• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iZombie Season 2 - Tuesdays 9/8c on The CW - Ready for Seconds?

Solid premiere. Do we know how Max Rager guy
got the recordings?
or has the roommate been there awhile? I might have missed a bit of the opening exposition.

Philippo

Best Villain ever Blaine back as a death care guy?
Ravi the Best Bro ever?
Hot af red head secretary now a main character?
10/10 as always, this show never dissapoints.

Also, Major going always darker feels like he belongs to a whole other movie lol

anaron

I forgot to mention how happy I am that Evan (Liv's bro) is alive. That was a cliffhanger I genuinely had no idea where it would go and either direction would've made for an equally strong storyline.

I'm very pleased they went with the livelier route, though.

Great premiere. Felt bad about the killer of the week.

Blaine is slimy and great as always. I hope the Max Rager dude gets eaten by zombies. The secretary being Liv's new roommate didn't shock me.

But Major's new storyline? That threw me for a loop. I refuse to believe it is what it looks like. No way Major killed that father. I think he faked it and he's playing the long game against Max Rager.

So I just started this on Netflix. Hooked. Helps a lot that I'm developing a crush on Rose McIver. I'll be marathoning this tomorrow to catch up to season 2.

Goodstyle

Great premiere. Felt bad about the killer of the week.

Really? You feel bad for a guy who's willing to murder somebody over a (possibly) dead pet?

Also, I'm not sure how Major is supposed to be able to fake killing that dad. I mean, if he didn't kill him and someone from Max Rager finds out, Liv is dead and so is he. Why would he take that kind of risk?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Best Villain ever Blaine back as a death care guy?
Ravi the Best Bro ever?
Hot af red head secretary now a main character?
10/10 as always, this show never dissapoints.

Also, going always darker feels like he belongs to a whole other movie lol

Lol yeah, Major gets shit on so much in Season 1, it became comical. Lost his job, got beat up, went to jail, got beat up in jail, got beat up in his house, went to a mental institution, etc. But it made the season finale sooooooo satisfying.

Philippo

Lol yeah, Major gets shit on so much in Season 1, it became comical. Lost his job, got beat up, went to jail, got beat up in jail, got beat up in his house, went to a mental institution, etc. But it made the season finale sooooooo satisfying.

Add to that getting killed and turning into a zombie and then back to human, he's like the most unlucky guy on the planet lol

But yeah, he becoming a badass zombie hunter feels a bit exaggerated.

anaron

He was put into a rage by the guy and stepped on a lever. It wasn't a premeditated murder.
exactly. and the guy was hiding his dog so why wouldn't he freak out?

(not excusing murder! just that the dude was incredibly sympathetic in his mistake)

Certinty

Great episode to start the season, only downside is I already miss Peyton even though she was never in the show much anyway. :(

woodland

Just caught up on the first season on Netflix (almost done I think) and man
why do they always pansy out, not kill the villain, then he kills someone cool. Aka Liv's zombie boyfriend.

Just caught up on the first season on Netflix (almost done I think) and man
why do they always pansy out, not kill the villain, then he kills someone cool. Aka Liv's zombie boyfriend.

Probably obvious but killing the villain early in the storyline kind of removes all the conflict and leaves the writers with nowhere to go.

Razmos

Loved the premier, really funny and I like the direction the story is headed.

Old Man Liv was amazing, as was the usual banter between Liv and Ravi.
"Bro's before h- ex fiances!"

Felt really bad for the killer in this episode, one mistake, one moment that ruined his life. What made it even sadder was when he was saying goodbye to his dog, hold me.

It felt like the show never went away, and I still missed it immensely, it just sort of hit me as soon as the intro started. Bring on the rest of the season!

P.S: I'm still laughing at "Whitey Shamblemore"

somedevil

Man how much lower can major go? Right now is being blackmailed and has become a killer of innocent zombies who now does drugs.

OP5PSzH.gif
ePvDhVT.gif

ruVBNe8.gif

Hamlet

Really fun episode, but man man Major's downward spiral just keeps getting worse and worse. He can only take so much iZombie writers :(
Loved the Taxi driver's response to Ravi blatantly talking about Zombies though heh and also Major boasting how he can get a bazooka in 15minutes.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fun episode, liked it even more than the premiere. I loved how Major threw Liv's phone out since he knew it was bugged. Also, much like Season 1, he is going to dark places. Killing the family man zombie is weighing on him hard.

This might have been one of my favorite Brain of the Weeks. We don't get to see Liv have fun with them too much, so there were some great moments.

I wonder if we're going to get sympathetic killers every week. That didn't happen too often in Season 1, but we've gotten twice in a row in Season 2.

Top Bottom