• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Flame_AC

You unvoted and disappeared. You could've switched the wagon.

Cabot is correct. Blarg, you were the very first vote on cabot and then you abandoned the train so we could get issacnukem. If you left your vote, or even put a post or two of pressure, I'm sure you could have swayed the vote.

Flame_AC

And sure, Blarg, I guess you could try and argue that it is not your fault, but if you really believe in the lynch as you apparently do right now, you should have at least left your vote or tried to fight for it.

*Splinter

Sorry, I shouldn't post like that.

Thoughts on the day, since I've been kind of absent:

The conversation between Flame and Zeusy was interesting. Flame was making reasonable points and Zeus was doing a poor job to respond to them, on the surface it was a bad look for Zeus. On a purely gut level however, I got a bad feeling from Flame from it, and I can't put my finger on why... Perhaps there was an air of excitement to his questioning, like a scum who's got a townie on the back foot and has free reign to push them up everyone's scumlist? Just a guess, something felt off.

One comment I remember from Zeusy is that I've been present in the early parts of the phase but absent towards day end. I think that's only really true for last phase but it's a point noone had mentioned and I think not a bad reason to scumread someone. It also shows he's paying attention to other players rather than only focusing on self defense (which is a feeling I had been getting from Zeusy).

Zipped has been moving up my scumlist. Yeah he's one I always scumread, and I've been hesitating on scumreading him for that reason, but he continues to post things that don't jive with my perspective, and his vote on Isaac was almost farcical in its opportunism.

Who else? I know Ri dropped off my town list at some point but don't remember why. Maybe just the vote flip flop from yesterday, was never a strong read to begin with.

Sky I think is town, the heat on him feels disproportionate to the strength of the case against him, I think it's the safe option that scum are choosing to push.

Waffle... My read on Waffle is still contingent on Cabot (Cabot scum => Waffle+Zeusy town). I still feel like it's hard to get reads out of her but I'm leaning on that being caused by inexperience rather than a scum alignment. Oh and the gossip confusion thing, maybe shouldnt matter but looks new town to me.

Ocean is a gossip, I believe that much and haven't thought much about his alignment beyond it. Hmm.

Kyan I forgot for a bit... He's playing townie but capable of faking it, no strong feeling in his alignment so far.

Same with Swamped, and here I have even less to go off of. Actually I think Zipped's case against her had some merit, probably the most interesting thing he's said.

Blarg... I townread him early and his reads have aligned with mine, perhaps I've been too trusting but I'm not really considering him at the moment.

Bronx and LP sure exist.

Well this turned into a reads list of sorts, who did I miss? Apart from Cabot. Who's scum, obviously. (He's been posting fairly townily for most of today, but like Kyan/Swamped he's competent enough at faking it, so no that doesn't override the earlier pushing of scum's agenda.)

cabot

blarg, you can't say you weren't responsible for not killing me after removing your only ability (that we know of) to kill me.

fuckin lol m8

btw if my line(s) of questioning currently seem disjointed, it's because I'm on mobile right now and don't have access to my regular faculties, ha

A C A D E M I A

Kalor

I've generally thought Blarg was town this game but this vote for Cabot is weird. Especially when he unvoted yesterday.

*Splinter

Oh small point I forgot about Waffle: when I asked her about her Isaac vote she said she left it up even though she didn't think he was scum. Points for honesty I guess.

cabot

Sorry, I shouldn't post like that.

Thoughts on the day, since I've been kind of absent:

The conversation between Flame and Zeusy was interesting. Flame was making reasonable points and Zeus was doing a poor job to respond to them, on the surface it was a bad look for Zeus. On a purely gut level however, I got a bad feeling from Flame from it, and I can't put my finger on why... Perhaps there was an air of excitement to his questioning, like a scum who's got a townie on the back foot and has free reign to push them up everyone's scumlist? Just a guess, something felt off.

One comment I remember from Zeusy is that I've been present in the early parts of the phase but absent towards day end. I think that's only really true for last phase but it's a point noone had mentioned and I think not a bad reason to scumread someone. It also shows he's paying attention to other players rather than only focusing on self defense (which is a feeling I had been getting from Zeusy).

Zipped has been moving up my scumlist. Yeah he's one I always scumread, and I've been hesitating on scumreading him for that reason, but he continues to post things that don't jive with my perspective, and his vote on Isaac was almost farcical in its opportunism.

Who else? I know Ri dropped off my town list at some point but don't remember why. Maybe just the vote flip flop from yesterday, was never a strong read to begin with.

Sky I think is town, the heat on him feels disproportionate to the strength of the case against him, I think it's the safe option that scum are choosing to push.

Waffle... My read on Waffle is still contingent on Cabot (Cabot scum => Waffle+Zeusy town). I still feel like it's hard to get reads out of her but I'm leaning on that being caused by inexperience rather than a scum alignment. Oh and the gossip confusion thing, maybe shouldnt matter but looks new town to me.

Ocean is a gossip, I believe that much and haven't thought much about his alignment beyond it. Hmm.

Kyan I forgot for a bit... He's playing townie but capable of faking it, no strong feeling in his alignment so far.

Same with Swamped, and here I have even less to go off of. Actually I think Zipped's case against her had some merit, probably the most interesting thing he's said.

Blarg... I townread him early and his reads have aligned with mine, perhaps I've been too trusting but I'm not really considering him at the moment.

Bronx and LP sure exist.

Well this turned into a reads list of sorts, who did I miss? Apart from Cabot. Who's scum, obviously. (He's been posting fairly townily for most of today, but like Kyan/Swamped he's competent enough at faking it, so no that doesn't override the earlier pushing of scum's agenda.)

OK lover, let's do this.

1) When I flip town, what does that mean for Zeusy + Waffle?
2) Why do you think Sky is town? I have my own reasons, mainly I scumread his play but up until today I ignored that. Today is different, it seems odd that he says he's ok with me dying but he won't push my lynch
3) If you think Zipped is scum, what did he do to question Swamped?
4) Do you have more of a read on Ri after what he said this day phase?

cabot

I'll be honest right now, Sky is in the same territory as Zipped, I naturally scumread their play. The reason I have decided against Sky right now is because he's not pushing my lynch but also not arguing against it. It still feels like he's not trying to poke the bear in case it roars.

I guess he'll answer my posts pretty soon so we can get both sides.

cabot

Oh question NUMBER FIVE

5) If I was town, is there anything to read from Kyan's vote at D3 end where he put it on me and then said it was cause he wasn't there to process alternatives,

I believe in you OA.

Tell me who to lynch, right now and I'll do my best.

I think you should lynch mafia. Would be fantastic :D

Being honest, I hardly believe in myself lol

I generally don't like when people don't care when they vote between two different people like Ri'Orius did. Even if you think both could be scum, there should be one person that you believe could be even more. And if you think both aren't scum don't vote either! So Waffle also falls under my scrutiny (even if I'm cautious to call her scum right now). That along with how impersonal she talks about town bothers me. She's still my number 1 choice for an extra potential neutral.

Not sure whether Flame's increased activity is due to him being more interested in generating discussion or because he's covering for someone. Because he's seemed very off-hand before. Don't entirely agree with how he's making arguments either.

Swamped is Swamped as usual for me, I have disingenuous feelings from her. But I feel like anytime I play with her she's scum so I don't have any base for town play from her and she seems pretty similar from a past game (namely Gods) where I thought she was scum

This is the first time in a while though that Blarg has really rubbed me the wrong way. I usually think that he's town that's wasting everybody's time. Usually he isn't as aggressive as he is now and he's just been extra tunnelly too.

My scum list remains the same as it ever was:

cabot
SkyOdin
Ri'Orious
Zippedpinhead

Although, I've been starting to think that Waffle is Mafia because so far she's stuck to her seemingly deliberate below-the-radar playstyle since D1

but Zeusy's been much worse with regards to his seemingly senseless following of only the best inFAMOUS players

naaaahhh, the two are Town

SkyOdin

Okay, I will address all of the arguments you made against me, cabot. I was going to quote your posts, but formatting is a pain on mobile, so I will just reapond without quoting.

Now, you accused me of having a soft, wishy-washy stance on you. You have also accused me of wanting to see you lynched, but not having the guts to go through with it. I have no idea where you are getting these ideas. I was very clear on my stance: I have generally town read you across the length of the game, but some of your recent activity at the start of the day phase has made me question that.

If I thought you were scum at the end of day three, I would have voted for you. I was paying close attention to the thread and active in it during the entire lead up to the day's end. No one would have given me a second glance for voting for you, either. After all, a good chunk of the other players were also voting for you.

The reason I didn't vote for either you or Isaac was because I didn't think either of you were scum at the time. I have generally town read you most of this game for several reasons: you are active and driving conversation, you make good points I generally agree with, and your claim of commuter would be a bold strategy for a scum player to make. I was also pretty sure Isaac was town based on how he was reacting in those last few minutes of the game. Since I was pretty sure you were both town at the time, voting for one of the two of you essentially at random would have just interfered with the votes of people who were more certain than me. Also, I didn't want to muck up the vote at the last minute again.

Now, your next response is probably: "If you were so convinced I was town, why are you saying you are uncertain now?" The answer to that is simple. In short, I changed my opinion somewhat based on your early day 4 behavior. As I said earlier, it felt insincere. I haven't forgotten anime mafia at all, and I said as much earlier in the thread. Now, the only people who can be 100% certain about who is scum or not are the scum. Townies live in doubt and uncertainty. The only way for a townie to move forward is to always be reconsidering their own assumptions and preconceptions. It is natural and normal for townies to change their minds based on new information.

Now, you implied that my vote on Lone_Prodigy was based on weak reasoning, but it isn't just because he is a low activity poster. It is because it appears that he is being intentionally low activity. He has strictly stuck to making exactly 10 posts each day phase, and has openly spat on the spirit of the rule. However, it is pretty clear that he is closely following the thread. Now, I believe it was Swamped who said that such low activity isn't indicative of alignment for L_P, but that isn't a ringing endorsement of his town status. It feels like everyone has mostly been content to ignore L_P's existence entirely. Is that wise, though? Scum were on a multi-season winning streak by using a simple strategy of coasting through gameswhile the active townies devour each other. I have been endeavoring to reduce that blindspot.

So tell me cabot, do you think Lone_Prodigy is town or scum?

cabot

Okay, I will address all of the arguments you made against me, cabot. I was going to quote your posts, but formatting is a pain on mobile, so I will just reapond without quoting.

Now, you accused me of having a soft, wishy-washy stance on you. You have also accused me of wanting to see you lynched, but not having the guts to go through with it. I have no idea where you are getting these ideas. I was very clear on my stance: I have generally town read you across the length of the game, but some of your recent activity at the start of the day phase has made me question that.

If I thought you were scum at the end of day three, I would have voted for you. I was paying close attention to the thread and active in it during the entire lead up to the day's end. No one would have given me a second glance for voting for you, either. After all, a good chunk of the other players were also voting for you.

The reason I didn't vote for either you or Isaac was because I didn't think either of you were scum at the time. I have generally town read you most of this game for several reasons: you are active and driving conversation, you make good points I generally agree with, and your claim of commuter would be a bold strategy for a scum player to make. I was also pretty sure Isaac was town based on how he was reacting in those last few minutes of the game. Since I was pretty sure you were both town at the time, voting for one of the two of you essentially at random would have just interfered with the votes of people who were more certain than me. Also, I didn't want to muck up the vote at the last minute again.

Now, your next response is probably: "If you were so convinced I was town, why are you saying you are uncertain now?" The answer to that is simple. In short, I changed my opinion somewhat based on your early day 4 behavior. As I said earlier, it felt insincere. I haven't forgotten anime mafia at all, and I said as much earlier in the thread. Now, the only people who can be 100% certain about who is scum or not are the scum. Townies live in doubt and uncertainty. The only way for a townie to move forward is to always be reconsidering their own assumptions and preconceptions. It is natural and normal for townies to change their minds based on new information.

Now, you implied that my vote on Lone_Prodigy was based on weak reasoning, but it isn't just because he is a low activity poster. It is because it appears that he is being intentionally low activity. He has strictly stuck to making exactly 10 posts each day phase, and has openly spat on the spirit of the rule. However, it is pretty clear that he is closely following the thread. Now, I believe it was Swamped who said that such low activity isn't indicative of alignment for L_P, but that isn't a ringing endorsement of his town status. It feels like everyone has mostly been content to ignore L_P's existence entirely. Is that wise, though? Scum were on a multi-season winning streak by using a simple strategy of coasting through gameswhile the active townies devour each other. I have been endeavoring to reduce that blindspot.

So tell me cabot, do you think Lone_Prodigy is town or scum?

I think he's town, he's been too bold in the posts he has made to be scum

Flame_AC

At least it was reasonable points. You are right there was an air of excitement, though not exactly for the dark reason you might suspect. I felt like I had finally gotten someone scummy on their back foot and was trying to keep him reeling with rapid questioning.
Oh small point I forgot about Waffle: when I asked her about her Isaac vote she said she left it up even though she didn't think he was scum. Points for honesty I guess.
I dunno if that's something we should really let slide though. Sure, it was the honest answer, but that doesn't make it a good thing. She could have put her vote somewhere else, or at least unvoted if she didn't think he was scum.
Not sure whether Flame's increased activity is due to him being more interested in generating discussion or because he's covering for someone. Because he's seemed very off-hand before. Don't entirely agree with how he's making arguments either.
I see it as something catching a deeper interest than usual day-to-day scum hunting. What don't you agree with in regard to the way I my arguments? Just curious.

Flame_AC

Cabot, Blarg already stated why he unvoted a few posts above, he just didn't quote you, instead someone else. Your answer, though not a good one, is above and already there.

cabot

If you're not scum, there is just a fundamental disagreement of how this works.

I do not live in doubt and uncertainty. Not anymore. I learned quickly that it was a mistake to be uncertain. Scum have a reason to be uncertain because they know that someone is not-scum vs scum.

Town can be as sure in their reads as they have to, because they have no confirmed team to deal with, and that let's a free-ing amount of opinion to throw around.

Town reconsider their assumptions based on the flips that are given, because that is the pure truth. The pure truth are the flips. Sure, you can be wishy washy as Town, that's a play.

That's not my play though. I will go for my scum reads, or I will die trying. I sort of town read this post for its honesty and difference in opinion, but I need to re-read today's post to reconsider you as a lynch target.

In fairness, Blarg is doing his best to go front of the queue.

*Splinter

I dunno if that's something we should really let slide though. Sure, it was the honest answer, but that doesn't make it a good thing. She could have put her vote somewhere else, or at least unvoted if she didn't think he was scum.
It's an odd thing to have done, but I feel like scum would have tried harder to hide it. Just claim the Isaac read solidified throughout the day and then dredge up some reasoning to support that. Voting for someone you don't think is scum is a mistake, and scum are more concerned about their mistakes.

cabot

Cabot, Blarg already stated why he unvoted a few posts above, he just didn't quote you, instead someone else. Your answer, though not a good one, is above and already there.

can we fucking point directly to the post, cause i don't see it.

why not directly quote with some bold to make it easier for the drunk.

Flame_AC

It's an odd thing to have done, but I feel like scum would have tried harder to hide it. Just claim the Isaac read solidified throughout the day and then dredge up some reasoning to support that. Voting for someone you don't think is scum is a mistake, and scum are more concerned about their mistakes.

Yes, but if we wanna go down the WaffleTaco scum rabbit trail, then this is also someone who ignored a gossip chat. New scum can make simple mistakes like that.

cabot

I was lynch leader for most of the day until isaac's last 2 hour swing happened.

Blarg's reason is crap.

Try again.

Kyanrute

FYI Blarg + Ri would've meant a dead cabot (assuming no other switches). The idea that cabot lynch was going nowhere is laughable.

*Splinter

OK lover, let's do this.

1) When I flip town, what does that mean for Zeusy + Waffle?
2) Why do you think Sky is town? I have my own reasons, mainly I scumread his play but up until today I ignored that. Today is different, it seems odd that he says he's ok with me dying but he won't push my lynch
3) If you think Zipped is scum, what did he do to question Swamped?
4) Do you have more of a read on Ri after what he said this day phase?
1) I think they'll both still be townreads, although not as strongly. I have the extra reasoning for both in my last post. Zeusy would probably be closer to null.
2&4) I'll come back to Sky and Ri'orious later. I struggled to remember much specific on them during my reads post.
3) These are the posts from Zipped that stood out to me:
Also swamped. Getting a real scum vibe from her. Especially her defense and then pivot on her vote today so far.

She really lays into you but then pivots and drops a hot vote on Ri'Orius.

In fact I think I'll drop a vote on her to see is we can get more interaction.

vote: Swamped

I think she started with the whole catch up thing yesterday, it's largely why I gave it a pass. However, 2076 (her second to last post) she says Ri' is a blender. Then she gets asked about it, makes a joke (sensible, sensible). But then on first post of the new day she goes further into scum read territory.

Did him casting the last vote on someone we now know as town really put the scum vision on him? Just confusing to read and interpret. It could be just small post volume, but there could be something there. That's why my vote is there today. Pressure and time could cause scum to slip!
Seems to struggle to track the reasoning behind her vote/stance on Ri'orious. Just feels like a very natural way to be exploring Swamped's place in the game, and it's something I hadn't noticed myself. In comparison your own posts on Swamped felt like grasping at straws, looking at reasons to back up a pre-existing scumread.

Oh question NUMBER FIVE

5) If I was town, is there anything to read from Kyan's vote at D3 end where he put it on me and then said it was cause he wasn't there to process alternatives,
5) It's weird, I thought he had been townreading you before but maybe I mixed him up with Kalor.

...oh, I missed Kalor in my reads list.

cabot

OK, let's go through this shit again.

bkxpPQO.gif

reaction to splinter voting me after I called him out for not voting me even though he scumread me

UNVOTE: cabot

sigh

unvotes

From the tool:

ri'orius (1)
kalor 1699

bronx-man (1)
cabot 1700

isaacnukem (3)
waffletaco 1724
zippedpinhead 1802
flame_ac 2070

cabot (2)
blargonaut 1733 (1791)
kyanrute 1747 (1889)
blargonaut 1919 (2048)
*splinter 2044
swamped 2051

kyanrute (0)
blargonaut 1794 (1919)

zippedpinhead (1)
isaacnukem 1989

kalor (1)
kawl_usc 2005

flame_ac (0)
skyodin 2031 (2062)

lone_prodigy (1)
skyodin 2062

blargonaut (1)
zeusy 2072

Autocorrect or some slang I'm unfamiliar with? Even if it's autocorrect I have no idea what it was originally...

isaac 3-2 me, Blarg doesn't post again.

Day ends after shenanigans and Isaac dies.

My dying was far from lost at the point you unvoted.

lol I didn't have to come back Today and could've eaten the warning, but of course I did all for the sake of my 10-post quota fill in which I premeditated myself to draw vote-aggro off one of my old scum-reads Ri' via returning just in time to field a scumtell against me that was never brought up until I made myself the topic of conversation again

Top Bottom