• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

guerrilla games new ip "horizon" concept art leaked [Up2: Third artwork]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was an ok 5/10 game, Killzone 2 and 3 are way better

So just because Shadowfall is bad they're unable to make a good game? You said yourself that KZ2 and 3 are good so whats the problem? The majority of From Software's catalog is pretty much crap but that didn't stop them from making the Souls series.

What a shame they cancelled that perhaps it could have been a better Destiny as we all know how that turned out.

I doubt that was the only reason it was cancelled. There were rumors that it had a lot of development difficulties. We never heard anything about the game until it was canned. SSM never really spoke about it like we see with Guerrilla where they frequently mention that they've been working on a new IP. We've now seen artwork for that game while we've never seen anything from that IP that SSM had in development.

I'm fully expecting there will be a group of individuals going "They ripped off Age of Extinction!"

"You gotta have faith, GAF. Maybe not in who we are, but who we can be."

gcmBFkw.jpg

lmbotiva

What a shame they cancelled that perhaps it could have been a better Destiny as we all know how that turned out.

it turned out amazing, great gameplay and awesome to play with friends, but yeah, when you let other decide for you "reviews" is easy to see the reasoning behind your comment

Yeah, it turned out to be a pretty decent game that's biggest fault, consumer expectation, came from the astronomical hype and excessive ambition generated by it's developer, right?

vpance

They should put the game back on the table if they can't get the exclusive marketing for Destiny 2. How hard is it to make something better than Destiny? Maybe Sony just had too high standards for it.

Mik2121

The art on the third picture is amazing.

I wonder how accurate to the art this game is going to be. Knowing Guerrilla though, I know it's going to look stunning nevertheless.

EGOMON

GG are one of my fav devs in the industry can't wait for their next game I hope it's going to be a huge success so that gg get the respect they deserve and rise to the God-tier along side ND, SSM & PD

we probably won't see anything until mid 2015. sony still has to promote bloodborne and the order 1886 and uncharted 4 for next year.

New IPs rarely get introduced outside of major press conferences anyway, and there's no major presser till E3. (VGX is a possibility, though I doubt it.)

I'm hoping since this is supposed to be an RPG (right?) that we can create a character.

It's been suggested that the woman with redhair in the artwork is the main character. So it may be structured like most JRPG's or The Witcher in that there's a set character that there's a preset character.

Percy

Banned
I'm hoping this is actually an open world RPG as has been suggested and not the Monster Hunter shit I'm feeling it could be from the art.

Like the post apocalyptic man vs robot dinosaur premise though, that'd be pretty fresh an idea for an RPG setting if nothing else.

SDCowboy

It's been suggested that the woman with redhair in the artwork is the main character. So it may be structured like most JRPG's or The Witcher in that there's a set character that there's a preset character.

I hope that's based off the art or just a character they've shown. Just personally, it bugs me to not be able to create my own character in RPGs.

I hope that's based off the art or just a character they've shown. Just personally, it bugs me to not be able to create my own character in RPGs.

meh. creating a character is overrated. personally i don't really feel it adds as much as it wants to be.

in the end the story is the same, stats is the same, gear is the same. so really, me creating my own and playing as a preset character is 99% the same experience.

not to mention it often always the case that a preset character will even nave a greater attachment to me and to other people. take an rpg that lets you name your character vs one that has a set character. most people would be able to empathise with the set character more than the one they created.

Dio

Banned
So just because Shadowfall is bad they're unable to make a good game? You said yourself that KZ2 and 3 are good so whats the problem? The majority of From Software's catalog is pretty much crap but that didn't stop them from making the Souls series.

What? No it's not. Otogi 1 & 2, MWC, several of the Armored Cores, every King's Field except for the PSP ones and Shadow Tower Abyss were all great. Chromehounds and 3D Dot Game Heroes weren't bad either. I would say the majority of the games they make are at least good, with a few flops like some of the Another Century games, that Kinect Steel Battalion game, a couple of the worse Armored Cores like 4 and Ninja Blade.

Drencrom

I have a "feeling" that the art promises more than what will be delivered. But I'm looking forward to seeing more :)

That's like every game ever sadly, but I do hope they deliver. I never knew I wanted a mecha-dinosaur hunting open world RPG, but I do know!

i-Lo

Here's hoping they can prove their competence once again with this project since KZ2.

Plus, the lack of RPG from Sony is an unfortunate fact.

redfirm

Banned
alright i got some insider information. will post tonight once i get home from work.

lets say i know the release date and all game futures :)

60ade0f3jw1eke6cw8t7bj21kw0oaqrc.jpg

I just saw it's two deers running from the robotrex. I always saw an hunchback with a cloak and his arms raised, like summoning the robotrex. lol I feel stupid. I liked my idea of a dragon priest of skyrim but for robotrex. But it's just a deer. lame

alright i got some insider information. will post tonight once i get home from work.

lets say i know the release date and all game futures :)

good. Christmas is early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom