• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2015 |OT| Fully Inflated

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's impossible to prepare to do auction drafts. In the mocks I've been in 4-6 people stay for awhile out of the 12. The computer likes to bid ridiculous amounts or so I believe compared to CBS Sports writers' mocks. No way to prepare in mocks how much to bid. You can only view others accounts and try to make some sense of it.

It's impossible to prepare to do auction drafts. In the mocks I've been in 4-6 people stay for awhile out of the 12. The computer likes to bid ridiculous amounts or so I believe compared to CBS Sports writers' mocks. No way to prepare in mocks how much to bid. You can only view others accounts and try to make some sense of it.
I've been in some full mock leagues, so it's definitely possible, but yeah some people get off on joining and leaving rooms for whatever reason. Same was happening in snake leagues for me, so it's not anything new

I've been in some full mock leagues, so it's definitely possible, but yeah some people get off on joining and leaving rooms for whatever reason. Same was happening in snake leagues for me, so it's not anything new

Snake it's one or two teams that bail and that does throw things off with Nelson's injury being picked. Even then it doesnt hit to the core of the draft being ruined far more in mock auction. 8 or so bots blowing their cash. No way to get a feel for the system.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Okay, the leagues are set and invites have been sent through PMs! Please join ASAP so that I can set the schedules.

Once you join, please post your team name in the thread in the highlight tag [ highlight][ /highlight] so that we can keep track of that (and post again if it changes). It becomes confusing when we're trying to figure out which team name corresponds to which GAF member.

Also, once you join, you may as well consider these heads up that Yahoo gives about our shiny new auction draft:

YAHOO said:
The draft will last up to approximately 2 hours 15 mins.
Test your system to ensure the draft application will work correctly.
Update your player values up until 45 minutes before your draft.
Join a mock auction draft to practice your draft strategy.

YAHOO said:

Looking forward to a great season everyone! Remember, the ONE thing that we ask of you is that you be active and play every week. If you are AFK, you get the AFK chicken.

ukvb0AK.jpg

Cheers!

Snake it's one or two teams that bail and that does throw things off with Nelson's injury being picked. Even then it doesnt hit to the core of the draft being ruined far more in mock auction. 8 or so bots blowing their cash. No way to get a feel for the system.
Idk what drafts you been in, but I haven't had 8 bots in a long time. Usually 2-3 max starting off, and people leaving after something doesn't go their way in the middle (pretty much just like snake). Just use that as a basis for how much everyone will be going for, and set your own numbers. I was easily able to have my base values for each position, and prices I'm willing to pay for each player, along with who can be the sacrifice if something changes (like Luck dropping to $30 instead of like $45). Get your budget, get a small list of players that may meet that budget, and practice as best you can to stick with it in a mock to get an idea of what you get

And the bots may be aggressive, but it's not like they're over bidding everyone by $15 or anything. They're sticking pretty close to the projected values, so it's not like it's completely unrealistic. Just treat them like the person who'll likely be following the 'Stars and Scrubs' approach. And try being positive man... We know you'd rather do snake, but it is what it is. Try having fun..

Edit: Oh, and Arkos: there won't be any problems with my team right? It's showing that it's yours (your name and everything)....

GJLP

King Jameis

And for some reason I'm dying at the 'Feeling it Mr Krabs' team name. Maybe it's the mental image of spongebob saying it or something, idk

DarkFlow

Banned
GJL2

Gronky Kong

For some reason I have 2 teams in GL2. I named the 2nd "My 2nd team, wtf" so we can boot it or give it to someone else.

Nm. I found were you can delete it.

Arkos

Lol I meant for the highlights to help me see them in between regular posts. Now I just feel silly

DarkFlow

Banned
That's up to your league

It's the most fair way to do waivers. So unless a bunch say no, we are going with that.

I'll explain how it works so there's no confusion. Everyone get's a set amount of cash for the entire year, I think it's $200. You then bid on wavier people, and if you win, you get that amount deducted. So if you spend like crazy at the start of the year, you'll be fucked at the end of it since you won't have much money left.

All right, I set GL2 for FAAB w/ Weekly rolling standings tiebreak. That means if two people bid the same amount, the person in last place for THAT WEEK wins. Every week the list will redo so people who never use the wavier don't get to sit on there #1 tiebreaker ranking every week.

Thanks for the invite, arkos.

GJL3
In as Chip's Black Friend, subject to change.

I'll voice my preference for FAAB as well. The first few weeks are when the impact waiver wire pickups are made, when standings don't mean all that much yet.

Ya sure but don't you go derailing our awesome thread :p
Thanks man!

Hey guys it's a week left for people to pay for the league I'm running located here, I plan to kick out people who haven't paid next Saturday. If you're looking for a league to join and you can pay with Paypal fast add yourself to the wait list please.

Settings
League Draft Date: Sunday, September 6th, 8:30 PM Eastern, 5:30 PM Pacific
Draft Type: Snake Draft

Buy-In / Payment Structure
For 16 people x $40 = $640
1st gets 45% = $288
2nd gets 27.5% = $176
3rd gets 17.5% = $112
4th gets 6.25% = $40 (get Buy-In back)
Highest Scoring Non-Playoff Team: $24

Basic League info
Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list Tiebreak
Weekly Waivers Game Time - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Playoff Reseeding: No
Divisions: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
League Pickem: Yes
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN

It's the most fair way to do waivers. So unless a bunch say no, we are going with that.

I'll explain how it works so there's no confusion. Everyone get's a set amount of cash for the entire year, I think it's $200. You then bid on wavier people, and if you win, you get that amount deducted. So if you spend like crazy at the start of the year, you'll be fucked at the end of it since you won't have much money left.

All right, I set GL2 for FAAB w/ Weekly rolling standings tiebreak. That means if two people bid the same amount, the person in last place for THAT WEEK wins. Every week the list will redo so people who never use the wavier don't get to sit on there #1 tiebreaker ranking every week.
I'm down for that in the premier league, but it doesn't matter too much to me. Everyone voice your preference!

Finally got in a decent auction draft. 8 people stayed for most of it. Was fun.
Had one last night around midnight that only had one person leave for the whole draft. It was... unique. Getting used to how each draft is different, but a kicker went for $10 and someone accidentally spent $111 on Jeremy Hill lol

Arkos

How much is the budget for auction?

I'm pretty sure it's 200, it's whatever the automatic setting was. I may be thinking about the weekly waiver budget though. I'll check in a bit if you can't see it in the league settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom