• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

guerrilla games new ip "horizon" concept art leaked [Up2: Third artwork]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, it will be gameplay related. Like Far Cry or Watch Dogs where you take it out to drop the enemies radar and take over the region.

If the actual gameplay element was hunting down radar beasts, bringing them down and then hacking their relay system to get a copy of the map, that would actually be a cool and batshit crazy spin on the boring Ubi trope. I approve this idea.

Acosta

Someone from reddit was supposedly in a focus group for the game:

"Let's see based on what I can remember. The game is set in a post apocalyptic future where robots have evolved into animals/dinosaurs and humans have devolved into pre-civilization tribes of Hunters/Gatherers who are surviving off the land making weapons and armor out of robot parts.

You play as one of your tribe's hunters who's this girl that is fascinated with exploring the ruins of our old civilization.

They showed us some early concept gameplay, it seemed like one of the more unique aspect of the gameplay was that your character uses rope arrows to tangle up those giant dinobots like AT-ATs in Empire Strikes Back

They make it seem like there would be either class based co-op or your character would have some sort of NPCs fighting along side her. It seems like an open world third person action RPG and they claim the map will be extra huge.

That's all I can really remember off the top of my head, everyone in the focus group was really interested and excited about this whole rope tangling mechanic so I wouldn't be surprised if they flesh that out some more"

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2gjd0j/guerrilla_games_new_ip_horizon_first_supposed/ckk9254

I'm getting goosebumps.

Please, please, plase, be real, don't get canned and be an awesome game. Please!

TalonJH

If the actual gameplay element was hunting down radar beasts, bringing them down and then hacking their relay system to get a copy of the map, that would actually be a cool and batshit crazy spin on the boring Ubi trope. I approve this idea.

Thats what I was thinking. It would roam through the zone on a random patrol path.

I mean Sony just posted a 2 billion dollar loss for the fiscal year. It isn't unreasonable.

Every other division besides Playstation is failing miserably.

They've been posting losses for multiple years. When push comes to stove, they'll close the loss leading divisions or spin off other sections. Playstation as a brand will be the last of the big 3 to fall.

Sega

jfinley92 on reddit edited this art to remove watermarks:

X7pdVX5.jpg

wapplew

jfinley92 on reddit edited this art to remove watermarks:

X7pdVX5.jpg

Why they hunting innocent robo dino, not like they are protein source or anything.
Robo Dino are man's best friend! This game just calling for lawsuit from animal protection. Cancel your game before it's too late GG.

deeTyrant

Art looks fantastic, hope the game can capture what it evokes.

I'm excited to see what Guerrilla does now that they are able to flex a little more creative liberty.

Someone from reddit was supposedly in a focus group for the game:

"Let's see based on what I can remember. The game is set in a post apocalyptic future where robots have evolved into animals/dinosaurs and humans have devolved into pre-civilization tribes of Hunters/Gatherers who are surviving off the land making weapons and armor out of robot parts.

You play as one of your tribe's hunters who's this girl that is fascinated with exploring the ruins of our old civilization.

They showed us some early concept gameplay, it seemed like one of the more unique aspect of the gameplay was that your character uses rope arrows to tangle up those giant dinobots like AT-ATs in Empire Strikes Back

They make it seem like there would be either class based co-op or your character would have some sort of NPCs fighting along side her. It seems like an open world third person action RPG and they claim the map will be extra huge.

That's all I can really remember off the top of my head, everyone in the focus group was really interested and excited about this whole rope tangling mechanic so I wouldn't be surprised if they flesh that out some more"

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2gjd0j/guerrilla_games_new_ip_horizon_first_supposed/ckk9254
Is this real life?

Please, please deliver GG.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I see the concept art and I think of Nico.
Similarly I wonder if GG is making a monster hunter type game. That's a genre that is very underrepresented by European and American developers and usually target handheld systems.

Based on such little information the only thing that goes against that is the lead female character, as opposed to mostly multiplayer and create-a-character.

Robot dinosaurs are pretty silly but Guerilla knows how to craft good lore around a universe (I love the Killzone back story). Whether they can do something compelling with it remains to be seen, I always thought they wasted all of that great Killzone back story.

I have no doubt the game will be technically very impressive.

Robot dinosaurs are pretty silly but Guerilla knows how to craft good lore around a universe (I love the Killzone back story). Whether they can do something compelling with it remains to be seen, I always thought they wasted all of that great Killzone back story.

I have no doubt the game will be technically very impressive.

Yeah; the Killzone franchise has an interesting backstory. Lore is not their issue; storytelling is. Hopefully the dude from Obsidian will steer them in the right direction.

deleted

This looks like something I can enjoy.

Just give me as little information about the actual workings of these things as possible and keep it simple story wise. Give me this world as a given and work from there.

The artworks are fantastic, hopefully they will reveal this rather soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom