• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2014 |OT| Now with tiers! Still with tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up for GJL2 commish, Rabid Lobsters (me) will be on business travel the next 2 weeks. I should be able to set my lineup but if things get busy I might not. Good luck to everyone in GJL2 playoffs, it's been a fun season.
Cool, I'll check it for you on Thursday and Sunday morning. If it looks like you didn't make any obvious changes, I'll fix it for you if you want
Points were scored against someone's Defense/Special Teams but didn't count in the Yahoo scoring sheet for whatever reason. That's a legitimate gripe. The difference would have swung that game(from your win to loss) from having scored 31 points against to 35+. Do you really want to go over that again? Others noted the inconsistency in how some other leagues they were in calculated the Special Teams touchdown as points against that Defense/Special Teams...as they should have. If your special teams gives up points, just like your defense does...that should count against your D/ST points scored on.

You noted before how the division matters yet I didn't even play BT twice, in my division. At the least, since it seems you're not messing with anything, you should have two times for each division opponent and 3 games against the other division. I can live with that.
I can't fix the DEF stats at all, so there's no point in even arguing about that. It's how Yahoo does things. If everyone still has a problem with it, vote to move to espn again next year

As far as the scheduling, we can fix it next year to playing everyone, but I'm still wondering: what's the big deal? The change is negligible. I'm all for changing it if it's simple, but you're making it sound like it's some huge deal and the biggest oversight in fantasy or something. Chill, man

Cool, I'll check it for you on Thursday and Sunday morning. If it looks like you didn't make any obvious changes, I'll fix it for you if you want

I can't fix the DEF stats at all, so there's no point in even arguing about that. It's how Yahoo does things. If everyone still has a problem with it, vote to move to espn again next year

As far as the scheduling, we can fix it next year to playing everyone, but I'm still wondering: what's the big deal? The change is negligible. I'm all for changing it if it's simple, but you're making it sound like it's some huge deal and the biggest oversight in fantasy or something. Chill, man

Yeah man...I'm making this a huge fucking deal. I've wrote around 10 sentences on the matter.

Yeah man...I'm making this a huge fucking deal. I've wrote around 10 sentences on the matter.
Compared to everyone else's 0, yeah kinda. You must really wanna play Gordamn or something. Either way, we'll look into fixing it next year. Trying not to make too many decisions regarding next year until Arkos is back

And what is going on with Jeffrey? Marshall is out so I thought he'd be doing better than one catch... Started him over ODB in my other league, and it's already looking like a huge mistake

We need the cash money system for the waiver wire. Can't stand this waiver priority stuff.
Cash money system for waiver wire pickups? How am I just now hearing about this? Sounds genius
No auction drafting for the future. It becomes about your skill winning players, versus knowledge of players and value in the draft.
We already decided to try it out, just like we tried out Yahoo this year. The new method to approach the draft (how much are you willing to sacrifice for that player) sounds like a refreshing change to the typical snake draft

Cash money system for waiver wire pickups? How am I just now hearing about this? Sounds genius

We already decided to try it out, just like we tried out Yahoo this year. The new method to approach the draft (how much are you willing to sacrifice for that player) sounds like a refreshing change to the typical snake draft

That's a shame it's already been decided (I don't recall a vote of any kind). But regardless, I won't be a part of any auction drafting...It's just not for me.

DarkFlow

Banned
That's a shame it's already been decided (I don't recall a vote of any kind). But regardless, I won't be a part of any auction drafting...It's just not for me.

I don't like snake, but I stuck it out anyway.

Yeah you get a set amount for waivers, I think it's 100 or 200. You then bid on waivers, so if you blow all your cash at the start of the year getting waivers, you won't have much left at the end.

It was a compromise for those (including Dark) that was saying the same thing regarding having a snake draft. I'd say don't knock it till you try it, but it sounds like you already did. Maybe there will be a single traditional league too, idk.

I'm sure we'll have another vote early next season, but the default will be the auction draft. If it pans out though, it was a pleasure playing with you

DarkFlow

Banned
It was a compromise for those (including Dark) that was saying the same thing regarding having a snake draft. I'd say don't knock it till you try it, but it sounds like you already did. Maybe there will be a single traditional league too, idk.

I'm sure we'll have another vote early next season, but the default will be the auction draft. If it pans out though, it was a pleasure playing with you

I personally would be fine if we had one league where we do all the crazy shit like auction draft and cash waivers. I don't think we need all of them too do it, but it might mess up your premier league thing we have going, but I don't really care about that too much.

I personally would be fine if we had one league where we do all the crazy shit like auction draft and cash waivers. I don't think we need all of them too do it, but it might mess up your premier league thing we have going, but I don't really care about that too much.
Gotta have a badass name for that league, though

Well thanks. I had a good time. I've tried it and didn't like and felt it detracted from the nature of the game..It's almost like playing a mini-game to get your players, which unnecessarily complications the process.

I love fantasy football..Well, let me take that back..I love winning in FF..lol...I'm shocked my team didn't do better. I mean, position by position, my team is pretty much stacked, but I couldn't manage a winning record...Part of me would love to participate in a non-head to head league, where you just play everyone every week..No more getting beat by the top score nonsense..

But regardless, good luck with the league.

75.54 points. Pretty good since I had like 5 points after the first quarter and one of my players went down in the first half. I didn't get lucky.

Well thanks. I had a good time. I've tried it and didn't like and felt it detracted from the nature of the game..It's almost like playing a mini-game to get your players, which unnecessarily complications the process.

I love fantasy football..Well, let me take that back..I love winning in FF..lol...I'm shocked my team didn't do better. I mean, position by position, my team is pretty much stacked, but I couldn't manage a winning record...Part of me would love to participate in a non-head to head league, where you just play everyone every week..No more getting beat by the top score nonsense..

But regardless, good luck with the league.
Like rotisserie in fantasy basketball? That would be pretty cool, actually.

And there's still a decent chance it's still a snake draft. Like I said, it won't be decided until next year. Dark had a good idea with the experiment league.

Like rotisserie in fantasy basketball? That would be pretty cool, actually.

And there's still a decent chance it's still a snake draft. Like I said, it won't be decided until next year. Dark had a good idea with the experiment league.

I'm not sure if rotisserie is the right word or not, but you know when the recap says, "If you played all teams in the league every week, you'd be 85-81", that type of thing...I'd like to just go head to head against all teams, every week, ultimately so you don't have to worry about a bad matchup where you score the second highest points in the league and are beaten by the top scorer...Leads to teams in the playoffs that really shouldn't be there.

In one of my free ESPN leagues I was the highest scoring team in the league and didn't make the playoffs (granted it's only top 4 there) but still, kind of ridiculous.

DarkFlow

Banned
You're not even in my league and you're more interested in my team than the guy I'm playing against.
Because you talk ALL the time. I was hoping you would lose so you would stfu honestly. You act like we care about every little point update for your team, we don't.

I love faab waivers but I don't know anything about auction drafts
For auctions, someone gets put up for bid each turn (everyone takes turns selecting people), and the person who offers the most gets that player. It opens up a lot of strategies regarding who to pick. If you want LeSean McCoy, Marshawn Lynch and Jamaal Charles, they're yours. If you want the whole Bears team on your roster, they're yours. Just remember that you have 16 positions to fill, not 3.

I'm not sure, but I think that's how the daily fantasy league sites where you win money do it too. And FAAB sounds awesome. Should be fun to see how some strategies change because of it (I'm sure the streaming DEF strategy takes a decent hit with it)

DarkFlow

Banned
I think team Fletcher is going to beat me. My team is just too boom or bust, and it looks it its bust this week. Graham has 1 damn point, that's not going to get anything done, fuck you Bree's.

Vyer

So we're using reg season finishes for the leagues next year, correct? So in JL2:

OGF, Eli's Red Bucket, Fletcher and Rabid Lobsters move to Premiere.

Blair Walsh Project, DeMarco Polo, AP's Switch and Sangreal's Team stay in JL2.

Cunning Creepers, Stonking Great Hits, Jammy Gits and Stupendous Men move to JL3.

So we're using reg season finishes for the leagues next year, correct? So in JL2:

Cunning Creepers, Stonking Great Hits, Jammy Gits and Stupendous Men move to JL3.
Only difference is regarding the top 4. You have to win this week of the playoffs to be in the top 4.

Omega

Banned

dat fresh meat.

DarkFlow

Banned

I think we decide who moves up after this round of the playoffs.

Omega

Banned
DarkFlow I think you'll be happy to know that barring something insane happening in the next 10 minutes, ErasureAcer is eliminated.

Peyton had an astounding 4.76 points. Thank god for the bye. what a joke. GJLP ends up between About Gordamn Time vs Straw Hat Pirates

DarkFlow

Banned
DarkFlow I think you'll be happy to know that barring something insane happening in the next 10 minutes, ErasureAcer is eliminated.

Peyton had an astounding 4.76 points. Thank god for the bye. what a joke. GJLP ends up between About Gordamn Time vs Straw Hat Pirates

Lol, too bad I lost too unless Roddy White has a insane game.
what's up
Well we want to auction draft next year, but not everyone wants to do that. We might make a league for snake if some aren't down for that.

DarkFlow

Banned
Fuck you Edelman! Of course this motherfucker has his best game of the year when I have to play him.

I think before I lose I'll drop DeMarco, I want him to win god damn it! He deserves it!

I wonder what the percentage of people who were eliminated this week had Peyton Manning, and what percentage of people moving on this week had Leveon Bell...

DarkFlow

Banned
I wonder what the percentage of people who were eliminated this week had Peyton Manning, and what percentage of people moving on this week had Leveon Bell...

I'm sure a lot had Jimmy Graham too. He killed a lot of peoples hopes last week with a goose egg, and this week put a whole 4 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom