• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

ibiBPrPhzo2Ced.gif

That commentary was worse than the normal commentary, and I didn't think that was possible

It's five matches. Five.

I have no doubt that the matches themselves could/will be good, but if I'm a fan who's on the fence with this PPV, I'm not buying it based on these five matches.

Builds:
Wyatts vs. Usos - Usos are friends of Cena, so Wyatts must crush them. Usos win.
Rusev vs. Big E - Preacher E doesn't like Rusev talking smack about 'merica. Rusev wins.
Naomi vs. Paige - Where did this come from? Paige retains.
Contract ladder - Rollins FTW. Good heat between him and Ambrose.
Title ladder - Cena wins LOL.

I see it as quality over quantity. I'd rather have five matches that'll get decent time and probably be good than get eight matches in which two are rushed or brushed over because they need time for the main events.

Alucard

Banned
don't worry, I'm a Paige and NXT fan and I don't even know

"Hey look! A random girl coming out to congratulate AJ! Who is this chick? She looks kind of cool."

"Oh shit! She beat AJ for the title! Random young girl with black hair just beat AJ!"

"Man, she looks really emotional in this backstage segment. This must mean a lot to her."

"So...her parents were in the wrestling business?...or something?..."

"Huh...she just got her ass beat for the majority of that match and then won with one move."

"I...I...guess she's kind of cool, still. She looks the part, for sure. And hey, she's got a cool-looking finisher."

"What the fuck, she keeps botching shit."

"WHO IS THIS GIRL? JUST...WHO THE FUCK IS SHE?!"

"GET THIS ANNOYING GIRL OFF COMMENTARY NOW."

Alucard

Banned
I see it as quality over quantity. I'd rather have five matches that'll get decent time and probably be good than get eight matches in which two are rushed or brushed over because they need time for the main events.

It's a three-hour PPV. You're going to get 25 minutes of celebrity panel analysis on this thing for sure.

"Hey look! A random girl coming out to congratulate AJ! Who is this chick? She looks kind of cool."

"Oh shit! She beat AJ for the title! Random young girl with black hair just beat AJ!"

"Man, she looks really emotional in this backstage segment. This must mean a lot to her."

"So...her parents were in the wrestling business?...or something?..."

"Huh...she just got her ass beat for the majority of that match and then won with one move."

"I...I...guess she's kind of cool, still. She looks the part, for sure. And hey, she's got a cool-looking finisher."

"What the fuck, she keeps botching shit."

"WHO IS THIS GIRL? JUST...WHO THE FUCK IS SHE?!"

"GET THIS ANNOYING GIRL OFF COMMENTARY NOW."

I feel like you jumped from Paige to Cameron at the end there. Paige's problem on commentary wasn't that she was annoying, it's that she wasn't saying anything at all.

charsace

For the record, Brock stiffed Cena pretty hard in that match in the first place. Busted him open the hard way early with some ground and pound and as I keep mentioning, they literally had to stop the match to glue Cena back together. I mean, if that wasn't Brock working stiff, I'm not sure how Brock working stiff would be distinguishable from Brock getting the better of an opponent back in the UFC.

Those were accidental. Go and look at what Brock did to Big Show and Albert. Both guys tried to sandbag him in matches and in both instances he threw each guy around like a sack of shit.

Brock had vicious ground and pond in MMA. And he had the type of power that allowed him to break a guys eye socket with mediocre looking straight. If he was aiming to really stiff Cena in their match while on top of him Cena would have probably been KO'ed.

Alucard

Banned
I feel like you jumped from Paige to Cameron at the end there. Paige's problem on commentary wasn't that she was annoying, it's that she wasn't saying anything at all.

I hate to say it, but the WWE could actually learn a thing from TNA on building characters through pre-recorded segments that show them outside of the ring and in real life.

Worked for:
-Gunner
-Knux (kind of)

If the WWE wants to be current, I think they could incorporate more reality TV into their shows quite easily. Just do the American Idol "hanging out at home and here's why I'm doing this thing I love" segments.

Those were accidental. Go and look at what Brock did to Big Show and Albert. Both guys tried to sandbag him in matches and in both instances he threw each guy around like a sack of shit.

Brock had vicious ground and pond in MMA. And he had the type of power that allowed him to break a guys eye socket with mediocre looking straight. If he was aiming to really stiff Cena in their match while on top of him Cena would have probably been KO'ed.

iCTLaFr39RF3U.gif

I hate to say it, but the WWE could actually learn a thing from TNA on building characters through pre-recorded segments that show them outside of the ring and in real life.

Worked for:
-Gunner
-Knux (kind of)

If the WWE wants to be current, I think they could incorporate more reality TV into their shows quite easily. Just do the American Idol "hanging out at home and here's why I'm doing this thing I love" segments.

I don't think it worked for Knux, but mainly because those segments didn't flow together or make any sense. I do think they can be effective if done right though.

dream

Nxt fans are morons. They also liked Adam Rose. And Emma.

Truer words have never been spoken in this thread. NXT fans truly are the worst. They're like TNA fans, but they actually have the ability to influence WWE decisions, which makes them very dangerous because WWE, as an entity, is such a mark for NXT.

Worked for:
-Gunner
-Knux (kind of)

Yeah that's how I see GFW going. I'd be interested in watching something like that to be honest, like a fake-Tough Enough/Ultimate Fighter style personal story type of thing.

Believe.

I honestly hope GFW takes this approach. I think they might with the Biggest Loser dude on board.

I refuse to have any excitement for GFW until it actually runs a show/gets a TV deal. The concept stuff Jeff is talking about, like the partnerships with AAA and NJPW, are cool, but until he actually starts running shows it's just talk.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Looking at the results, sounds like I missed as generic of a Raw as you can get.

A divas feud which no one will care about to set up another divas feud in which nobody cares about. And which none of the blame will go to the champion for no one being interested because NXT.
A tag team feud between teams I've already seen wrestle a dozen times.
Clusterfuck main event just so Reigns can get his Greatest Hits in.
Vickie's gone but nobody cares because she's already had a decreased presence for months now
Generic midcard thing(Swagger beats Kofi)
Generic midcard thing(Wade beats Dolph)
Kane in 2014

Alucard

Banned
I refuse to have any excitement for GFW until it actually runs a show/gets a TV deal. The concept stuff Jeff is talking about, like the partnerships with AAA and NJPW, are cool, but until he actually starts running shows it's just talk.

For sure. I agree 100%. I'm still looking forward to seeing what it actually ends up being, though.

Honestly, I want reality wrestling...I want to see guys talking about their lives while wearing sweats with grass and blue skies in the background. I wanna see guys working out at the gym and visiting their families. I wanna see TNA Sanada-like segments of guys waking up early, training, and talking about why they're doing what they're doing. I could really get into that because I think I'd find it inspiring. Of course, once that's out of the way, the guys still have to deliver in the ring.

For those who think everything TNA does is shit, check out these fantastic Sanada hype videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FLEsE_XZbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FLEsE_XZbA

Both together will only take 4 minutes of your time.

Sblargh

Banned
Nxt fans are morons. They also liked Adam Rose. And Emma.

They got lucky with Bo Dallas but really they just booed him so hard to credit them there.

That's trolling. NXT is the best weekly hour of wrestling right now. You sound as if WWE booking ruining characters through horrible booking is some rare occurance. Everything that made those people over in NXT is forgotten and botched as soon as they are called up.

I mean, this is the company that killed Daniel Bryan's momentum with a Kane feud after how incredibly over he already was. They are so amazingly incompetent, that after decades of experience, they can't book their champion right.

NXT has a gimmicky style, it is cartoony and over the top, but it never fails delivering high quality matches. You may not like the style, but calling people moron for enjoying some of the best wrestling it can be seen today is, again, just trolling.

This is what pisses me off. Those hit and run posts of "this thing you like is stupid" that ends in a circle jerk of people congratulating themselves for being unfunny fucks.

charsace

Truer words have never been spoken in this thread. NXT fans truly are the worst. They're like TNA fans, but they actually have the ability to influence WWE decisions, which makes them very dangerous because WWE, as an entity, is such a mark for NXT.

NXT is booked better than the WWE. Everyone has storylines and relationships that the WWE really lacks right now. A lot of NXT people are and will fail with the way WWE currently does things.

Reigns was lucky that Vince cared about him being a main event guy so he got two great talents to coach him and carry him whenever he was on a WWE show. Which was actually a bad thing because even though he got over he's mediocre at best at most things and is terrible as singles wrestler and after 4 years he can't call a singles match or wrestle more than 5 minutes without gassing. Bryan and Punk couldn't get a good match out of him. He is the only Shield member that isn't getting singles matches on a regular basis since the break up. People that understand wrestling must see that he isn't ready. If Vince had treated him like other NXT talents and just thrown him in random matches and given him no interviews he would have bombed.

Looking at the TNA taping results, I really think that TNA saw that
Sanada had the X Division belt and thought "Shit, we can't have him challenging for the world title!" and then immediately had Aries take it off him before Destination X.

Vylash

Sanada had the X Division belt and thought "Shit, we can't have him challenging for the world title!" and then immediately had Aries take it off him before Destination X.

lol, i was wondering what they were gonna do about that

That's trolling. NXT is the best weekly hour of wrestling right now. You sound as if WWE booking ruining characters through horrible booking is some rare occurance. Everything that made those people over in NXT is forgotten and botched as soon as they are called up.

I mean, this is the company that killed Daniel Bryan's momentum with a Kane feud after how incredibly over he already was. They are so amazingly incompetent, that after decades of experience, they can't book their champion right.

NXT has a gimmicky style, it is cartoony and over the top, but it never fails delivering high quality matches. You may not like the style, but calling people moron for enjoying some of the best wrestling it can be seen today is, again, just trolling.

This is what pisses me off. Those hit and run posts of "this thing you like is stupid" that ends in a circle jerk of people congratulating themselves for being unfunny fucks.

This thread has been seeing more and more of that lately, coincidentally every time dream is around

You're a better person than me cause I wouldn't waste my time responding to that shit.

Alucard

Banned

Agreed. Let's have some positivity in here, bros.

Was a good show - and I am in easily annoyed mode these days.

No, it was pretty good again but I doubt it will change your mind.

it wasn't that terrible, tbh. Some good shit in there, almost all of it in the second hour. overall, it was fairly mediocre, which is a step up from usual

it was seriously great

Dammit, either RAW was good or you guys are working a great angle together. Maybe I'll watch Smackdown this week and let it recap RAW for me. Unless I just watch the second hour. So little time.

Agreed. Getting worse too. But can't say too much. Some might think we are "apologists who own WWE stock."

Alucard

Banned

Well, this sucks. Way to hype a guy and then just kill him by taking him off TV for like a month and then have him drop the title randomly. So shitty. :-/ They did something similar to Manik. Poor guy.

Well, this sucks. Way to hype a guy and then just kill him by taking him off TV for like a month and then have him drop the title randomly. So shitty. :-/ They did something similar to Manik. Poor guy.

TNA is worse with Japanese talent than WWE is. TNA pretends to care. At least WWE is upfront about it. TNA had fucking Okada and they still managed to make him look like an idiot.

Top Bottom