.
*Mob density is lower (although in terms of getting to P100 faster that's sort of making things harder)

Probably a lot more stuff I am missing like skill rebalances (Monks no longer have to use Mantra again to keep it on as an aura). Game is going to have a very low shelf life although short it will at least be fun.

Any framerate dips?

Guys, should I get the 360 or PS3 version?

Digital foundry shows differences, I switched from ps3 to 360 based on their screen tearing findings in particular (also lack of of some lights)

It sounds like both versions are relatively good however (bar the screen tearing which is a shame)

Sioen

The game is amazing on the 360, graphics are pretty good considering all the action with a reasonably smooth framerate. Had some screen tearing at the start but haven't noticed it since then.

Is wizard fun in solo and on later difficulties is it viable?
I can't decide between wizard and barb. Everyone on pc boards says barb is a beast later on. They both seem fun but I don't want to hit a barrier later on with wizard because of his armor or something.

Tom Penny

So wrong. My friend tanked through pre-nerf inferno pretty well.

Lies. My Monk needed serious gear upgrades to finish pre patch Inferno and it was only because I found a crossbow that I was able to sell for millions. If all his gear was self found..I'd say he is by far the exception than the rule. Without all resist gear you would could get nearly 1 shotted at the beginning of act 2 by a wasp bee thing.

Dahbomb

Is wizard fun in solo and on later difficulties is it viable?
I can't decide between wizard and barb. Everyone on pc boards says barb is a beast later on. They both seem fun but I don't want to hit a barrier later on with wizard because if his armor or something.
Class rank is something like this:

Barbs
Wizard
Monks
Demon Hunters
Witch Doctor

This is on softcore, on hardcore Witch Doctors are way better than Demon Hunters.

Wizards are beast too late game, Archon build and CM build is quite nuts.

Top Bottom