• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haikyuu!! Second Season |OT| The flightless crows take to the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
And that's the OST bought. My fav track is definitely this, so damn good.

Also all this time I was wondering why Oikawa seemed really familiar but I couldn't place it, turns out it's the same VA as Hisoka. And Tsukishima's is Mereum.

Mendrox

Godlike Soundtrack like season 1. Also I am not sure if I should give Haikyuu the AOAT threatment, but it surely is the best sports anime that I've seen which consists of:

Eyeshield 21
Prince of Tennis
Diamond no Ace
Major
One Outs!
Hajime no Ippo
Yowamushi Pedal

every season, movie and OVA of these series and still... Haikyuu is even better. Although Ippo is my alltime favourite.

faridmon

Godlike Soundtrack like season 1. Also I am not sure if I should give Haikyuu the AOAT threatment, but it surely is the best sports anime that I've seen which consists of:

Eyeshield 21
Prince of Tennis
Diamond no Ace
Major
One Outs!
Hajime no Ippo
Yowamushi Pedal

every season, movie and OVA of these series and still... Haikyuu is even better. Although Ippo is my alltime favourite.

Some on haven't watched Giant Killing and Ping Pong. But yeah, Its already AOTY for me unless there is a future Anime that blows me away. Eps 23 alone just makes this the Anime to watch this year.

Moaradin

I loved the scene where Oikawa was struggling to get up after that long pass. This dude is normally so calm and collected but he had a completely different expression there. The animation was insanely detailed as well.

Mendrox

Some on haven't watched Giant Killing and Ping Pong. But yeah, Its already AOTY for me unless there is a future Anime that blows me away. Eps 23 alone just makes this the Anime to watch this year.

I don't care about soccer/football at all, but I've watched Ganbare Kickers (german version) and all of every Tsubasa series. Never heard of Giant Killing. I've watched Ping Pong too, but excluded it for reasons - for many people the artstyle is too much. :(

TheFlow

Banned

giant killing got an anime? didn't think it was that popular

faridmon

I loved the scene where Oikawa was struggling to get up after that long pass. This dude is normally so calm and collected but he had a completely different expression there. The animation was insanely detailed as well.

That whole scene was incredible. Oikawa getting that long pass so pin point was incredible, but animation wise, him knocking over the stools and the desk and getting back up again was just amazing to watch.

giant killing got an anime? didn't think it was that popular

Yeah, The anime was so unpopular it never got another season. It was really good, animation wise, it suffered alot, but the characters and the atmosphere were top notch. Really recommended.

I don't care about soccer/football at all, but I've watched Ganbare Kickers (german version) and all of every Tsubasa series. Never heard of Giant Killing. I've watched Ping Pong too, but excluded it for reasons - for many people the artstyle is too much. :(

Giant Killing is very unlike Captain Tsubasa, in the sense its realistic and focuses more on the management side of Football than the actual sport. Also its grounded and never gets into the typical Shonen archetype.

I would really recommended even if you don't like the sport as a whole.

duckroll

Man, I'm see unable to formulate any proper thoughts on 21-24. That was such a fucking awesome ride. Seeing everything come together one piece at a time, and finally climax the way it did. 49 episodes of development and progress... the satisfaction is immense.

faridmon

Man, I'm see unable to formulate any proper thoughts on 21-24. That was such a fucking awesome ride. Seeing everything come together one piece at a time, and finally climax the way it did. 49 episodes of development and progress... the satisfaction is immense.

You were lucky to marathon the entire match. Watching them weekly wasn't as fun as you are describing it due to pacing and cliffhangers by the end.

EP24 is GOAT of an episode though.

That final rally was some of the most hype shit I've seen in anime.

Forreal. A god damn cartoon volleyball game had me on the edge of my seat.

I think it could have gone both ways. Apart from the 3rd years, everyone else on Karasuno would get to play against Aoba josai in their 2nd year anyway.

This is less Daiya No Ace, more Kuroko.

In that there is no second and third year, at least not as it stands now.

The journey with the team that's assembled right now is the story. Maybe there will be Haikyuu act 2 or something but as it stands now, Haikyuu will be a self contained arc with this team.

