• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

I don't understand this game.

I don't understand the concept of what we're trying to achieve here.

Where are the read lists

Where are the scumtells extrapolated

I even fuckin' Role-claimed like 2 pages ago and where are you

Who are the Mafia?

I'm not Mafia, I'm a Hipster

UNVOTE: *Splinter

VOTE: cabot

This game cannot continue with cabot. You should all know by now that this is a truth. I at least have tried to provide my Daily scum reads and analyses and keep them updated along. What has cabot contributed to this party except exponential fucktons of doubt?

cabot
Kalor
*Splinter

My final scum reads^

I do think Kyan is Town after the CCS shit, but if he capitalises on my read of him after my death, that's a scumtell

Pressure Zipped to justify his existence

Sky is shady

OceanicAir is the last "confirmed" Town, now that his Gossip group is empty and murdered he's probably next unless Mafia want to soft-frame him more

I don't know what to think about LP. Hammering makes me think he's Town

ANALYZE THE VOTE PATTERNS YOU FOOLS, CROSS-EXAMINE OVER DAYS

THAT'S THE SECRET

THE WAY TO REALLY WIN

AND WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE TOWN PRs

SAVE US

Blarg number two cuz he has had some bad day end votes. But generally been getting a more town-y vibe from him this game.

Splinter is pretty much a #feel based on #tunneling. Much like I would've wanted to lynch Bronx for being Bronx.

Now I'm trying to remember, what was wrong with the day end votes? Because our track record for lynching people because of votes like those is kinda poor.

I'd do it myself but I don't have time

Refer to my 'game-state' posts which I have ashamedly neglected to update for many Days now, sry

GG Mafia

The inFAMOUS players

04. [m] OceanicAir – TOWN GOSSIP
06. [m] Kyanrute - ??
10. [m] SkyOdin – ??
12. [m] cabot - "TOWN ODD-NIGHT COMMUTER"
13. [m] Blargonaut – TOWN CITIZEN
16. [m] Lone_Prodigy – ??
17. [m] *Splinter – ??
20. [m] Zippedpinhead – ??
22. [m] Kalor – ??

GAME OVER
15. [m] Timeaisis – N1: Seattle Hipster
19. [m] isaacnukem - D3 Lynch: Seattle Hipster
18. [m] Kawl_USC – N3: Seattle Hipster
02. [m] Zeusy – D5 Lynch: Seattle Hipster
01. [f] WaffleTaco - N5: Seattle Hipster
21. [m] Flame_AC – N5: Seattle Hipster

I'll be the SEVENTH Hipster to die

That's 7 Ordinary Citizens dead out of a total game of 23

9 players currently alive; minus me that's 8, then after Tonight sans Bronx that's 7 Tomorrow

Out of that 7 you got likely ~3 scum left; so 4 Town

If you mislynch Tomorrow you're fucked

lol what do you even know about each other? Where are your reads at? Look at the players, look at those unknowns

SkyOdin

SkyOdin what do you think of Kalor and LP
I've been heavily suspicious of LP all game, but no one else has been interested in supporting me on that. Now that he is posting more substantially, I hope to get more insight into his alignment.

I've found Kalor to be pretty scummy at times, but it is hard to form a solid opinion.

I think there is definitely scum hiding among the people with lower post counts. So I think there are good odds that at least one of the two is scum.

GAME OVER
23. [m] acohrs - D1: Reggie Rowe -Suicide Day Cop.
14. [m] Dusk Soldier – D1 Lynch: Nix - Town Vigilante
11. [m] AbsolutBro – N1: Trish Dailey - Doctor
08. [m] CCS - D2 Lynch: Sasha-Witch
07. [m] batsnacks – N2: Our Glorious Lady Betty - May She Rest in Peace
03. [m] Ri'Orius – N4: Celia Penderghast – Town Escapist
05. [m] TheGoddamn [f] Swamped - N4: The Beast - Scum
09. [m] Bronx-Man – Won - Fetch AKA Abigail Walker - Serial Killer

23 players.

7 dead Ordinaries (inc. me)
8 dead Power Roles so far (seen above)
15 dead

8 remain.

---

5 of those 8 are dead Town PRs; 5 out of 23 were Town PRs, 7 out of 23 were Town Ordinaries, 12 dead Town

2 were Neutral (so likely no more Neutrals left in the game)

1 was Mafia

---

add OA as Town PR (Gossip), that's 6/23 players = Town PRs

OA likely dies Tonight

7 remain: cabot, *Splinter, SkyOdin, Lone_Prodigy, Zippedpinhead, Kalor, Kyanrute.

1 had claimed PR (cabot "Town Odd-Night Commuter"); so with him, that's allegedly 8?/23 players = Town PRs, juxtaposed with 7/23 Town Ordinaries

8? Town Prs
7 Town Ordinaries
4 Mafia (1 already dead)
4 more Town

*Sp, Sky, LP, Zip, Kalor and Kyan have NO claims, 6 out of 7 going into Tomorrow are complete unknowns

7 players: 4 Town, 3 scum.
1 claims Town PR
6 are unknowns

Only Kyan has the tentative backing of a Neutral CCS to corroborate his non-killing Role since cabot didn't die when CCS allegedly moved Kyan against cabot.

So 1 PR-claimant and 1 Neutral-alleged non-kill-capable player... whose non-kill-capability is attested for by... the claim of the 1 PR-claimant

:/

I'm thinking Kyan and cabot are scum

*Splinter

This is all a bit calm for being probably a day from lylo. I am Concerned.

Lover where are you? Convince me I'm not making a horrible mistake.

Kyan. Your votes today. What is happening?

Zipped. ...Zipped?

I don't think I have any townreads left except Ocean, and even that's only based on his role.

I guess I still feel ok about Sky... I think he's opposing the inevitability of today's lynch? It's all a bit soft, but it's more than anyone else is doing.

Bleh. I'm staying on Blarg. I need answers damnit.

SkyOdin

Hmm... I didn't realize that the game ended today. I thought we would have more time, but it appears we are already in the final push for the day.

I don't know what to think of Blarg's PR math. Something about it doesn't add up. Do we really have so many PRs compared to ordinaries? On the other hand, Swamped had some really powerful abilities.

*Splinter

The PR math looks like a distraction tbh. How can we count PR's with so many still unclaimed? That's a discussion for lylo, after the mass claim.

SkyOdin

I am considering the possibility that cabot isn't actually a commuter. It seems like the only possible explanation for Bronx's missing kill, but is it? It just came to me that there is an option I missed: Bronx could have targeted the same target as the scum team. However, would Bronx have tried to shoot batsnacks or Kawl? He still needed a scum kill.

Nothing adds up.

SkyOdin

The PR math looks like a distraction tbh. How can we count PR's with so many still unclaimed? That's a discussion for lylo, after the mass claim.
I guess you are correct.

Tell me Splinter, are you convinced that one of cabot or Blarg must be scum, or do you think that scum is hiding among lower-activity posters?

*Splinter

I guess you are correct.

Tell me Splinter, are you convinced that one of cabot or Blarg must be scum, or do you think that scum is hiding among lower-activity posters?
I'm convinced Blarg is scum. Cabot could be but I'm doubting myself there. That leaves at least one more scum who could be low activity, I guess.

I'm not a fan of dividing posters into activity bands and proclaiming there must be scum in each. Only scum know where the scum are hiding, so it's an easy way to misdirect town.

The night kills, insofar as we can analyse them, seem to favour low activity players. If anything that points to no/fewer scum hiding amongst the inactive.

SkyOdin

I'm convinced Blarg is scum. Cabot could be but I'm doubting myself there. That leaves at least one more scum who could be low activity, I guess.

I'm not a fan of dividing posters into activity bands and proclaiming there must be scum in each. Only scum know where the scum are hiding, so it's an easy way to misdirect town.

