• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italy: 3DS is the fastest selling Nintendo console during the first 10 months EVER

Gambit

Mario is amusing.

Mario-Monti-italy-007.jpg

It's a me, Monti!

LeleSocho

Banned
Ma così poche console si vendono in Italia? :|

ancora deve uscire il pezzotto allora si che ci sarà il boom :D

witchedwiz we are in the same situation i bought it with the mediaworld deal at 120€ and bought MK7 because i always pick a game if i have a console but i barely played it 5 hours and now it's on the shelf with a lot of dust :/ can't wait for paper mario

fernoca

It also goes to show that chart positioning and numbers from the PAL charts are not good barometers of "bomba" for 3DS; like with the recent Resident Evil Revelations supposed "bomba" in the UK.

Italy's population is around 60 million and in the first 10 months the 3DS is 243k+ units (and the fastest selling one for that period of time).
UK's population is around 62 million; so maybe the 3DS is around 300k; or heck maybe less or closer to 240k (seeing how UK hasn't talked about sales...yet).

EDIT:
Checking around the 3DS could be around 500k in UK; which means that for Revelations to chart higher it should've sold between 100k-200k units; which is close to 50% of the current users and not many games (if any) are able to do that.

EDIT 2:
Meh! Scratch that, many conflicting numbers. :p

Both Mario kart 7 and Super Mario land 3D have been in the Italian top 10 since early December, so allegedly 3DS has been the best selling console in Italy throughout holidays season.

Takao

Banned
Also that "Nintendo is d00med!!!" meme is a bannable offense IIRC, so those who did that might want to be wary.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I wish we'd get some figures for Greece. I don't think my 3DS is broken, yet I'm not getting any StreetPass hits. I recall someone claimed it was pretty successful in one of the Media Create threads.

Does it really matter? 3DS had a great December but the market is extremely small and things will get worse. LTD of Wii is comparable to this number for 10 months in Italy and DS the double.

Mdk7

Yeah, i worked at GameStop for Xmas, and the 3DS was selling like hotcakes.
We'll see how Vita will do around here, but i'm not that optimistic.

Mdk7

Let's hope FIFA for Vita is good.

I've already preordered a Vita, for what that matters, but I feel like I'm the only one in my city. :p

Same here, i preordered a Vita last week (just like i did with the 3DS at day one).
My ass still hurts, yet i never, EVER learn... Launch day is just too hard to resist for me. :/

It also goes to show that chart positioning and numbers from the PAL charts are not good barometers of "bomba"

Actually, if you look at PAL December2011/January2012 charts, Mario kart 7 and SMB3DLand have performed very well in Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands and Norway(or was it Sweden?), so it's hardly surprising also hardware has sold there good numbers as well.

On the other hand 3DS has been performing not so well in UK for some reason, in fact Mario kart 7 and SM3DLand underperformed in British charts.

Trying to find an explanation for these poor figures, the most plausible argument I can come up with is that in UK retail sales are not important, and those charts do not include sales figures from websites such as Amazon, Play or supermarkets such as Tesco or Asda, that way it would make sense to me.

nikatapi

I wish we'd get some figures for Greece. I don't think my 3DS is broken, yet I'm not getting any StreetPass hits. I recall someone claimed it was pretty successful in one of the Media Create threads.

I guess it was pretty succesful during the holiday period, since all the stores in my town (Volos) had sold out both MK7 and SML3D.
Maybe people don't take their 3DS with them...

Back on topic, it is pretty impressive how much the price drop and release of great titles changed the 3DS sales, and i hope Nintendo will be able to keep up and release good games with a steady flow.

Che è, il raduno di Gamesvillage?

Anyway, still on the fence. Can't decide between 3DS and Vita. Of course, announcing Ghost Trick 2 on 3DS may help...
...we'll never see a Ghost Trick sequel, I'm afraid.
:(

Truth101

Banned
That's just the italian equivalent of
"it sucks anyway"

Hardly trolling, just my not-particularly-kind opinion about the 3DS. And a joke.

That is the definition of trolling, Junior.

[sarcasm] Hey the 360 was the best selling console this year, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a piece of shit. [/sarcasm]

See, it isn't funny. It does nothing but derail the topic, and draw attention to your irrelevant statement. I would say opinion but even bad opinions have some sort of relevance.

It's nice to see that 3DS sales are taking off in this country but... il vero videogioco Made in Italy deve ancora arrivare!! 2015 CREDICI!!

(The real Made in Italy videogame still must be made!! 2015 BELIEVE!!)

g.r.e.

Is the comment under spoiler allowed? Just asking.

For those who cannot speak Italian, it says "(3DS) still remains a shitty console"
Aaw, c'mon, that "demmerda" is clearly ironic. Nobody would use "demmerda" to state a serious opinion.
It's nice to see that 3DS sales are taking off in this country but... il vero videogioco Made in Italy deve ancora arrivare!! 2015 CREDICI!!

(The real Made in Italy videogame still must be made!! 2015 BELIEVE!!)
What are you talking about? D:

Sentenza

That is the definition of trolling, Junior.

[sarcasm] Hey the 360 was the best selling console this year, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a piece of shit. [/sarcasm]

See, it isn't funny. It does nothing but derail the topic, and draw attention to your irrelevant statement. I would say opinion but even bad opinions have some sort of relevance.
Or - WAIT, HEAR THIS SHOCKING, GROUNDBREAKING IDEA - you could just get over it instead of blowing it out of proportion.
It was just a half-serious, subjective comment, no need to make dramas about it, "senior".

Italy has good taste.
Usually, when it comes to games... Not really, not at all.

In fact you can check the sale charts every single week, here in Italy, and you can always expect to see the most uninteresting things on its top. And yet, to be honest I don't expect other countries to be particularly different.

eso76

Italians...
Lurking, blending in with the english speaking crowd and popping up in threads with 'Italy' in the title where they immediately start speaking a language no one else understands, brofisting each other.

Seriously. I haven't seen any other ethnicity do the same on GAF.

Trovo che ciò sia molto maleducato.
In other words...avete...abbiamo rotto il Caaaaa.. !! :)

Top Bottom