• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo" (Because He's Like The Best Character On The Show)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great episode but I have to admit the sheer awesome of the next episode teaser was better than many of the moments in the whole show :lol Either way, can't wait to see what's next.

kr2t0s

Haven't seen an answer for this, so sorry if it's been posted.

Who is the kid that FLOCKE sees? He's been shown more than once right?

StuBurns

Banned
kr2t0s said:
Haven't seen an answer for this, so sorry if it's been posted.

Who is the kid that FLOCKE sees? He's been shown more than once right?
It hasn't been confirmed on the show, but I'd wage it's
Jacob
. Although that seems very obvious.

KevinCow said:
I was thinking, the following main characters haven't appeared in the X timeline yet. How likely do you think they are to show up?
I pretty much agree with all your picks except Ana Lucia and Eko. Or at least, I'm not getting my hopes up for those two.

afternoon delight said:
Great episode but I have to admit the sheer awesome of the next episode teaser was better than many of the moments in the whole show :lol
Yeah, that was one of the better teasers for sure. Although part of me wishes they went even creepier and had Michael Emerson singing. :lol

greepoman

BTW in case it hadn't been answered, the book Hurley found in Iliana's things:
Fyodor Dostoevsky's "Notes From The Underground. "

Some interesting notes:
Dostoevsky's tale of a not-so romantic date from hell, and also illustrated the author's philosophy of the mind: tortured and tumultuous, torn between action and passivity, a riotous collection of conflicted voices that's close to could be called neurotic and has been often likened to schizophrenia. In other words: chaotic. Or: ''highly unstable.''

''The one thing that [Dostoevsky's] negative characters share, and almost the only negativity his world view allows, is inner fixity, a sort of death-in-life, which can take on many forms and tonalities, from the broadly comic to the tragic, from the mechanical to the corpse-like... Inner movement, on the other hand, is always a condition of spiritual good, though it may also be a source of suffering, division, disharmony, in this life. What moves may always rise.''

One of the concerns of existentialist literature — especially Dostoyevsky — was how both Communist and Capitalist cultures left their citizens too fatigued for the work of personal enrichment, i.e. enlightenment.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20313460_20360924,00.html

Also I liked this question:

When Fake Locke asked Desmond if he knew who he was, and Desmond replied ''John Locke,'' did you get the sense that the reason that Fake Locke threw Desmond into the well was because Desmond had stumbled on his big secret — that this Fake Locke thing who's been claiming not to be John Locke all season long really is John Locke?
Pretty sure this doesn't work cause of the Locke's dead body, but now I'm not 100% sure.

greepoman said:
BTW in case it hadn't been answered, the book Hurley found in Iliana's things:
Fyodor Dostoevsky's "Notes From The Underground. "

Some interesting notes:

Also I liked this question:

Pretty sure this doesn't work cause of the Locke's dead body, but now I'm not 100% sure.

(Loved his cameo — but where was Charlotte? On a candy bar date with Daniel? At home alone, macking and munching on her own Duncan Hines Brownie Husband?)

:lol :lol :lol

greepoman

Ripclawe said:
Then you would have to explain the smoke ability and not getting killed

If you were to ignore the body you might think John Locke and the smoke monster were working together. Weirder things have happened.

Zeliard

greepoman said:

I don't think that's the case. When MIB asks "do you know who I am?" and Desmond replies "yes", MIB has a clear look of surprise on his face, but then Desmond says "you're John Locke" and MIB's facial expression and demeanor turn into relief.

I loved how they addressed the mystery of the voices with "Hey dude, I think I know what that is!" :lol

Great episode, damn alternate reality Desmond for attempting to fuck up the 'verse where everybody's happy and alive!

BitchTits

Great episode.

When the season started, I wasn't so sure about the alternate timeline stuff, but now it's more clear where they're heading with it, I see it makes sense and enjoy it more.

The scenes with Locke/MiB were really good too, he seemed especially evil/devious when talking with Desmond, he played it well.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Shurs said:
He's a foreigner, he has diplomatic immunity. Haven't you see Lethal Weapon 2? Sheesh.
murtaughswinksmile.jpg

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Anyone else think they're setting up a total role reversal for Jack and Locke X? Jack X is a lot more easy-going in this timeline and seems like he'd be a little more receptive to the idea of fate/destiny than Locke X. Locke X flat out says he doesn't believe in miracles.

Also, Jack X has had a few strange run-ins with Oceanic passengers the last couple days:
DESMOND: Listen. I wonder if you can help me, brother. I need to find someone. He was on our plane. He's somewhere in the hospital.
JACK: Hold on. He was on our plane and now he's here in the hospital?

That one unusual circumstance already seemed to pique his interest. Imagine what'll happen when all of them show up at the hospital the same time. His mind will be blown! I could imagine him "fixing" Locke then showing him the light.

Blader

Catalix said:
Anyone else think they're setting up a total role reversal for Jack and Locke X? Jack X is a lot more easy-going in this timeline and seems like he'd be a little more receptive to the idea of fate/destiny than Locke X. Locke X flat out says he doesn't believe in miracles.

Normal Locke didn't believe in miracles either until he came to the island.

SpeedingUptoStop

If Locke X comes in just to oppose iJack, Man of Faith...well, it better be written damn well for me to accept that.

Personally, I don't want Locke X coming into this timeline. iLocke/Ghost locke or BUST.

Kevtones

LIBBY: Uh, you'd never believe me.

Hugo conceals his virgin boner.

HUGO: Try me.

LIBBY: We know each other. I can't explain it, but I know it.

Mystical shit evoked via music cue by Giacciaosnciuahono.

HUGO: It's okay. I kind of believe you.

Repeat this 4 times. LOST.

This season sucks so bad.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Blader5489 said:
Normal Locke didn't believe in miracles either until he came to the island.
Exactly. It'd be funny if the differing circumstances in the X timeline actually made Jack into the "original man of faith," instead of Locke.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Catalix said:
Exactly. It'd be funny if the differing circumstances in the X timeline actually made Jack into the "original man of faith," instead of Locke.

Trek mirror universe wants their plotline back. ^_^

SpeedingUptoStop

Catalix said:
Maybe if the X timeline was 5 seasons long, Solo would have his dream of a huge spankbank of Jack suicide attempts footage.

I know one thing, if I thought a TV season sucked so bad, I wouldn't be watching it. I'm sure I could find something much more productive to do.

Catalix

OneEightZero said:
Trek mirror universe wants their plotline back. ^_^
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Maybe if the X timeline was 5 seasons long, Solo would have his dream of a huge spankbank of Jack suicide attempts footage.
:lol

NimbusD

I Push Fat Kids said:
My favorite so far has been charlotte: hey I need a shirt, sawyer:"oh, sure its in the top drawer right next to my top secret file.... wait woah wtf are you doing!

this and sawyer's and kates episode where full of that shit. At least this episode had some crazy random but awesome scenes to make up for it.

Blader

brandonh83 said:
I know one thing, if I thought a TV season sucked so bad, I wouldn't be watching it. I'm sure I could find something much more productive to do.

b-b-but i've invested so many years into this show, I must watch it!!11

neoism

LIBBY: Uh, you'd never believe me.

Hugo conceals his virgin boner.

HUGO: Try me.

LIBBY: We know each other. I can't explain it, but I know it.

Mystical shit evoked via music cue by Giacciaosnciuahono.

HUGO: It's okay. I kind of believe you.

Repeat this 4 times. LOST.
I Push Fat Kids said:
:lol

.GqueB.

Banned
NimbusD said:
My favorite so far has been charlotte: hey I need a shirt, sawyer:"oh, sure its in the top drawer right next to my top secret file.... wait woah wtf are you doing!

this and sawyer's and kates episode where full of that shit. At least this episode had some crazy random but awesome scenes to make up for it.
:lol :lol :lol

G-Fex

Nameless said:
Illana was the only thing keeping me watching this shit. So I'm pretty much done.

Illana blows
up

StuBurns said:
It hasn't been confirmed on the show, but I'd wage it's
Jacob
. Although that seems very obvious.

Just ignore him.

big ander

duckroll said:
It's funny because it's true.
Meh. I didn't expect much in the way of depth from a Hurley episode. I thought it was great, though. It moved a lot of people into place (albeit haphazardly [ie Illanas death and Hurley making shit up]) for what looks to be an awesome final act of the final season of the show.
I don't think it's fair to generalize and say that Everybody Loves Hugo is an example of what season 6 has been like. Sure, there have been low points. But episodes like Happily Ever After, Ab Aeterno, and Dr. Linus have been focused, emotional episodes that have lived up to they hype. Some of the flashsideways does come off as fan service. But some of it becomes a fun character analysis.
Essentially, I can understand why some people have soured on the season. But there are so many more reasons to love the show than there are to bash it, in my opinion. So I think I'll continue to enjoy every episode. :D

I bet that in the end, we'll see Jack as Jacob's replacement and the MiB in Locke's body one hundred years in the future. Jack aproaches Locke and hands him a bottle of wine to pass the time...

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Broken Arrow said:
I bet that in the end, we'll see Jack as Jacob's replacement and the MiB in Locke's body one hundred years in the future. Jack aproaches Locke and hands him a bottle of wine to pass the time...

I'd be okay with that outcome.

G-Fex

Broken Arrow said:

...OH WELL THANK YOU MISTER BROKEN ARROW I HOPE YOUR HAPPY MISTER I LIKE TO SPOIL LOST FOR THE REST OF EVERYBODY CAUSE I ALREADY KNOW THE OUTCOME.

G-Fex said:
...OH WELL THANK YOU MISTER BROKEN ARROW I HOPE YOUR HAPPY MISTER I LIKE TO SPOIL LOST FOR THE REST OF EVERYBODY CAUSE I ALREADY KNOW THE OUTCOME.

I read it as a purely valid theory based on things we know, rather than him fake-theorizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom