• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

dream said:
He's a disingenuous motherfucker with no real fighting credentials despite running a compound full of men in the fighting hotbed of New Mexico.

And I thought Pat Miletich was weird.
haha i love it when you rip on GJ.

dream

polyh3dron said:
haha i love it when you rip on GJ.

no seriously he's always like "we're all brothers who live together and all eat at the same table when we go to TGI Friday's because we have bonded over respect and an appreciation for the martial art of gaidojitsu" and im not NO YOU DISINGENOUS FUCK you hired a bunch of decent trainers and lured a bunch of fighters to your compound in new mexico (established for favorable tax purposes, no doubt) just so you could get a percentage of everyone's purses

What the hell Diaz? I have been his biggest backer, always saying how good of a fighter he is and where he was gonna go after that gomi fight. I understand hes got some ADD or some mental issues but this is gonna go down in history as one of the dumbest moves ever made....

Jeffahn

nick%252520diaz%252520missing.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
polyh3dron said:
so, ticketmaster refunded all my friends' tickets... since my flight and room are non-refundable I'm still going, fuck it.

good and have fun. the card went from a 10 on the epic scale to a 9 - i'm sure you'll get your $$$ worth

Boogie

You know, MMA-GAF, I wasn't feeling very well this morning.

You see, I hadn't visited the forum in a few days, so when I logged on to GAF briefly this morning before going in to work, I had quite the shock.

My legacy, the MMA thread which had been going strong for six years, which had been made when MMA was just coming out of the dark ages, when a couple years before, UFC event threads would be lucky to hit page 2.....that thread, had been put down.

And worse, to see it replaced by an OP by none other than yacobod?!

This was an indignity beyond the pale!

Fortunately, however, the MMA Gods are not without a sense of karma.

As much as I was looking forward to GSP wrestlefucking Diaz, I shall drink heartily from the cup of yacobod's bitter tears from Diaz screwing himself out of the biggest opportunity of his life.

Now that's sports entertainment!

IMACOMPUTA

polyh3dron said:
so, ticketmaster refunded all my friends' tickets... since my flight and room are non-refundable I'm still going, fuck it.

We get it. You have tickets.
Attention granted.

IMACOMPUTA said:
We get it. You have tickets.
Attention granted.
zomg who would dare talk in a MMA thread about the tickets they purchased for a MMA event that is a hot topic of discussion currently.. the NERVE.

Boogie

polyh3dron said:
complete and utter conjecture, and no link exists, but you already knew this.

I was just messing with you Boogie :p

I know.

But honestly, it would probably make about as much sense as any other explanation. ;)

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL Diaz runs like a bitch, scared of the ownage GSP would put on him. I guess the answer to "You scared bro'?" has been answered.

Jeffahn

polyh3dron said:
btw, last seen in NorCal. Stockton is up in the yay.

No worries.

Isn't Strikeforce based in SoCal? I think I just assumed he was based there aswell. I know he's from Stockton, but I didn't know that it's in NorCal. I also think I remember Dana saying something about SF only being "a regional/local show" -this was before the purchase, and I'm pretty sure that most of the SF shows have been in Socal.

As you can probably tell my date formatting and weight-height units; I'm not American. I had his wiki page open, but it only has his birth place...

Have to say that I'm actually a fan of Nick; he had a real chance against GSP & I hope they give him another shot.

SUPREME1

Banned
Diaz didn't show up because
it's the 15th anniversary of Tupac's shooting. Duuuh.

- On this day 15 years ago, the Yay Area's most famous homie, Tupac, was shot.

- It also happened in Las Vegas, so he wants to stay away from that place right now.

- He's also probably smoking some blunts, but it's okay because it's in memory of Pac.

You see, it all makes sense. Right?

Dana will understand.

dream said:
no seriously he's always like "we're all brothers who live together and all eat at the same table when we go to TGI Friday's because we have bonded over respect and an appreciation for the martial art of gaidojitsu" and im not NO YOU DISINGENOUS FUCK you hired a bunch of decent trainers and lured a bunch of fighters to your compound in new mexico (established for favorable tax purposes, no doubt) just so you could get a percentage of everyone's purses
You would have enjoyed the crowd reception at Pro Elite for him. As soon as people noticed Jackson in AA's corner they started screaming "grease," "fuck you, Greg Jackon" "Jackson fighters suck" etc etc. It was pretty fun. When AA final won that terrible fight and celebrated by picking Jackson up and spinning him around, the crowd mostly booed.

Heel

Jeffahn said:
No worries.

Isn't Strikeforce based in SoCal? I think I just assumed he was based there aswell. I know he's from Stockton, but I didn't know that it's in NorCal. I also think I remember Dana saying something about SF only being "a regional/local show" -this was before the purchase, and I'm pretty sure that most of the SF shows have been in Socal.

As you can probably tell my date formatting and weight-height units; I'm not American. I had his wiki page open, but it only has his birth place...

Have to say that I'm actually a fan of Nick; he had a real chance against GSP & I hope they give him another shot.

Strikeforce was based in San Jose, which is also northern California. Funny though!

Boogie said:
You know, MMA-GAF, I wasn't feeling very well this morning.

You see, I hadn't visited the forum in a few days, so when I logged on to GAF briefly this morning before going in to work, I had quite the shock.

My legacy, the MMA thread which had been going strong for six years, which had been made when MMA was just coming out of the dark ages, when a couple years before, UFC event threads would be lucky to hit page 2.....that thread, had been put down.

Fortunately, however, the MMA Gods are not without a sense of karma.

As much as I was looking forward to GSP wrestlefucking Diaz, I shall drink heartily from the cup of yacobod's bitter tears from Diaz screwing himself out of the biggest opportunity of his life.

08UTj.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
Dana should just cut the fucker, send his ass off to BAMMA or ProElite or something. I'm actually surprised Dana has had enough restraint not to do that ... yet.

yacobod

Banned
Boogie said:

The original OT had a nice run, but its given way to the ATTITUDE era of mixed martial arts.

I'm disappointed obviously that the fight was canceled, but I can always find some solace in the fact that even the most ardent gsp fans have admitted that gsp can't even finish a slice of pizza these days, and have to hope for a solid 25 minutes of wrestle-fucking.

How long before georges shoots for the take down in round 1 against condit? 7 seconds?

Either way, at least you agree that it's sports entertainment.

TheNatural said:
Dana should just cut the fucker, send his ass off to BAMMA or ProElite or something. I'm actually surprised Dana has had enough restraint not to do that ... yet.

there is still money to be had. I mean who else has GSP got to fight?

TheNatural

My Member!
Kabuki Waq said:
there is still money to be had. I mean who else has GSP got to fight?

ANDERSON

ANDERSON

ANDERSON

I've said it probably 100 times in these few pages of this thread. GSP can beat down Condit, Diaz can get his ass sent off to ProElite, and we can get talking about Superfight time.

TheNatural said:
ANDERSON

ANDERSON

ANDERSON

I've said it probably 100 times in these few pages of this thread. GSP can beat down Condit, Diaz can get his ass sent off to ProElite, and we can get talking about Superfight time.

never gonna happen.

TheNatural

My Member!
Kabuki Waq said:
never gonna happen.

He's there to fight, and as long as more BS contenders GSP would destroy get knocked off one way or anything, it gets closer to making that fight. Stann can do everyone a favor too by KTFO Sonnen.

Chamber said:
ZG7YF.png

Poor guy...

had my problems just like anyone else?

REALLY? REALLY?

You cant just bail out on your employer with so much money on the line for any little problem.

Edit: ah fake out. I hope the dude has an awesome excuse and Dana puts the fight back on

parrotbeak said:
You would have enjoyed the crowd reception at Pro Elite for him. As soon as people noticed Jackson in AA's corner they started screaming "grease," "fuck you, Greg Jackon" "Jackson fighters suck" etc etc. It was pretty fun. When AA final won that terrible fight and celebrated by picking Jackson up and spinning him around, the crowd mostly booed.
aaaahahaha

Heel

@ArielHelwani - Just spoke to @jonfitchdotnet, who says he has his "fingers crossed" that he will fight Penn at 137 but hasn't been offered it yet.

dem

How the hell could you blame dana for changing the main event??

Nick Diaz was HIDING FROM CESAR GRACIE.
What do you just ignore it and hope he shows up for the main event?

dem said:
How the hell could you blame dana for changing the main event??

Nick Diaz was HIDING FROM CESAR GRACIE.
What do you just ignore it and hope he shows up for the main event?
Is that what the Cesar phone call was? Shit, can't wait to watch the whole thing later without the constant stream cuts.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
It's too bad many of the mid-tier WW's are coming off of losses (Kampmann, Story, Alves, Hardy)

Sanchez is injured, Fitch/Penn 2 is not entertaining, Serra is still semi-retired, Lytle is retired, Ebersole and MacDonald aren't marketable as of now. Rumble against Penn would be all right, but not co-headline worthy. Swick is injured and also on a losing streak, Thiago just came off of a losing streak and isn't that marketable as of now.

I truly hope Dana has something remarkable set up for Penn.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They booked Penn/Condit after saying fans didn't want to see Penn/Fitch 2 so it would be hilarious if that fight actually happened.

Too bad Kos took the Hughes fight.

Top Bottom