• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haikyuu!! Second Season |OT| The flightless crows take to the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
S5A0Cs9.gif

shira

Those two matches represent the last nine months of the manga. Either the anime goes right to the wire, is a short season or evicerates the pacing.
When it comes to sports anime are they allowed to show scenes and matches that were never in the manga?

Mendrox

When it comes to sports anime are they allowed to show scenes and matches that were never in the manga?

There were sports anime that did Filler which were in Jump too like Prince of Tennis (horrible fillers) and Eyeshield 21 (some okayish fillers) for example, but my guess is that they will just pace it a bit better and maybe add some new scenes. Maybe they are going for short seasons now to bait more woman in to buying merchandise. :3

Yonafunu

Season 1 took about 70 chapters of the manga. Season 2 will probably be a bit more, around 80.

The manga needs about 20 chapters more for a full third season.

Season 1 took about 70 chapters of the manga. Season 2 will probably be a bit more, around 80.

The manga needs about 20 chapters more for a full third season.

There are more than 20 weeks worth of chapters from the end of this season (april) to the start of fall though, so I dont know why people are worrying.

TheFlow

Banned
Those two matches represent the last nine months of the manga. Either the anime goes right to the wire, is a short season or evicerates the pacing.
The anime can do the last two games and then release season 4 in the fall or summer of 2017.

like I said earlier if they don't start working on season 3 till Close to May then they would have a lot to work with

Gvitor

Episode's up

Damn good. Aside from the reused animations, I have no complaints. Great ending to a fantastic match. Everyone got their time to shine. I love this show so damn much. Season 3 and the
Shiratorizawa match
can't come soon enough.

Soooooooo many amazing moments in this episode. That entire last volley was spectacular. Edge of my seat kind of stuff. I don't even mind the re-using of some of the animation when we got more then enough to make up for that.

T-Rex.

Banned
The crunchyroll subs seemed kinda off this week. Everything else was great and oh man, I marked out big time when Kageyama did the dump shot. Pretty amazing stuff throughout the entire episode, to be fair. I definitely won't be able to hold out until S3 so it's time to read the manga.

Shiratorizawa gonna get rekt.

TheFlow

Banned
Did we really need another opening? Especially when the last one was amazing

Edit: oops I was on the wrong season on crunch hell. Back to episode 23 of season 2

shira

Episode's up

Damn good. Aside from the reused animations, I have no complaints. Great ending to a fantastic match. Everyone got their time to shine. I love this show so damn much. Season 3 and the
Shiratorizawa match
can't come soon enough.

God-tier contribution from "that" guy
Ki0PD46.gif

TheFlow

Banned
I am sorry but Eye Shield is nothing like Haikyuu

One is good and the other one is not.

the manga. and there are some cool moments from the anime, but yea I recommend reading the manga if some of you don't want to spoil yourself on Haikyuu

Definitely top 3-4 sports manga of all time.

Such a good episode. Spouse finally tuned in, got through the whole show before last Saturday, and we caught the last two episodes together. There was a lot of screaming and hollering at the screen this week.

I'm still blown away by how tastefully this anime handles flashbacks.

tumblr_o4b4i5Ci7M1uh6s9xo1_540.gif

middle blockers reconfirmed for the best, and tsukishima moments (though he was always just a feint mainly) and hinata's awesome block were the best moments.

Ill miss the chibi-chans and tobio-chans for a bit.

Bring on the next team, so many of my favorites and some favorite moments in it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
tumblr_o4b4i5Ci7M1uh6s9xo1_540.gif

middle blockers reconfirmed for the best, and tsukishima moments (though he was always just a feint mainly) and hinata's awesome block were the best moments.

Ill miss the chibi-chans and tobio-chans for a bit.

Bring on the next team, so many of my favorites and some favorite moments in it.
4 u
jFq9i4o.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
The last 10 mins were amazing, but I liked the previous episodes better when it came to animation.

the next match can easily go up to 10 episodes. Considering this one was 5?

I cant get over how fucking amazing this episode was. Rewatched it again.

Just a roller coaster of emotions. Chills everywhere.

mdubs

Banned
That sound track that kicks in during the final rally is so god-tier.

Some jrpg final boss music up in this business

T-Rex.

Banned
Just rewatched the episode. So. Damn. Good. Hinata's feint. Kageyama's dump shot. Asahi' back court spike.
tumblr_ntcvb48nEJ1s94ycuo1_500.gif

It's not really his character, but if Kageyama had a smirk on his face when Oikawa was on the floor I'd have lost my shit even more.

Edit: I never noticed it at the time but even Tsukishima was celebrating the win! Bah gawd.

VariantX

Fuck, probably the most hype game of volleyball ever. The staredowns, clutch plays, sneaky tactics, mental fatigue and pressure, emotions and drama, teamwork, fistbumps, personal struggles, close shaves, animation, soundtrack, and that last serve that would not end as both teams are playing out of their minds. So unbelievably satisfying to behold.

The last 10 mins were amazing, but I liked the previous episodes better when it came to animation.

the next match can easily go up to 10 episodes. Considering this one was 5?

Going to have to wait 9-12 months for that, next episode is final one of season 2..

Kaako

Felium Defensor
God damn that was some hype ish. Really well done episode imo and loved the intensity. Shit was dope.

faridmon

HOLY SHIT. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Last Ep. was fucking amazing. One of the best, if not the best episodes I have seen in a long time. The tension, the drama, the plays, The EXCITMENT.

HOLY SHIT!

I don't watch episodes twice but I had to watch this 3 times.

HOLY SHIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom