• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Vylash

Well, this sucks. Way to hype a guy and then just kill him by taking him off TV for like a month and then have him drop the title randomly. So shitty. :-/ They did something similar to Manik. Poor guy.

Well
his contract is up soon and he has to go back to Japan, so it's not really their fault, but he should've lost it at the PPV

PInk Tape

Banned
This is what pisses me off. Those hit and run posts of "this thing you like is stupid" that ends in a circle jerk of people congratulating themselves for being unfunny fucks.

It has really gotten out of hand as of late. When I get called out for saying that Paige could be tolerable, not great or fantastic, on commentary without Cameron then we have a problem.

I should ignore it though; it's not like the whole thread's intolerable. Plus some people on here can be funny without the use of trolling.

This thread has been seeing more and more of that lately, coincidentally every time dream is around

You're a better person than me cause I wouldn't waste my time responding to that shit.

This is exactly why I stopped posting as much around here. :/

just gotta ignore it brahs and talk wrestling and other feds with the other posters.

So I am seriously considering going to BOLA 2014. Any other Gaffers trying to go? Or live around the area? I'm trying to figure out boarding arrangements and not to mention actually getting to the venue.

dream

I mean, hey, if you're genuinely into a company that has:

The Vaudevillians
The Ascension
I Don't Get Hyped, I Stay Hyped
Adrian Neville
Adam Rose
CJ Parker

more power to you. But complaining that people find that shit laughable smacks of the bronies getting indignant when they find out that the rest of the world is bewildered by grown men who watch cartoons about little baby ponies.

Dammit, either RAW was good or you guys are working a great angle together. Maybe I'll watch Smackdown this week and let it recap RAW for me. Unless I just watch the second hour. So little time.
If you just watch one thing, watch the HHH/Rollins segment and the following match. The promos and match are actually good!

Bo was right after and it wasn't a long segment or anything but he's pretty amazing
Well, this sucks. Way to hype a guy and then just kill him by taking him off TV for like a month and then have him drop the title randomly. So shitty. :-/ They did something similar to Manik. Poor guy.
I only remember Manik when i see someone else remembering Manik, and then i forget about him again

Agreed. Getting worse too. But can't say too much. Some might think we are "apologists who own WWE stock."
I am a WWE apologist who owns way too much WWE stock than I care to admit.

That's why I hate NXT fans. They somehow have gained a major influence over the product where even the WWE fanbase fails to have and it has resulted in nothing but absolute shit lately. Then we'll get the next big thing shoved down our throats only for them to flop miserably when they perform in front of more than a hundred people.

Alucard

Banned
TNA is worse with Japanese talent than WWE is. TNA pretends to care. At least WWE is upfront about it. TNA had fucking Okada and they still managed to make him look like an idiot.

I had no idea about this. Heh.

This is why I think I'm giving up on TNA completely. They just drop the ball again and again any time it looks like they've got something good going. :-/ There's no point in getting invested when the payoff either won't be there or it will be disappointing. Sometimes, the payoff is there, but it's few and far between. (Roode vs. Storm)

TNA is worse with Japanese talent than WWE is. TNA pretends to care. At least WWE is upfront about it. TNA had fucking Okada and they still managed to make him look like an idiot.

They pretend to care because their relationship with Wrestle-1 was the only one they could get in that territory, and even then they had to trick W1 management into thinking Vince Russo was no longer involved with them for it to happen in the first place. They wouldn't work with such an open racist.

The people they associate with and keep paying have caused them to burn nearly every bridge, to the point it's a miracle they have any working relationships even on their deathbed. At least Sanada wasn't sticking around for long. I don't know how they wound up with Okada in the first place, and it was unsurprising what happened there (him being mismanaged, not him being a ninja buddy of Samoa Joe)

The Vaudevillians
The Ascension
Adrian Neville
Adam Rose
CJ Parker

more power to you. But complaining that people find that shit laughable smacks of the bronies getting indignant when they find out that the rest of the world is bewildered by grown men who watch cartoons about little baby ponies.

What is wrong with Neville or The Vaudevillians? Fantastic wrestling? Fun and unique gimmicks?

jred2k

Holy shit it's almost time for an OT2. Lets try and start that out with some positivity and less troll posting.

As a side note, TNA is officially bringing back the 6 sided ring starting in NY. I wonder if it takes up more space so the buildings will look less empty.

If you just watch one thing, watch the HHH/Rollins segment and the following match. The promos and match are actually good!

Bo was right after and it wasn't a long segment or anything but he's pretty amazing

I only remember Manik when i see someone else remembering Manik, and then i forget about him again

Those two are the one I've seen and they're pretty entertaining. Not a bad 5 minute match between RDV and Rollins.

That's why I hate NXT fans. They somehow have gained a major influence over the product where even the WWE fanbase fails to have and it has resulted in nothing but absolute shit lately. Then we'll get the next big thing shoved down our throats only for them to flop miserably when they perform in front of more than a hundred people.
I didn't tell you to buy WWE stock, don't take it out on me breh
just gotta ignore it brahs and talk wrestling and other feds with the other posters.

So I am seriously considering going to BOLA 2014. Any other Gaffers trying to go? Or live around the area? I'm trying to figure out boarding arrangements and not to mention actually getting to the venue.
I haven't put any thought into it but I could conceivably go if i convince my one wrestle-friend to go with

Friends, I just noticed that we're just like a page away from needing an OT2. Who's going to make it?

I volunteered to make the July OT, so I'll have to pass on this.

The Vaudevillians
The Ascension
Adrian Neville
Adam Rose
CJ Parker

What dream is saying, is that he'd prefer more MMA guys in his wrestling. The good times of Ken Shamrock, Tito, Daniel Puder and Dan 'The Beast' Severn!
Man, Dan Severn was awesome, not sure why he was sweating so badly before he had even walked through the curtain, but he was awesome.

DanSevern.jpg

Nice, I'll check that out. Thanks!

Holy shit it's almost time for an OT2. Lets try and start that out with some positivity and less troll posting.

As a side note, TNA is officially bringing back the 6 sided ring starting in NY. I wonder if it takes up more space so the buildings will look less empty.

It's actually a typo, they're bringing back a 16 sided ring!

I think the problem isn't the talent at all. I think the problem is that WWE assumes that everyone watches NXT, so they do absolutely no character building for these stars when they get to the main roster. Because of that, the audience has no reason to care. You could run Steve Austin through NXT and everyone would love him, but if when he got to Raw they just put him in random matches and gave him no mic time, he'd get no reaction either.

The Vaudevillians
The Ascension
Adrian Neville
Adam Rose
CJ Parker

ibafqtVHXH2BvW.gif

I didn't tell you to buy WWE stock, don't take it out on me breh

I haven't put any thought into it but I could conceivably go if i convince my one wrestle-friend to go with

Keep me updated. I would be flying in from Denver and wouldn't mind making a trip out of it much like I did with NYC. Roam around LA and eat at various places.

jred2k

Don't do it! You'll break the wrestler's hearts when the only one as big as you is Brian Cage.

dream

What is wrong with Neville or The Vaudevillians? Fantastic wrestling? Fun and unique gimmicks?

Nothing's necessarily wrong with them if they're confined to wrestling in front of a hundred fans at "Full Sail University." But you just know that shit will end up on Monday Night Raw SuperShow at some point because WWE thinks those one hundred fans are tastemakers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know how X-Pac is like the stuck in the 90s wrestler. Like you see him and just have 90s flashbacks, and he still wrestles the same way he did back then with no real changes?

I kind of feel that way about Alex Shelley and like the mid 2000s indie splurge. Everything about his wrestling is the same as it was in TNA and ROH. The same moves, the same 'these are popular indie moves... but from 2005.' it's so weird. Like I just watch him and go, 'Man, I remember when people did Air Raide Crashes and double foot stomps and surfboards all the time'

|OT2| When You Wish Upon a Star

Unless the ring can take up enough space to reach the parking lot, it won't keep the buildings from looking empty.

The problem with most of the NXT people coming over to the main shows is WWE trying to say everyone should already know who they are. Emma was great because of how she began (Clumsy awkward dancer) who eventually showed herself to be a great wrestler. None of that has carried over to Raw or Smackdown. But the divas are gonna get shit all to do as long as Vince is in charge so whatever.

Bo Dallas has started to win himself over with the fans. The Wyatts have been a success. Adam Rose is a fun gimmick. I don't get why you're so negative on it. Most of the callups have been either fairly successful, or really successful. I can only think of Big E and Rusev who aren't quite there yet. (and will never be if they keep their current boring gimmicks. Big E either needs to go back to I NEED FIVE or become a southern baptist preacher)

NXT is more fun than Raw and Smackdown. It's a more focused show that has better writing, wrestling, and virtually everything else. If you're gonna hate on WWE for something, hate them for how garbage their writing usually is for their main shows.

Nothing's necessarily wrong with them if they're confined to wrestling in front of a hundred fans at "Full Sail University." But you just know that shit will end up on Monday Night Raw SuperShow at some point because WWE thinks those one hundred fans are tastemakers.

So what do you expect them to do with their development talent, if not eventually allow them to have a try out on RAW and see if it works out. It didn't work out for Husky Harris, so he went back down to Development, came back and gave WWE a good year or so on screen.

Don't do it! You'll break the wrestler's hearts when the only one as big as you is Brian Cage.

heh. I've actually lost a bit of weight since then, mostly fat but still on that cut train

currently around 242 lbs or so

Those gimmicks can work if people keep their expectations in check. I think Vaudevillians can get over as a decent mid card act and Neville as an upper card but the booking is so bad. Look at what is happening to Emma or Paige. Terrible terrible booking.

jred2k

The whole idea that every call up needs to be an eventual world champion is bullshit, too. Sometimes its alright for a wrestler to just be a solid worker with an interesting character who can be legit in the midcard.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Those gimmicks can work if people keep their expectations in check. I think Vaudevillians can get over as a decent mid card act and Neville as an upper card but the booking is so bad. Look at what is happening to Emma or Paige. Terrible terrible booking.

You can't just blame booking, as easy as it is. If Shawn Michales sat on his ass and took everything he got, he would have never made it past the midcard. He would still be feuding with Martel over non-title matches and getting stuck in singles matches with Marty. If Bret sat on his ass, he'd be 'Cowboy' Bret Hart and come out on a horse.

People give Miz shit about just sitting there and accepting his booking or whatever, but do you think any of those NXT kids are any different? Triple H is the one who said that they want people who want it. Husky got canned, but he wanted it so he came back and said to himself, I've only got one more chance at this and I'm going to stick out. I'm going to take this shit Cena feud and make them remember my part in it.

Let's not just blame everything on booking. Getting to be a star is an uphill battle(unless you're Roman Reigns,) and you have to take a shit sandwich and make gold out of it. That is wrestling. As long as it's been. It's an uphill battle to get yourself over because noen of the veterans want you over. If you can't get past WWE's booking then you can't make it. Period.

dream

Ultimately, I think my problem is that NXT reminds me too much of the WWF in the 80s and early 90s, with wrestling plumbers, and wrestling hockey players, and wrestling cocks, and wrestling barbers.

You can't just blame booking, as easy as it is. If Shawn Michales sat on his ass and took everything he got, he would have never made it past the midcard. He would still be feuding with Martel over non-title matches and getting stuck in singles matches with Marty. If Bret sat on his ass, he'd be 'Cowboy' Bret Hart and come out on a horse.

People give Miz shit about just sitting there and accepting his booking or whatever, but do you think any of those NXT kids are any different? Triple H is the one who said that they want people who want it. Husky got canned, but he wanted it so he came back and said to himself, I've only got one more chance at this and I'm going to stick out. I'm going to take this shit Cena feud and make them remember my part in it.

Let's not just blame everything on booking. Getting to be a star is an uphill battle(unless you're Roman Reigns,) and you have to take a shit sandwich and make gold out of it.

Yeah, people should speak out. Worked well for Dolph...

This whole idea that "the guys need to step up!" is bullshit. Most guys who say anything are either shot down or even further pushed down.

The Vaudevillians
The Ascension
Adrian Neville
Adam Rose
CJ Parker

But I like The Vaudevillains and Adam Rose.

I'm not entirely sure why you keep coming in here since you hate everything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, people should speak out. Worked well for Dolph...

This whole idea that "the guys need to step up!" Is bullshit. Most guys who say anything are either shot down or Even further pushed down.

cm_punk_bio_20130925.png

Difference between updating your blog and approaching Vince McMahon's office
i see your point 'Zord, but how the heck is any Diva gonna turn shit to gold if the whole division is an afterthought to begin with

By making sure you shine brighter than everyone else. Mickie did it when she first appeared. AJ did it -- not really in the ring but whatever. Make it so loud that it doesn't matter that people like me don't take them serious when the majority do. Who cares if you piss off the Bellas. It's wrestling, it's about showing why you're worth the push and nobody else. But you should know going into WWE that the divas division has a low ceiling, and you can only get so far in it. When a fitness model is your 'most respected veteran,' that says it all. No amount of hiring Sara Del Rey is ever going to change that. WWE can't get its midcards shit together anymore, forget about a womens division. Divas division, that alone shows what a joke it is.

Top Bottom