The night kills, insofar as we can analyse them, seem to favour low activity players. If anything that points to no/fewer scum hiding amongst the inactive.
Why do you think Blarg is scum?

Earlier, you gave the reasoning that cabot was scum, and Blarg defended him, ergo Blarg is scum. Now, you are certain that Blarg is scum, but are uncertain about cabot. Why are you scumreading Blarg now? What is your argument for a Blarg lynch?

*Splinter

Why do you think Blarg is scum?

Earlier, you gave the reasoning that cabot was scum, and Blarg defended him, ergo Blarg is scum. Now, you are certain that Blarg is scum, but are uncertain about cabot. Why are you scumreading Blarg now? What is your argument for a Blarg lynch?
He didn't defend cabot, he just avoided the opportunity to lynch him. He's been claiming he wants Cabot dead for most of the game now, but every time it comes close to happening he shifts his focus elsewhere, only to go right back to Cabot in the next phase.

SkyOdin

He didn't defend cabot, he just avoided the opportunity to lynch him. He's been claiming he wants Cabot dead for most of the game now, but every time it comes close to happening he shifts his focus elsewhere, only to go right back to Cabot in the next phase.
Hmmm... okay, I understand that reasoning now.

I agree with Skyodin, that's a bit weird.
So you are saying blarg has been tunneling on Cabot because both of them are scum? Or are you saying that blarg tunneling is a symptom of him being scum and Cabot may or may not be scum.

SkyOdin

Does anyone have anything else to say? We still have half an hour to go.

Zippedpinhead, a few players were talking about how they thought you were the second killer the other day. That was cut short by the revelation that Bronx was the actual second killer, naturally, but it feels like you played along with those assumptions. Why? Were you hoping to shield the other killer by throwing off scum, or were you trying to benefit from the town cred?

*Splinter

I agree with Skyodin, that's a bit weird.
So you are saying blarg has been tunneling on Cabot because both of them are scum? Or are you saying that blarg tunneling is a symptom of him being scum and Cabot may or may not be scum.
The latter, I guess.

Town and scum can both have reasons to tunnel, the ridiculous thing is not following up when your target might be lynched. There's no reason for town to keep stringing it along like that.

The latter, I guess.

Town and scum can both have reasons to tunnel, the ridiculous thing is not following up when your target might be lynched. There's no reason for town to keep stringing it along like that.

What was the thing that switched you from a light town reading blarg at the beginning of the day to being gung-ho on killing him now?

*Splinter

What was the thing that switched you from a light town reading blarg at the beginning of the day to being gung-ho on killing him now?
I was skimming through yesterday trying to find where the Bronx train came from. I remember thinking at the time that it came out of nowhere, and Bronx flipping as the SK makes it seem fishy.

When I realised that Blarg was one of the driving forces of that vote, it also reminded me of the time earlier where Blarg had skipped out on lynching Cabot. Once could be a mistake, twice I'm less willing to ignore.

Day 3.

isaac had 7 votes and cabot had 5.

isaacnukem (7)
WaffleTaco 1724
Zippedpinhead 1802
Flame_AC 2070
Kalor 2080
OceanicAir 2089
Lone_Prodigy 2101
Ri'Orius 2106

3 flipped town, and 4 players still alive.

cabot (5)
*Splinter 2044
Swamped 2051
isaacnukem 2091
Kyanrute 2099
Kawl_USC 2114

1 flipped scum, 2 flipped town, and 2 players still alive.

Any of the isaac voters flipping to cabot would make it 6-6 and a tie. If we discount OA's vote as being town, that leaves LP, Kalor, and Zipped as three unknown voters that decided isaac's fate over cabot's. Could this be scum protecting scum cabot?

Day 4.

With cabot so close to being lynched last day, you would expect a closer vote. But Ri'Orius had 7 votes to cabot's 3.