I hope you guys didn't miss that the last move from tobio+hinata was pretty much a 'replay' of their last move in season 1 that got blocked. It was a nice little detail!

exfatal

My god that whole ep was bone chilling i loved every moment of it, i thought it was over when the back court spike happened but nope!!

shira

I hope you guys didn't miss that the last move from tobio+hinata was pretty much a 'replay' of their last move in season 1 that got blocked. It was a nice little detail!
It was an amalgamation of almost everything he learned from season 2: eyes open spiking + the floating set which gives him time to pick a target, the wipe he learned at the training camp, to the angling wipe he learned from watching Takeru (Wakutani), the way Seijoh were interior blocking his cross and forcing straights and he even factors in Oikawa returning the wipe using slow-down time.

Gvitor

ecf6f5f61464b63422a1228178a0e4fb1459001199_full.jpg

Is it october yet?

25 [END]

I would have wanted Oikawa and the rest of Seijoh to make it mainly because theyve never beat Shiratorizawa and thus have never made it in all three years he was at the school.
Cefwt-OWIAA1MEX.jpg

Kind of sad that they had to have this scene replayed on the tv network too. Was sad for Kindaichi but he has two more chances to make it. He also missed his chance to get things right with Kageyama which I hope gets fixed sometime in the future. They could text or something.

Ill always chuckle at the idea of Ushiwaka just always saying you should have came to Shiratorizawa to Oikawa.

Good season, and good adaption, prefer the manga for quite a few things but also the anime for how actiony and fast paced things were and some of the comedy.

TsukiHina growing as MB was the best part of this season as well as the Gym 3 (Tokyo) stuff.

Gvitor

Haikyuu! 25 (END)

I said it before, but I love this show so much. Even in these in-between matches episodes. This cast of characters is just so great, and their interactions even more so.

They getting back to the school with that reception, and the tv show was a nice parallel to S1's ending as well. Can't wait for S3... but I'll probably be reading the manga soon.

T-Rex.

Banned
Yes, finally the boys get the support they deserve from their school. The match against Shiratorizawa is gonna be insane if the Aoba match is anything to go by. Can't wait.

Oh and that Hinata/Kageyama fist bump was very Goku and Vegeta like. So gud.

I think I'm going to start reading the manga, I didn't realize the next match was literally the next day in the timeline of the anime. I can't wait 6 months.

T-Rex.

Banned
Is Kuroko's Basket pretty similar to this? Since it's only a short wait until S3 I'll hold off on reading the manga, but I need something to act as a substitute in the meantime.

Is Kuroko's Basket pretty similar to this? Since it's only a short wait until S3 I'll hold off on reading the manga, but I need something to act as a substitute in the meantime.

If you dont mind characters having superpowers (for example, looking at people and causing them to fall and knell down to them in a basketball game, etc) then it is a good show to watch.

Gvitor

Kuroko is more unrealistic than Haikyuu. It doesn't have powers and shit, but some stuff is borderline impossible, even more so for high school students. They also barely develop their characters. Haikyuu goes out of its way to develop characters both in Karasuno and in its rivals, even the lesser ones. Kuroko develops the generation of miracles and maybe two of the main team, but that's it.

That said... it has a shit ton of hype scenes that do feel like Haikyuu. The matches are very entertaining and it has the benefit of being complete, so you won't have to wait weeks for a conclusion. I recommend it, but Haikyuu is way better.

Yonafunu

I think I might have had a hard time waiting for next season, if I hadn't already read it.

That said, it's just 6 months, not to mention the fact that there's enough good series coming up this year to distract from the wait. I mean damn, this season alone there's Jojo, MHA and Swagamoto, with Mob Psycho and Soma S2 coming in the summer. And those are just some adaptations.

It's a good year.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
oikawa is definitely my favorite character in the series, sad to see him go, but glad the second season stayed strong throughout, and the next season is gonna be super hype too

T-Rex.

Banned
If you dont mind characters having superpowers (for example, looking at people and causing them to fall and knell down to them in a basketball game, etc) then it is a good show to watch.

Kuroko is more unrealistic than Haikyuu. It doesn't have powers and shit, but some stuff is borderline impossible, even more so for high school students. They also barely develop their characters. Haikyuu goes out of its way to develop characters both in Karasuno and in its rivals, even the lesser ones. Kuroko develops the generation of miracles and maybe two of the main team, but that's it.

That said... it has a shit ton of hype scenes that do feel like Haikyuu. The matches are very entertaining and it has the benefit of being complete, so you won't have to wait weeks for a conclusion. I recommend it, but Haikyuu is way better.
I'm not a massive fan of the unrealistic stuff in sports anime but since the matches are good I'll check it out. Will mainly watch for the hype scenes in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom