• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Dana White just shot himself in the foot. I don't know how much you know about stoner culture and social anxiety (I'm an expert), but not showing up to pressers is a huge part of it. something something, reinstate GSP vs. Diaz or kiss a huge number of PPV buys goodbye.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
JYjH9.png

Fisticuffs said:
you were robbed of an epic card, im not arguing that. your misplaced blame is the issue here and makes me rolleyes so hard my head hurts.
the oxygen must be mighty thin all the way up there on top of that high horse.

Norml

This sucks and not worth dumping the fight over! Dana always has to do or say something so extreme it seems for attention or what?

Heel

Chamber said:
This is what I immediately thought of. How great would that fight be, brehs?

Melendez fights at 155 so I doubt it. I don't think Penn wants to take it there.

Nick seems pretty nuts, so maybe it's him?

Matt Grice is out of his scheduled UFC bout on October 8th with Nam Phan due to injury, but Leonard Garcia has quickly stepped in to fill the spot and verbal agreements are in place, confirmed UFC president Dana White today.

Source

dream

sien916 said:
Melendez fights at 155 so I doubt it. I don't think Penn wants to take it there.

Gilbert cuts to make 155, doesn't he? I'm sure both of them could make 162 or something.

I also wouldn't mind it if Dana steals Ed Alvarez and have him fight BJ.

CaptYamato said:

WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT MATT GRICE NAM PHAN AND LEONARD GARCIA!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
sien916 said:

Nick Diaz seems more likely to fight Chris Cope on the prelims than get a co-main event slot judging by the tone of that presser.

Greg Jackson Won't Train Either GSP or Condit in Preparation for UFC 137
Ariel Helwani: Greg, two of your star fighters are going to fight each other in October. What will do you?
Greg Jackson: Teammate protocols are pretty clear in this situation so everybody knows what happening. I step out, the other coaches -- John [Danaher], Phil [Nurse] and Firas [Zahabi] -- will take care of GSP and probably [Mike] Winkeljohn and some of the other guys here will take care of Carlos. But I step out of it, so I won't be cornering either guy. They'll fight each other. Those are the new teammate protocols. We knew this would be coming -- it will probably be coming again --but this time we are very well prepared.

Carlos trains in Albuquerque full-time, while GSP's home base is in Montreal, so how will you not offer advice when you see him in the gym?
Carlos is still training with a team. I am just not going to do game plans and private lessons and everything that I normally do for the guys because usually it's a pretty intense process -- I give them private lessons all the time -- heavy on the game planning, heavy on the personal growth plan, and for this, I'll just let the other coaches do that for both Georges and Carlos. So I'll just step out. They're all amazing coaches. Geez, I'm the worst coach on the team. They'll all do their thing.

Are you disappointed that they have to fight each other?
Nah, I mean, I don't like it. They are two of my friends. Me and Georges, I mean, I love that man to death. And Carlos has been, since he came back to the gym, has been on a destruction streak. So they both have to eat, they have to make money. I really love training, working with my guys. There's two of my favorites that I don't get to work with this time, so that's kind of a bummer. But I don't care about the money; I don't care about the fame; I don't care about any of that stuff. They've got to make a living, but I can't look across the cage at one of my guys. I just can't do it.

Will GSP come to New Mexico for this camp?
No, I don't think so. That wouldn't make much sense if Carlos was here. The team is such a well-oiled machine after so many years of being together it's not going to be a big deal.

Have they ever trained together?
Not much. I don't know if they have at all, so not much. Carlos only came back a little bit ago and Georges comes in and out, and I go up there [to Montreal]. So I don't think they have trained together at all.

I'm guessing you won't offer a prediction on the fight?
Absolutely not (laughs). Since they're both members of our team, I predict somebody from our team is going to win.

Where will you watch the fight?
I'll be there because Donald Cerrone is fighting that night, Eliot Marshall ... I got, like, four other guys. I'll be there, but hopefully I'll duck out before the main event. It's just not something I want to watch. That's their business. Sometimes brothers got to fight and it will be what it is and everything will be good again. They're both really stellar, standup guys. You know, Georges, I cannot say enough good things about him. Not only Georges St-Pierre the fighter but Georges St-Pierre as a person. That man is phenomenal and the same for Carlos Condit. Such a good guy with a good heart. They're going to have a great dust up, I hope they get Fight of the Night and then they can feed their families.

Heel

dream said:
Gilbert cuts to make 155, doesn't he? I'm sure both of them could make 162 or something.

I also wouldn't mind it if Dana steals Ed Alvarez and have him fight BJ.!

Gil is a huge 155'er, so I guess it's plausible?

oneHeero

Diaz is stupid. If he had nerves or whatever he could/would just smoke some weed.
I feel robbed of a epic fight too, but condit is beast, just hope he comes out to fight.

dream

I literally don't even know what a Matt Grice or a Nam Phan is. Someone tell Dana that they're off of Spike soon and no longer have to maintain a roster full of jobbers to promote their Joes vs Joes show.

As for Greg Jackson...

You know, Georges, I cannot say enough good things about him. Not only Georges St-Pierre the fighter but Georges St-Pierre as a person. That man is phenomenal and the same for Carlos Condit. Such a good guy with a good heart. They're going to have a great dust up, I hope they get Fight of the Night and then they can feed their families.

Fuck this guy. Insincere smarmy jackass.

dream

Clearly Rashad did not follow Gaidojitsu teammate protocols and possibly violated the tenets of being a good family man and an even better friend.

fucking seriously, they're veering into cult territory.

dream said:
Clearly Rashad did not follow Gaidojitsu teammate protocols and possibly violated the tenets of being a good family man and an even better friend.

fucking seriously, they're veering into cult territory.

I bet it's because Rashad didn't clear it with Jackson first.

parasight

I like how Jackson keeps referring to them being able to feed their families as though it's going to be a problem, for GSP especially.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
A heavyweight standoff between two big names has been booked for December, as former UFC heavyweight champions Minotauro Nogueira and Frank Mir have verbally agreed to rematch at UFC 140 in Toronto.

oneHeero said:
Diaz is stupid. If he had nerves or whatever he could/would just smoke some weed.
I feel robbed of a epic fight too, but condit is beast, just hope he comes out to fight.
I have no doubt that Condit will come out to fight. He doesn't present the same kind of submission threat off of his back that Diaz would have though. I can see GSP doing the same old GSP Safe Fight against Condit that would have not been as smart to do against Nick.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
alr1ghtstart said:
A heavyweight standoff between two big names has been booked for December, as former UFC heavyweight champions Minotauro Nogueira and Frank Mir have verbally agreed to rematch at UFC 140 in Toronto.

RIP Nog.

dream

parasight said:
I like how Jackson keeps referring to them being able to feed their families as though it's going to be a problem, for GSP especially.

He's a disingenuous motherfucker with no real fighting credentials despite running a compound full of men in the fighting hotbed of New Mexico.

And I thought Pat Miletich was weird.

iddqd said:
crazy..
thor vs dark horse eater
and now this..
how are condits chances? lucky punch stuff?
My whole reasoning behind a Diaz fight being compelling was that his long reach would nullify GSP's jabfest mode and I don't see GSP wanting to be in Nick's guard very badly.

Condit is more well rounded but doesn't have any aspect of his arsenal that stands out other than the fact that the dude is ferocious. He has a chance of winning though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
alr1ghtstart said:
Yawn.

Not looking forward to this.

Top Bottom