• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/23 - 6/29

Pachael

kassatsu said:
Monster Hunter .__.

Wii Fit wins! Ding Ding Ding!

In other news, didn't Winning Post 6 PSP completely bomb (Another horse raising game)? That said, it's an old PS2 port... loved that one but don't really feel like double dipping.

farnham

Banned
jrricky said:
what was namco's shipment numbers for tales?

Oh, MGS4 will be out of top ten by next week.

By these japanese sales MGS4 for US should be around 700-900K for the month.

Oh shit, I just realized that NPD will be released around E3 time. It will be a glorious week.:D
cant wait to see wii fit numbers

DiddyBop

i love mgs as much as the next guy,but this "rabid, harcore,loyal fanbase" some ppl were spouting is BS. if the japanese fans were so loyal and hardcore they wouldnt sell the game 3 hours after they beat it. from what ppl in japan have been sayin is that the used copies of this have been killing its sales. hardcore loyal fans usually keep their games and love them, especially here in NA. ppl here bought a shit ton of mgs related stuff as apparent in the pickup thread last month,some ppl even bought two copies of the actual game. i doubt these ppl will be selling their copies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
DiddyBop said:
i love mgs as much as the next guy,but this "rabid, harcore,loyal fanbase" some ppl were spouting is BS. if the japanese fans were so loyal and hardcore they wouldnt sell the game 3 hours after they beat it. from what ppl in japan have been sayin is that the used copies of this have been killing its sales. hardcore loyal fans usually keep their games and love them, especially here in NA. ppl here bought a shit ton of mgs related stuff as apparent in the pickup thread last month,some ppl even bought two copies of the actual game. i doubt these ppl will be selling their copies.

Thats just Japanese gamer culture

Tron 2.0

Monster Hunter 2nd G at number 17 for the week? That's quit the precipitous drop.

Not sure what to think of MGS4. Will be a struggle to 700K.

Kagari said:
When was the last good Gundam game...? Federation VS Zeon? :X

One Year War (developed by the Ace Combat team) and Climax UC were both great on the PS2, as were the Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny Vs. titles developed by Capcom. ArtDink's Gundam Battle games on the PSP are great, too. They're all Japan-only imports, though.

Gundam Musou was awesome, as well.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Did japan run out of Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G? Guess it'll never pass Wii Fit now.

gimz

mutsu said:
Yes, amongst adults. There are even horse sim at arcades.
those are insane

the biggest horse racing sims arcade is bigger than a mini theatre
huge street in the front for the race and small screen on each seat for them to feed their horse!

Sharp

Nice to see Japan has copies of Mario Kart. But why the fuck are all the stores around me sold out of it? It came out like two months ago!
DiddyBop said:
japanese gamers arent hardcore confirmed? sure seems that way.
You can't rent games in Japan so people resell them instead. At least that's what I've been lead to believe.

Jiggy

DiddyBop said:
japanese gamers arent hardcore confirmed? sure seems that way.
If you want to define a hardcore gamer by how many games they buy and keep rather than how many games they play, how much time they devote to playing them, and how much enjoyment they get from playing them--then, well, I'd say that's a pretty strange definition. :p

Jammy

Banned
Sharp said:
Nice to see Japan has copies of Mario Kart. But why the fuck are all the stores around me sold out of it? It came out like two months ago!

They're sold out around me too. And Best Buy, Amazon, Gamestop, etc. all are Out of Stock on their websites. :(

I know the game is popular and all, but Nintendo really needs to get more Mario Kart Wiis and Wii Fits out there. Along with SSBB, those are three of the four biggest games that will release this year.

Sharp said:
You can't rent games in Japan so people resell them instead. At least that's what I've been lead to believe.

That's correct. A lot of Japanese games have a little "not for rental" message on the back of the box.

And, game prices go down the longer you wait to trade them back, so people rush through games quickly to get as much money back as possible.

nli10

TheKingsCrown said:
Sorry. Horsez left a bad taste in my mouth and I jumped to conclusions.

Then don't put Horsez in your mouth. You don't have to try everything you see on the internets you know...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Thats just Japanese gamer culture

could be a sign of hard times , but yeah - i've not seen a game have this many second hand copies that quickly in akihabara in quite a while.

waiting so i can get the JP limited edition at a bargain price!

Sharp said:

Trust me, there are copies everywhere(I have 62 on hand myself), it's just that demand really shot up in the last few weeks. Along with Wii Fit, Nintendo effectively made sure they make this fad last for at least 6 more months and Wii console sellouts until 2009.

distantmantra said:
One Year War (developed by the Ace Combat team) and Climax UC were both great on the PS2, as were the Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny Vs. titles developed by Capcom. ArtDink's Gundam Battle games on the PSP are great, too. They're all Japan-only imports, though.

Gundam Musou was awesome, as well.

Agreed.

The Wii FPS game is also great. It is essentially the PSP games, except with squad commands, more customization, and a more realistic model of playing. You can't boost for long or anything like that. It is also probably the closest to another Side Story game from the Dreamcast.

Oh, and the ACE games are amazing, but they contain more than Gundam. I wish there was a new ACE for PS3/360 with Gurren Lagann, Macross Frontier and Gundam OO.

I had a feeling Derby Stallion DS was going to do well when I went into Kawasaki Yodobashi last week right before closing and I saw a salary man pick up the last copy they had and buy it.

Tenbatsu

ddk said:
I had a feeling Derby Stallion DS was going to do well when I went into Kawasaki Yodobashi last week right before closing and I saw a salary man pick up the last copy they had and buy it.
Guess 10 years ago he was just a student...

androvsky

Tenbatsu said:
Pure crap I tell ya. You are getting enemies that will do high kneel in the open and requires 4 head shots to kill them. Really crappy game for a decent concept.

I won't argue the overall quality of the game, but why are you going for head shots against a Gundam? I always went for the arms and shoulders with the nastiest weapons first, according to series lore the heads just held cameras (pilot sits in the chest). I never actually bothered to go for headshots in Gundam games, so I don't know if it's tradition or something.

pulga

Banned
vareon said:
Who's the one usually did it? ethelred? D:

And :lol I just realized the name "Media Create" doesn't make any sense

I knew there was a distinct lack of elitism around here. Now where did the old chap go?

Tenbatsu

androvsky said:
I won't argue the overall quality of the game, but why are you going for head shots against a Gundam? I always went for the arms and shoulders with the nastiest weapons first, according to series lore the heads just held cameras (pilot sits in the chest). I never actually bothered to go for headshots in Gundam games, so I don't know if it's tradition or something.
Noooooo, sadly the first mission was to fight against some retarded soldiers. Zakus are easy to take down thou.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
pulga said:
I knew there was a distinct lack of elitism around here. Now where did the old chap go?

He left. Though he did post once recently in the DS Rocks thread

Decent start for ToS considering the initial shipment. Let's see if it goes down as fast as usual or if it's a bit less front-loaded. ToS GC was less front-loaded than the PS2 one, will be interesting to see if this holds true for ToS Wii as well - I doubt it seeing the performance of other RPGs on Wii though.

B-Rad Lascelle said:
You guys should know by now that horse racing sims are always big sellers in Japan.
Going by Josh's site:

Winning Post 7, PS2: 86,643 LTD (let's not speak about the latest Winning Posts - iirc they didn't even make the charts)
Derby Stallion, PSP: 121,471 LTD

Just two examples, there are even more. Derby Stallion did sell 600k on PS2, but that was 4 years ago.

Galactic Fork said:
Did japan run out of Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G? Guess it'll never pass Wii Fit now.
Was that ever in question? WiiFit will sell for a very, very long time.

_Alkaline_ said:
Still no Tales comparison?
Consulting the group on Garaph, this first week is lower than all the main PS2 Tales (Destiny 2, Rebirth, Abyss, Symphonia, the Destiny remake, and Legendia), and also lower than the Gamecube Symphonia. It's a higher first week than all the handheld iterations, and a couple minor PS2 entries.

Phife Dawg is right that the 'cube entry had very good legs for an RPG. If the Wii version follows that, it'll end up at 235,000. This would leave it in the exact same ranking relative to the other games, though; the gap between the handhelds and the main entries is too big even for legs that long to overcome.

test_account

XP-39C²
vareon said:
And :lol I just realized the name "Media Create" doesn't make any sense
How so?

Xavien said:
Wow, Monster Hunter just nose dived this week. Ill be interested to see PSP numbers after such a drop.
Maybe in position within the top 50, but not necessarily in numbers of copies sold. Last week Monster Hunter Portable 2G was on 7th place wtih 21.000 copies sold. Last week the game that was on the 10th place sold 11.000 copies. This week the game that is on the 10th place has sold 28.000 copies. All these numbers and position that i just listed are from Media Create numbers, not Famitsu, just so that is said :)

EDIT: MHP2G is on 17th place this week accoring to the link in the first post:

http://www.gpara.com/ranking/mediacreatebn/ranking_20080703.php

No numbers though :\

EDIT 2: Going by the Famitsu number (in this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11800712&postcount=342) the recent release of King of Fighters 98 for PS2 sold 16.000 copies in its first week. On the Media Create list King of Fighters 98 is on 15th place (Beautiful Letter Training is on 16th). The Media Create and the Famitsu numbers can maybe be alittle different, but if they are simular this week then MHP2G sold less than 16k. It seems that it definitly dropped some thousands copies compared to last week, but i guess its still around 13-15k somewhere which isnt that bad in my opinion :)

milanbaros

Member?
Has anybody got a Mario Kart comparison chart? I assume Mario Kart DS is the top seller WW followed by either 64 or SMK, although US sales probably helped push 64 over the original.

I doubt Mario Kart Wii can pass the first 2 console versions in Japan but how about WW?

The Wii is Nintendo's first console to sell big in Europe so I think it has a chance.

Raist

Banned
gogo snake !

Anyone has LTD numbers for the previous games ? Was it around 600k or 800k, can't remember :<

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
milanbaros said:
Has anybody got a Mario Kart comparison chart? I assume Mario Kart DS is the top seller WW followed by either 64 or SMK, although US sales probably helped push 64 over the original.

I doubt Mario Kart Wii can pass the first 2 console versions in Japan but how about WW?

The Wii is Nintendo's first console to sell big in Europe so I think it has a chance.

It'll probably become #3 with a good shot at 2

Neomoto

Tales of did alright I think, hopefully it won't drop off quickly.
Band Brothers DX did excellent.

I'm starting to see more and more 3rd parties having very high openings with DS games. :)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
cvxfreak said:
7. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots - 34,000 / 566,000

Over 500k is a very decent amount, especially in one country. I can see it selling 600-800k eventually, but it'll be out of the top ten by next week.

jrricky said:
Oh shit, I just realized that NPD will be released around E3 time. It will be a glorious week.:D

NeoGAF's very own China Syndrome. I'll be on holiday until the 21st, so I'll miss all the fun.

Koren

Epiphyte said:
Is this the twelfth pachislot game in the entire series or just the twelfth one featuring Evangelion?
Hard one... If I'm not mistaken, it's the twelfth one in a series that doesn't always feature Evangelion, although several of them have an evangelion theme.

But I also think it's not the only available series. There's the"Hisshô" series, but also the "Jissen" series (including Hokuto no Ken which is a million seller, or Sakura Taisen ones) and at least another one. I'm not sure about the publisher of those. In fact, they seems to publish all pachislot machines that meet some success in arcades.

Top Bottom