Ri'Orius (7)
Swamped 2168
Kalor 2237
Kyanrute 2287
cabot 2478
OceanicAir 2518
WaffleTaco 2524
SkyOdin 2527

Kalor, Kyan, cabot, OA, and Sky are still alive.

cabot (3)
*Splinter 2156
Blargonaut 2481
Ri'Orius 2560

Splinter also voted for cabot D3.

Kalor and OA were on both isaac and Ri'Orius.

Blargonaut has died.

Another one bites the dust...

Seattle Hipster A.K.A Vanilla Town

Congratulations! Seattle welcomes you. You are town. So, the downside is you’re a hipster and only have the ability to VOTE, but, least you’re not scum. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

The game thread is HERE.

Night 6 Begins

Day 7 Begins iN...

pin_1504130400.png

DAY 6 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut (4) voted out
cabot 2997 3061
Kalor 3063
*Splinter 3117
Zippedpinhead 3148
cabot 3154

cabot (2)
Blargonaut 3041 3120
Kyanrute 3052 3091
cabot 3061 3135
Kyanrute 3129
Blargonaut 3155

*Splinter (1)
Kyanrute 3091 3129
Blargonaut 3120 3155
SkyOdin 3126

Kyanrute (0): Zippedpinhead 3123 3125

No active vote for Day 6: Lone_Prodigy, OceanicAir

Day 6 Postcount: *Splinter 25, Blargonaut 35, cabot 28, Kalor 11, Kyanrute 41, Lone_Prodigy 10, OceanicAir 12, SkyOdin 17, Zippedpinhead 11

Z7O8diX.jpg

You know what’s wrong the moment you wake.

It’s quiet.

From corner to corner in your cell.

You wait until midday, hoping (needing) to be wrong, but know in your gut you aren’t. The voice from the outside has been silenced.

The one voice in an ocean of liars that you could trust.

OceanicAir has died.

Voice of Survival – Gossip

Your voice will be heard…
It’s time to resist.

You are aligned with Town. And a bit of a Gossip.

During Night Zero (pre-game). PM the name of two players to me using the command Gossip: [Player A], [Player B]. They will be added to chat with yourself, The Voice of Survival. However, should you die the signal will be lost.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

The game thread is HERE.

The gossip thread is HERE.
_____

Day 7 Begins

DAY ENDs

iN...

pin_1504389600.png

Kalor

Getting rid of the person who could be vouched for. After Blargs lynch I'm struggling to trust my judgement on anyone.

SkyOdin

Maybe now is a good time to consider lynching an inactive?

I know that everyone in this game has been adhering to a general policy that post activity isn't indicative of alignment, but we have a bunch of posters in the thread who have been ignored from the start as a result of that policy. No one has voted for them. No one has pressured them. No one has questioned them. Maybe, just maybe, we should be concerned about that?

Maybe now is a good time to consider lynching an inactive?

I know that everyone in this game has been adhering to a general policy that post activity isn't indicative of alignment, but we have a bunch of posters in the thread who have been ignored from the start as a result of that policy. No one has voted for them. No one has pressured them. No one has questioned them. Maybe, just maybe, we should be concerned about that?

Well all that's left are 10-20 posters and Three actives (Cabot, *splinter and Kyanrute).

So odds are we lynch an inactive anyway. I mean are we really going to beat Cabot up in posts again? I feel like even with blarg showing up as town Cabot is still town as well.

who would you vote for if you had to right now?

But don't really vote, again we have to assume mylo or lylo

SkyOdin

I'm not sure yet. I was planning on doing some research first. I'll get back to you with some more solid reads before long.

SkyOdin

I'm thinking Splinter is scum. Pressuring cabot almost all game, yet he jumps to Blarg when he starts getting votes.
Okay...

Who else do you think is scum? We are probably in mylo or lylo, and we have more than one scum left. We can't afford to tunnel in one one person today. Even if we hit scum today, we still need to generate conversation about other people to help us as much as possible tomorrow.

Top Bottom