• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie Season 2 - Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW - Ready for Seconds?

First season was amazing! Also, there are far too many shows on Tuesdays. Gotdamn. And the worst part is I have no DVR. I think I'll be watching this first, though. I'll have to find some way to catch Agents of Shield and Scream Queens later.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
First season was amazing! Also, there are far too many shows on Tuesdays. Gotdamn. And the worst part is I have no DVR. I think I'll be watching this first, though. I'll have to find some way to catch Agents of Shield and Scream Queens later.

Might want to think about a Hulu subscription. They put all the shows up at 3am EST, same night it airs. It's how I keep up with my shows.

Yeah, it feels like everyday is packed with good shows. iZombie is the highlight for me tonight.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
6STv4J5.png

Oh what a day, what a lovely lovely day!

Killer of the episode was that dude from Veronica Mars who sold those college exams back in season 3 and fell in love with a whore.

anaron

omg this dog scene T_T

old fuck deserved it tbh

ETA: damnit Major Nooooooo

and mighty fine roommate reveal at the end there. they're setting up some very cool stuff.

I've missed this show so much.

I miss having loaded Tuesdays like this. It's been far too long.

Loaded? Only three shows is a slow night for me. I'm at six shows for Tuesday right now (Flash/iZombie/Shield/Scream Queens/Bastard Executioner/Frontline) and Manhattan will bump that up to seven next week.

Tuesday is the new Sunday as far as how many shows I DVR.

Back on topic. The premiere was great.

Great premiere, grumpy old Liv, wow...

And Major going dark and with the enemy too while Blaine continues to be a scheming asshole looking to probably get his zombiness back.

TripOpt55

Great premiere. I thought grumpy old guy Liv might be a bit boring, but I was so wrong. She had some hilarious lines because of that brain.

-“He’s a teenager, not a bear. Pretend you got a pair and speak up son.”
-“You do all these paint by numbers or you have a slow nephew or something?” “No I found them at a gallery.” “Were they in the garbage?”
-“Did they find the guy who did that to your hair or is he still at large?”

Though this exchange between Liv and Blaine was my favorite:

-“Somewhere. Out there. Major Lilywhite, the most presciently named zombie of all-time roams the Earth.” “Whitey Shamblemore begs to differ.”

The ending with Major was pretty dark, but interesting. That chick being Liv's roommate is less interesting, but I trust these writers to make it all work. Also Rose McIver is as cute as ever. I love her.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Awesome premiere. Major is going down a dark road. Never would have expected his character to go through so much when he was first introduced.

Drama is about to go supernova with Liv's new roommate. The writers are keeping the danger right next to Liv.

Also, I think this was the first case where I felt a little bad for the killer. One second and he messed up his life.

Great premiere! Shocked to learn the identity of Liv's new roomie.

Wasn't expecting that to happen with Major. Sets up an interesting road with him at least.

Football (Soccer) helped solved a murder. Truly the greatest sport ;)

Hamlet

Great start to the season and why Major why :(
Pretty interesting dark direction they're taking with him and that reveal at the end with Liv's new roommate was also pretty neat.
Blaine is also still a joy to watch.

Lashley

So glad its back.

How the hell are we still on page 2? How is this show not more popular?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
So glad its back.

Yeah, that's a damn shame. I'm pretty sure this was the best premiere of the season. Trying to think of a returning show with a better premiere, but coming up short. All of the characters are so well-defined by now (excluding Clive), so it was pretty easy for the episode to dive back into things without missing a beat. By the end of last season, Major had become one of the best characters on television, and it looks like Rob Thomas and co. are determined not to let that end anytime soon. David Anders and Steven Weber are still killing it as unbelievably charismatic villains and Rose MacIver continues to breath life into her character despite the whole zombie thing.

Watch this show, people. It's freaking awesome. Great premiere and I am excited to see what the rest of the year has in store.

Nabs

Amazing opening. It felt like the show never left.

"You're one of the good ones" damn near made me lose it.

"Dumb, dumb zombie."

-MD-

I don't get the "you're one of the good ones" line?

The guy hitting on her was black and when Clive stuck up for her she replied with "you're one of the good ones". He took it as racism, which is why he shot her a weird look and walked away.

Meier

So glad its back.

The title of it really kills interest for a lot of people I think. If you recommended a show to me called iZombie and I didn't know it was from Rob Thomas I'd probably laugh at you.

Great premiere, glad it's back. Some very interesting twists there at the end.

I don't get the "you're one of the good ones" line?

It was very much in line what an old racist white person might say to a black person they didn't hate since they got to know them.

Lashley

The guy hitting on her was black and when Clive stuck up for her she replied with "you're one of the good ones". He took it as racism, which is why he shot her a weird look and walked away.

It was very much in line what an old racist white person might say to a black person they didn't hate since they got to know them.

Oh!

El Topo

Good premiere. I really enjoyed it. Everyone has their own plots and conflicts, the humor was fairly acceptable and the case of the week was interesting enough. Pleasantly surprised.

JustinBB7

Man amazing first episode, so many good jokes too. The star wars slam was hilarious.

I even liked the phantom menace (at least back then I did)

It was meant as racism from the guys brain she ate. Obviously Liv doesn't think that though.

Top Bottom