• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Hmm, well that makes the $75 to get a crack at the pre-sale seem not too bad...I'll decide early next week.

Poly, when you sign up for Fight Club, is your membership given right away? Like could i sign up Tuesday and get into the Wednesday pre-sale?
Yes you can do that and you'll be fine. You'll get a code on in the "Events" section that will be good for a certain number of tickets (i think it's like 6 per event).. make sure you get on TM the very moment tickets go on sale.

It'll probably be about $350 to get the upper level dead center tickets I was talking about since they jacked up the prices for this card.

What you won't get right away is your fight club card. Make sure you RSVP for the q&a+weigh ins and print out your RSVP thing that will have a barcode on it, this will get you and one guest in and you will get a free event poster.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Little Natch should go in as hard on GSP fans. He's every bit as "boring" as Chael Sonnen, and he doesn't have the mic skills that Sonnen brings to the table.

GSP has been fighting safe and boring lately yes, however he hasnt been a boring fighter like sonnen has his entire career. At least we know that GSP is capable of fighting in an exciting fashion.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
UFC 150 is gonna be in Denver with Okami/Cane and Hallman/Tavares on the card so far. Bendo/Mr Rematch II is being planned for the event.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Now that NFL-gaf has a punter, I think we can attract some Bellator undercard fighters to our little insular community thread.

I hope Bendo just throws Frankie around like a little kid and makes him realize he belongs at 145. He's great at 155 but he's not going to last taking those beatings. (Not that Aldo won't beat the shit out of him too.)

Invicta 1 off to a crackin start ...

"The official weigh-in event for tomorrow night's inaugural all-female Invicta Fighting Championship event took place today (April 27, 2012) at Hotel Phillips in Kansas City, Missouri.

Of the 22 fighters who stepped onto the scales, a whopping four ladies missed weight."

-mmamania

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

"The official weigh-in event for tomorrow night's inaugural all-female Invicta Fighting Championship event took place today (April 27, 2012) at Hotel Phillips in Kansas City, Missouri.

Of the 22 fighters who stepped onto the scales, a whopping four ladies missed weight."

-mmamania

So that's where Rumble wound up.

-mmamania
Well yeah it's a bit tougher for women to consistently make weight, so with this many women on one card I'm not surprised.

Yes you can do that and you'll be fine. You'll get a code on in the "Events" section that will be good for a certain number of tickets (i think it's like 6 per event).. make sure you get on TM the very moment tickets go on sale.

It'll probably be about $350 to get the upper level dead center tickets I was talking about since they jacked up the prices for this card.

What you won't get right away is your fight club card. Make sure you RSVP for the q&a+weigh ins and print out your RSVP thing that will have a barcode on it, this will get you and one guest in and you will get a free event poster.

And RSVP so you get a shot at the backstage pass

I won it in Toronto, no reason another member of GAF can't repeat :p

knee

iinOtM4TDEDK5.gif

Heel

That gif is gold.

Looks like Beltran started giving a fuck a little too late in his UFC run. 203 lbs. and his fight wasn't even listed on Sherdog.

jekTi.jpg

yacobod

Banned
another fight added to UFC 148, Team Half-a-Male member Chad Mendes vs Bartimus. Looks like the UFC is giving Mendes a squash match to build him back up. Wrestlefucking incoming.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
uspw_3812343.jpg

"I wore a suit at press conferences when all the other fighters were making fun of me. (They said), 'Oh, look at St-Pierre, he doesn't wear his sponsor.' I'm the one who first started doing this stuff, and I think the image and how you conduct yourself ... because the sponsor, the big companies in corporate America, they're not interested in sponsoring an athlete who is good in his sport but acts like an idiot outside of the Octagon. They want someone who performs well, of course, but acts like a gentleman outside of the Octagon.

"I understood that more than ten years ago. That's why I behave the way I do and I do things that I do. That's why I have a lot of sponsors. I do have a lot of sponsors and a lot of money because of this. It brings money to the table."

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Too bad he's the most boring champion
Although Dom and Edgar (were) giving him a run for his money

Thats what ends up happening with dominant fighters. Its more of a risk management game than anything else. Makes sense in practical terms but it makes you extremely boring to watch. No one wants to get Serra'd.

yacobod

Banned
Thats what ends up happening with dominant fighters. Its more of a risk management game than anything else. Makes sense in practical terms but it makes you extremely boring to watch. No one wants to get Serra'd.

that's why Anderson is p4p king. his finishing rate is like 80%+ while being undefeated in the octagon in 15+ fights.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
that's why Anderson is p4p king. his finishing rate is like 80%+ while being undefeated in the octagon in 15+ fights.

Well you know he isnt immune to that shit either, its just technically tougher to play it safe in MMA when you're a striker. There's only so much time you can wait for a counter.

TheNatural

My Member!
Well you know he isnt immune to that shit either, its just technically tougher to play it safe in MMA when you're a striker. There's only so much time you can wait for a counter.

I blame his opponents for the most part in the couple of fights where they went to decision. Maia and Leites, they fellt to the ground trying to pull guard every time they engaged. Then Anderson trolled with some running in the last round that got everyone pissed.

Top Bottom