• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I blame his opponents for the most part in the couple of fights where they went to decision. Maia and Leites, they fellt to the ground trying to pull guard every time they engaged. Then Anderson trolled with some running in the last round that got everyone pissed.

Neither one of them was a danger to him honestly. They were hopelessly outmatched and he refused to engage first. I blame him more than them.

Heel

One of those is sports entertainment with fixed matches. The other one took place mostly in Japan.

iyBS0BgBEoq2P.gif

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
This thread legit kills my mobile data plan! Can I turn off gifs with this newfangled mobile thingy?
love the gifs tho

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
This Smith Young fight is great. There's a huge disparity in talent between some of the fighters on this card.

Serious lack of mma fans in here. anyone not watching this invicta card is a moron. Aside from the carmouche fight the match making has been great. Some awesome fights tonight.

Now to cheer on my girl marloes.

Serious lack of mma fans in here. anyone not watching this invicta card is a moron. Aside from the carmouche fight the match making has been great. Some awesome fights tonight.

Now to cheer on my girl marloes.
Dude, nerd chat, that's where we all are. Guess you're not nerd enough.

Also, Hopkins/Dawson just finished.

yacobod

Banned
speaking of beer, i picked up 8 bottles of 3 Floyds Dark Lord today, and 1 bottle of limited stock vanilla bean dark lord (bottle 3 out of 943).

You should join our good friend dream when he makes his WNBA thread.

i don't like basketball and i'm not here to champion anything other than good MMA, which we got some of tonight, with Ellis vs Penne and Young vs Smith being what i thought were the standout matches. i was happy Marloes won, and she put in a good performance with a broken finger, but it wasn't the most exciting match. Carmouche vs Curry was a total mismatch, which I had been expecting a night of, but the matchmakers overall did a great job of putting together competitive fights.

No way am I watching chick fights. No matter how much they cost.
honestly, what does it matter what gender the fighters are? surely all that matters if the fights are good. not all the fights tonight were, but most were and some were really good. that's an honest question by the way.

yacobod

Banned
plagiarize, your argument sucks.

Why should i eat a cheap waffle house steak (women's MMA), when I can eat filet minot or prime rib (the Ultimate)?

It's about quality.

TheNatural

My Member!
i don't like basketball and i'm not here to champion anything other than good MMA, which we got some of tonight, with Ellis vs Penne and Young vs Smith being what i thought were the standout matches. i was happy Marloes won, and she put in a good performance with a broken finger, but it wasn't the most exciting match. Carmouche vs Curry was a total mismatch, which I had been expecting a night of, but the matchmakers overall did a great job of putting together competitive fights.

honestly, what does it matter what gender the fighters are? surely all that matters if the fights are good. not all the fights tonight were, but most were and some were really good. that's an honest question by the way.

You totally bought Rumble Roses didn't you?

Heel

Are you new here? We watch Bad MMA on a weekly basis. Join us on our journey to the bottom.

plagiarize, your argument sucks.

Why should i eat a cheap waffle house steak (women's MMA), when I can eat filet minot or prime rib (the Ultimate)?

It's about quality.
and i'm telling you that there were quality matches tonight. i'm not saying 'everyone should watch any MMA event just because it has women in'. i'm telling you that there was an MMA event that happened tonight that had some great matches. why ever you chose not to watch, you missed out on some great free fights.

whatever the average quality of womens mma compared to UFC, that doesn't prevent womens having some fights of higher quality than your average UFC fight. none of the fights tonight were as bad as Brimage Blanco from UFC 145.

you're kidding yourself if you think the best womens fight is worse than the worst UFC fight. there's a lot of overlap.

You totally bought Rumble Roses didn't you?
nope.

Are you new here? We watch Bad MMA on a weekly basis. Join us on our journey to the bottom.
new to this thread yes. i stopped by to see how other people were reacting to the Young vs Smith and Ellis vs Penne fights.

Top Bottom