• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matador Ivan Fandino killed in France bullfight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you guys are vegetarian.

otherwise you're the biggest hypocrites on earth.

I am vegetarian but this line of thinking is nonsense. Just because someone eats meat doesn't mean they want the animal to be tortured and suffer, and there is a difference between eating to live and killing for sport.

orava

It's sad.

Sad because when the bull wins, they not only kill it but also its mother cow in order to "end its lineage".

On the other hand, we should all realize that this bull lived a much, much more pleasant life than the beef we're all eating on a regular basis.

That's insane. But also metal.

cameron

What the fuck?

The ritual slaughter of the bull's mother happened last year in Spain.

The Independent:
Victor Barrio, 29, became the first bullfighter to die in the ring in 30 years when he was gored to death by a bull on live television while fighting in Madrid on Saturday.

The matador was fatally pierced in the chest by the animal in the eastern town of Teruel. The bull was subsequently killed.

According to Spanish tradition, the mother of any bull that kills a human is also destined to be slaughtered, in order to “kill off the bloodline”.

LA Times:
According to Humane Society International, an estimated 250,000 bulls are killed worldwide each year in bullfights. And before they’re killed in the ring, they’re stabbed multiple times, so that their deaths are slow and painful.

The injured bull, named Lorenzo, that killed the matador was quickly dispatched on Saturday. Lorenzo’s mother (a cow named Lorenza) was also killed, presumably to stop the “bad lineage,” as per tradition (although ranchers are now telling reporters, conveniently, that the cow was put down due to old age). It seems that the Spanish have compounded the unfortunate killing of the matador with an utterly unnecessary and vengeful one. That’s just medieval.

Wait a bull that defeats the Matador is considered 'bad lineage'? Shouldn't it be good lineage as it bested its competition?

How can matadors even have any pride when they're apparently breeding loser bulls to fight.

Don't like bullfighting but can't get happy for the death of a person.

Also I think that the killing the mother of the bull thing is not true.

Bull fighting is primitive garbage and has no place in the modern world. What kind of person derives enjoyment from watching an innocent bull get stabbed?
RIP to the matador though. He may have deserved a slap across the back of the head, but he didnt deserve death.

Amalthea

Banned
Bad Bloodline? How fucking regressive are these people sounds like some nonsense you would hear from the middle ages like *Witch Burning*.
Yeah, this shit is none more civilised than the medieval game where one had to bash a cat to death with their head, hands tied to their backs.

They could ban this crap if they fear the death of their stupid fighters too much, but no; they gotta do this borderline Voodoo shit if that happens because it's "tradition".

Not Drake

Shame he had to go in such a pointless way. RIP.

It pains me this shit is still considered "a sport", but I'm glad bullfighting gets critisiced almost universally. I hope ritual slaughter is smacked this way too, instead of sparking debate on "religious freedom". It's really disgusting.

CSJ

So "bad bloodline" really means "we don't want this to be a real competition so we make sure bulls that can kill matador's genes don't continue on"

Even leaving aside the innate barbarity of the "sport", I thought it was "bullfight" not "bullexecution".

I agree, that's the sort of reaction I'd expect from immature people.
They have no concept of what they are doing from and outside perspective and when it doesn't go to their plan, act out.

giphy.gif

MCN

Banned
I hope you guys are vegetarian.

otherwise you're the biggest hypocrites on earth.

There's a world of difference between killing for food and killing for sport. If you can't see the world in terms other than black and white, I apologise for your simple-mindedness.

When we kill for food, it is NOT for our entertainment. We kill for food out of necessity, because it's impossible to live as a vegetarian. In fact vegetarians don't even exist. They are a myth.

lol no there's no difference whatsoever

in both cases you kill an animal for your wellbeing, one is entertainment, one is nourishment, both can be covered in different ways that do not involve killing animals.

the death circumstances play no role here.

I enjoy eating meat, yet I do not enjoy animals being tortured for entertainment. Go figure, I'm a walking fucking paradox. Just as you clearly consider yourself enlightened and superior to other people here, yet you post some of the dumbest and intellectually dishonest shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom