• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands |S2| Live Action Anime w/ Chi Warrior Megazord | Sundays on AMC

Volimar

You know, I love the over the top action, but I don't think I care much for the extra blood they seem to throw in every fight this season. Feels like they're trying to capitalize on Walking Dead's gore factor.

Mrbob

I'm hoping some of these characters get together because I feel like the second season is trying to juggle too many plot points.

You know, I love the over the top action, but I don't think I care much for the extra blood they seem to throw in every fight this season. Feels like they're trying to capitalize on Walking Dead's gore factor.
Yeah I agree.

Ryder's arrogance will be his downfall. The Widow is a killing machine, but she still takes advice from Wheelchair Lang.

It was cool seeing his mom put in work. Ungrateful hippies though.

I have a feeling MK will learn an unpleasant truth about who is responsible for his mom's death.

Location shots continue to look great and I love the amount of color the show is filled with.

Some really great shots in the MK battle. Every time it was on evil MK it had the autumn leaves and on the good one it was spring. That and the yin and yang during the fight.

Another good episode with a fantastic fight at the beginning. I think this is my favourite tv show at the moment. As a Hong Kong action cinema fan I never have thought of Daniel Wu as a martial artist rather a guns blazing guy. He really impressed me

Wow. Just finished season 1, and I felt like a kid when Sunny put his two swords together in the finale to make that double blade. I was all like "Holy shit! Awwwww yeeee."

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD Ratings

Season 1

Episode 1 - 6.4 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 4.8 million viewers and a 2.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 2.2 million viewers and a 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 2.2 million viewers and a 0.8 A18-49 rating

Season 2

Episode 1 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.5 A18-49 rating

Ratings were actually up from the premiere, which is something that rarely happens.

Hyun Sai

What always kills me is the slaves working in a labor camp and ending up like Frost. The character is great, but it's even more ridiculous than the mystical magic stuff ^^

I know breaking that bowl was just to show his anger, but I couldn't help but think "Isn't she going to make him clean up that mess?". You ain't just going to break my shit and leave.

Lol glad I wasn't the only one. I was like dude, the master of this place just made you some food and you've just smashed it across her house/apartment.

Liked the yin yang in the MK, Evil MK fight. Would rather the actual fights didn't go too supernatural heavy but I let that fight off because it was a fever dream thing. Not that the yin yang was necessary supernatural but a lot of that fight definitely was.

dabig2

Some really great shots in the MK battle. Every time it was on evil MK it had the autumn leaves and on the good one it was spring. That and the yin and yang during the fight.

Best part of the episode was the framing of the mirror room as homage to Enter the Dragon.

Yeah, I really digged what they did here. Hats off to the production. That MK fight with himself was better than the entirety of Iron Fist (I expect most of the fights on this show to be better than the entirety of Iron Fist)

Didn't even know this was back on! What a long wait that was.

First episode was pretty badass. That Widow fight was amazing. I feel like they've leveled Sonny down for plot reasons. The Sonny from last season could've taken out all the guards without breaking a sweat. I did enjoy the head guy at the prison camp though.

MK is even worse than last season. He's approaching Hayden Christensen levels.

Second episode was kind of a snoozer. No good fights and a lot of really slow-moving plots.

Best part of the episode was the framing of the mirror room as homage to Enter the Dragon.

Yup, almost too on the nose. And I'm not sure if I was The Master I'd want to give some angst-ridden teenager a hallucinogen and set him loose in a room full of mirrors, considering mirrors are probably a limited and expensive item in the post-apocalypse.

Coxy100

Banned
Didn't even know this was back on! What a long wait that was.

First episode was pretty badass. That Widow fight was amazing. I feel like they've leveled Sonny down for plot reasons. The Sonny from last season could've taken out all the guards without breaking a sweat. I did enjoy the head guy at the prison camp though.

MK is even worse than last season. He's approaching Hayden Christensen levels.

Second episode was kind of a snoozer. No good fights and a lot of really slow-moving plots.

Yup, almost too on the nose. And I'm not sure if I was The Master I'd want to give some angst-ridden teenager a hallucinogen and set him loose in a room full of mirrors, considering mirrors are probably a limited and expensive item in the post-apocalypse.
What? Levelled Sonny down?

Not started season 2 yet but it's a shame if they've done that - I loved how bad ass he was (apart from those super cheating monks) nobody could touch him

Sou Da

Just caught up on this.

Why the fuck is Quinn still alive?

I mean this in three ways too: How on earth did he survive being run through? How on earth has the tumor not killed him yet? Why won't the writers just let this guy go?

I feel like they think they have another Lionel Luthor character on their hands and they don't, Quinn is awful.

xezuru

Showerthoughts: I just realized the entire first season was the exact opposite notion presented by the show title "Enter the Badlands"

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Red Sun, Silver Moon

Sunny and Bajie encounter a dangerous foe who knows Sunny all too well. Elsewhere, the Widow prepares for a deadly showdown; and MK learns a terrible secret.

Top Bottom