• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
tass0 said:
Cesar Gracie calls Dana White live during the conference, says he doesn't know where Diaz is.

Apparently nobody knows where he is, so he's either A) scared, B) murdered, C) kidnapped.
GSP: "maybe he's been kidnapped by aliens"

This press conference is the most personality GSP has ever shown.

dream

I am on a bus, surrounded by poor people, and overwhelmed by the stench of poverty.

Help me.

I think the Condit is the future of 170 but this fight could completely derail him.

Heel

I'm thinking Nick might have some severe social anxiety. He can't even stare an interviewer in the eye or look into a camera. Very off-putting behavior...something isn't right about that guy. Smoked himself paranoid?

Quake1028

dream said:
I am on a bus, surrounded by poor people, and overwhelmed by the stench of poverty.

Help me.

I think the Condit is the future of 170 but this fight could completely derail him.

Condit's my favorite fighter in the sport, but this isn't a good matchup for him. He gets taken down at will. GSP wrestlefuck for 5 rounds confirmed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
alr1ghtstart said:
LOL. He snuck out of Cesar Gracie's house.
Nick is getting high as a kite right now.

Gloomfire said:
Condit's my favorite fighter in the sport, but this isn't a good matchup for him. He gets taken down at will. GSP wrestlefuck for 5 rounds confirmed.
FuomM.jpg

yacobod

Banned
Sinatar said:
Cutting Diaz over a press conference would be a bitch move.
Agreed. This behavior isn't exactly atypical of diaz, he's done similar thinks in strikeforce. Not sure what dana expected from him.

And way to derail condits momentum, what happens with his camp since he's at jacksons? What about bj?

alr1ghtstart said:
He would've wrestlefucked Diaz anyways. Condit is a tougher matchup.
Their takedown defense is probably about the same if not worse on Condit's end. I don't think that Condit's jiu jitsu is on par (though he has a great guard). The only advantage that I see him having is what GSP pointed out, having more KO power.

yacobod said:
Agreed. This behavior isn't exactly atypical of diaz, he's done similar thinks in strikeforce. Not sure what dana expected from him.

And way to derail condits momentum, what happens with his camp since he's at jacksons? What about bj?
BJ vs Diaz. Book it.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Zeliard said:
Man, I was looking forward to Penn/Condit even more than GSP/Diaz. Who is BJ fighting now?
Dana doesn't know. He hasn't even told BJ that he's not fighting Condit :lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
polyh3dron said:
ugh this stream is fucked.

man i am so pissed.. Just dropped $1000 on tickets earlier this morning.

Dana said you could return them if you want.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
yacobod using that word in that way is a bannable offense.

On one hand, before they announced the BJ Condit fight I was hoping Condit would be next to fight GSP, and I think that is a better match up. On the other hand Diaz is one of my favorite fighters and I hope to see him in big fights in the UFC. Also wanted Condit BJ. So I have very mixed feelings about all of this.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
parrotbeak said:
On one hand, before they announced the BJ Condit fight I was hoping Condit would be next to fight GSP, and I think that is a better match up. On the other hand Diaz is one of my favorite fighters and I hope to see him in big fights in the UFC. Also wanted Condit BJ. So I have very mixed feelings about all of this.
Im more worried about Diaz whereabouts. Maybe he had an accident or something?

Zeliard

bone_and_sinew said:
Dana doesn't know. He hasn't even told BJ that he's not fighting Condit :lol

It's crazy to me. He's cutting Diaz because Diaz didn't show up at the press conference? It's not a classy move but taking him out of a title fight for that and possibly cutting him just seems overboard. Plus it screws with other fighters like Condit and Penn who were preparing for each other, though Condit is undoubtedly thrilled at the opportunity. Penn is probably going "what the fuck just happened?"

Shitty move by Diaz but strange response by Dana. Why wouldn't he try to get in touch with him first, see what's possibly going on? I hope it doesn't mean Penn/Fitch 2, either.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
@roynelsonmma I was supposed to go to a ufc 137 presser.....but then I got high...but then i got high..sing it big country

Zeliard said:
It's crazy to me. He's cutting Diaz because Diaz didn't show up at the press conference? It's not a classy move but taking him out of a title fight for that and possibly cutting him just seems overboard. Plus it screws with other fighters like Condit and Penn who were preparing for each other, though Condit is undoubtedly thrilled at the opportunity. Penn is probably going "what the fuck just happened?"

Shitty move by Diaz but strange response by Dana. Why wouldn't he try to get in touch with him first, see what's possibly going on? I hope it doesn't mean Penn/Fitch 2, either.
He's in the main event of a stacked PPV. He missed two days of promotion and seemingly is hiding. Dana didn't want to risk him not showing up for the actual event.

Heel

My comments from before the press conference are looking damn near prophetic. Playing with fire is right. Nick gave away an opportunity fighters strive to achieve for their whole careers. Condit fucking cried when he got the news. He has no one to blame but himself.

Diaz vs. wrestlers for the foreseeable future.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not sure why people are flipping this on Dana. It's a business and Diaz knew what his commitments were. He's getting what he deserves.

Chamber said:
Not sure why people are flipping this on Dana. It's a business and Diaz knew what his commitments were. He's getting what he deserves.
He should have come clean with this before tickets went on sale today. He had enough time to get a promo video made.

Zeliard said:

what happens when you don't show up for work?

SUPREME1

Banned
Fuck Diaz for doing this. Grow the fuck up or move the fuck on.

The only thing that would excuse Diaz from nto being at the presser, besides death, is if he were
in jail, lol.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
polyh3dron said:
He should have come clean with this before tickets went on sale today. He had enough time to get a promo video made.
I don't know when tickets went on sale versus when Dana knew Diaz was out. Either way, Diaz is the only one to blame here.

It's not just about the press conference. It's about not being able to trust an unstable individual. Dana thought Nick could overcome whatever's going on in his head, but now he sees he can't. As he said, what sense does it make to let him skip every commitment and *hope* he shows up fight night?

Top Bottom