• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

dream

The WWE casuals also like to see guys struggle to get out of submissions and nobody believes that an armbar merely hurts until your hand drops 3 times.

with the DeathClutch arm triangle, Brock would literally squeeze the life out of his opponents and we already know how lethal the DeathClutch is because he used to become the unified world champion.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Ugh, MMA gyms have the worst websites. It's like i'm back in 2001.

You should have seen the Blackzillians old site (I think they recently changed it.) Their pages were just jpeg files.

And right now it's not much better. It looks like someone installed Wordpress, fucked around with it for 10 minutes and thought "good enough."

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
MMA lOT3l - This Thread Could Legit Kill Your Thread

MMA lOT3l - We're Pretty Sure Jones Will Lose Before OT4. Pretttttty sure.

thefro

The WWE casuals also like to see guys struggle to get out of submissions and nobody believes that an armbar merely hurts until your hand drops 3 times.

with the DeathClutch arm triangle, Brock would literally squeeze the life out of his opponents and we already know how lethal the DeathClutch is because he used to become the unified world champion.

Yeah, it's a better WWE finisher because he can "crank" on the arm with the Kimura and there's better ways to potentially "reverse" it in WWE land, or get a rope break. Plus he can target a particular arm to "set it up".

The arm triangle is basically just a sleeper hold.

Heel

So far Brock has used a standing Kimura Lock to strain every muscle in John Cena's arm, requiring him to wear a sling and be incapable of defending himself against an old man in a suit. Also used a Kimura Lock from full guard to break HHH's...forearm.

Who ya crappin'?

yacobod

Banned
JBJ said:
As far as Dan Henderson, I'm excited about [him], he's a great fighter. You know, I've gone through a lot with Rashad as far as all of the trash talking and I really hope Dan's listening and I really hope that Dan keeps it classy throughout this fight. I respect him as an older man, I respect him as a warrior and I just hope he keeps it classy and not drag me through another trash-talking bout. Let's stick to why we're really here, let's just fight.

MMA |OT3| - Let's Keep it Classy!

dream

That passive-aggressive bitch quote from Bones Jones is just amazing. "I respect him as an older man"...my god.

I hope Dan fires back by complimenting Bones Jones on being "well-spoken."

yacobod

Banned
That passive-aggressive bitch quote from Bones Jones is just amazing. "I respect him as an older man"...my god.

I was hoping one of MMA's gentlemen posters would pick up on that quote.

I think it's pretty clear that JBJ is a grade A douchebag.

dream

I'd probably really like Bones Jones a lot if he ever embraced his natural heel persona and ran wild with it. He could be on some Four Horsemen shit.

Heel

I'd probably really like Bones Jones a lot if he ever embraced his natural heel persona and ran wild with it. He could be on some Four Horsemen shit.

Yeah, MMA fighters seem to have a hard time embracing the hate to their advantage, e.g. Jon Fitch.

dream

I think Jamie The Worm is the best example of that. Dude could have been the best heel in the business but he'd get so butthurt over being hated that it completely neutered his character.

I think Jamie The Worm is the best example of that. Dude could have been the best heel in the business but he'd get so butthurt over being hated that it completely neutered his character.

That's what he gets for faking a knee to the head* .. particularly since he was losing anyway.

*and yeah I know when you read that you think "how does someone fake a knee to the head?" but look at the footage - Cerrone clearly whiffed but Varner faked being hurt anyway.

Heel

Hunt 3.0. Struve is done dotta.

156469_10150687967491791_241688606790_9798384_615970241_n.jpg

Dangerous Dan "Hendo" Henderson said:
"I think it all has to do with being genuine and the fans sense that: when you are and when you're not. I'm pretty much who I am all the time and I don't know if they get that impression from him.

"His whole attitude sometimes. It's not completely not genuine," Henderson clarified. "But I think that's what the fans are turned off by."

"I don't know him personally, so I can't really say if it's genuine or not. It's just the impression that I think fans get."
It has already begun.

LMFAO @ Ben Rothwell thinking hes gonna fight and beat Overeem in December. I like Big Ben and all but beating Schaub does not put you against Reem let alone beating him. Dude lost to Arlovski not too long ago.

and DAAAAMN Hunt looks to be in beast mode. If he gets past Struve he should fight Carwin on his return.

dream

Quinton says he has one last fight on his contract. He’ll watch UFC shows if he has friends fighting, otherwise it’s too many shows to keep track of. He actually thinks there’s too much MMA. He liked back in the day when you couldn’t wait for the show, and now there’s something every week and he can’t keep up.

Preach it, QRJ.

LMFAO @ Ben Rothwell thinking hes gonna fight and beat Overeem in December. I like Big Ben and all but beating Schaub does not put you against Reem let alone beating him. Dude lost to Arlovski not too long ago.

and DAAAAMN Hunt looks to be in beast mode. If he gets past Struve he should fight Carwin on his return.
The head of 2010 me would explode upon reading this.

Floex

Preach it, QRJ.

Couldn't agree more with that quote. There seems to be less and less build up to these events meaning I care less and less. There are just too many fighters out there to keep track of and for me to give a shit about. Hell I've been watching UFC for about 3 Years, had a little break and besides bones/evans I had no idea the majority of the fighters were!

Top Bottom