• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always dug the fact this fight takes on opposite approach to most, start off throwing the nukes, end with the bog standard.
While the anime take seemed to add some taijutsu stuff to start it off that kind of lost the balance i'll allow it because, well it's taijutsu stuff.
That slow push-in as they were punch drunk was flawless. And the updated versions of the part 1 music... and SO MUCH MORE.

Wait is it actually finished? Covered up to chapter 700?

no, it's not finished. They just did the final fight in today's episode.

And, no one is really sure when they'll do chapter 700 since it's an epilogue. They may decide to do a few of the novels first.

This anime is a cash cow, and probably won't be finished any time soon. And they already have a sequel anime lined up to think about.

I thought this was supposed to be the end of the whole thing and not just the final fight between the two. God damnit. At least the fight was cool.

janoDX

My quick thoughts on the episode

The animation was the usual Pierrot stuff but they did a little more effort than normal, they did a lot of nods and extra stuff that didn't felt weird. It was a good episode.

8/10

This, this was a great episode, an emotional ride with Slugfest and Taijustu included where they beat the shit out of each other, I wanted to see that Slugfest animated and didn't disappoint, and it was ironic that the moment where they scream their names is not on the "Chidori vs Rasengan" moment, but in the start of the slugfest. The animation was on point in this one it felt more fluid.

Also nice little nod to Evangelion right there Pierrot (3:40 to 3:53).

9.5/10

jorgejjvr

At work, I normally watch Naruto on my phone while here during lunch... But man I'm holding out till I get home to watch it on my 55" TV. Sounds like it will be worth it!

Dope shit.

Feels weird to think it's been nearly 2 years already since the Naruto manga ended. The final battle between Naruto and Sasuke didn't come anywhere close to living up to the hype but the animated version added some nice padding, so that's dope.

RalchAC

So I finally watched it. The fight in the animated version is much better than the original. It felt rushed, like he didn't want to keep drawing or something. I'm going to divide between both chapters.

The fist battle felt good and wasn't too long, which could have hurt the pacing (considering how strong they are). There were some fireballs here and there, taijutsu, clones. Classic Naruto. The scale of the fight increases as the episodes advances and there are some emotional undertones through the whole chapters. It's good, but animation isn't anything special and I think there was too much exposition to Sasuke's motives. We went through two different and quite long info dumps which could have been condensed a bit more, I think. A good episode nonetheless.

Here shit gets real. This episode actually manages to make both Naruto and Sasuke look like the fucking gods they are with all their superpowers. There is a bit of everything and after the fight actually ends I think we've actually seen a bit of everything in both characters movesets. The final fist fight feels meaningful and they success at making their audience understand why they've been fighting for hours despite being on the verge of exhaustion.

This episode is much better than the previous one. The lack of long dialogues is actually good, since it doesn't remind me how awful and inconsistent Sasuke has become in the past few years. I'd say the pre-time skip fight is still a bit better, but it could be because I was more emotionally invested in the characters during the early half (third?) of the series.

Yonafunu

So I just got done watching episode 467 and 477, and boy was that disappointing. The first taijutsu fight was great, if a bit stiff, and the same goes for the slugfest at the end. But the middle parts were boring as hell (the entire Susanoo vs Kyuubi fight, basically). There was no flow to the action, no interesting animation, no visual flair, just boring all around. The bland Kyuubi design really dragged this whole part down, a simple opaque design like that needs more exaggerated animation and effects to pop (which is why it can be a great conduit for amazing animation), but there's was none of that here.

I'll probably have to watch this again for more eloquent thoughts, but the gist of it is I'm disappointed. Boring fight, boring episodes. I didn't feel anything.

The Naruto x UT OVA will forever be the real final battle.

edit: I did like that they brought back sadness and sorrow. The only thing that got an emotional reaction out of me.

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 476-477
020201ieua3.jpg
020188u5s02.jpg
020198sqsub.jpg
Why is Sasuke so sexy.

So yeah this was good. Not quite sure where it ranks as it's a bit of a different duck compared to most of those other stand out episode in that the ending story beats stuff take precedence over flashy action, end up taking a lot of time and the Sasuke&Naruto stuff isn't exactly my cup of tea but it was great nonetheless. Wish we got more of the taijutsu with them at the top of their game like at the beginning, that was easily my favourite part and the choreography there was amazing. Loved how aptly it managed to utilize (well the whole fight did but this bit in particular) the entire moveset of characters. I always dislike how in most shounens most characters are just one trick ponies so seeing them and especially Sasuke move swiftly from taijutsu to hand seals to Katon to shurikens/kunai to various powers of Rinnegan, all used in a cold blooded and logical way and without the need of 30 seconds of superfluous commentary for each move was the stuff the dreams were made of. I feel like Yamashita could have spiced up some bits, especially the beginning but he redeemed himself at the end.

phaze

People can have different opinions you know. I see where Yonafunu is coming from though what he has highlighted hasn't bothered me as much. In particular I thought the mecha fight was fine.

Need To Be Strong got me hyped, as for the fight i was a lil dissapointed too, but you gotta remember they were running on fumes at this point. If the had added heavy violence... whew

rambis

Banned
I will say while I like VOTE2 better, VOTE1 left alot more impact. I blame the fact that I basically knew everything going into this one.

Akai__

One last question. Which episode resumes the canon?

It's the last episode of the Itachi Filler arc. The episode is half filler, half canon. Number should be 458.

You have 20 episodes to go, but some of them are backstory of
Kaguya, Hagomoro, Hamura, Ashura and Indra
. I suggest watching all of them.

Le-mo

It's the last episode of the Itachi Filler arc. The episode is half filler, half canon. Number should be 458.

You have 20 episodes to go, but some of them are backstory of
Kaguya, Hagomoro, Hamura, Ashura and Indra
. I suggest watching all of them.
Thank you!

I can finally say my Naruto journey is complete

Also I laughed when they ran out of chakra and had a fist'o cuffs in the manga but the anime did it even more hilariously with the sad music and everything LMAO

it literally felt like to drunkards duking it out

Really good fight, though parts of the first episode did drag a bit.

Should the thread title be changed to reflect that the final battle has aired?

exfatal

Amamzing episode even after reading the manga and playing storm 4 i ghotta say the anime did the best job with this fight, it was amazing loved the last part with everyone from the past helping out with rasengan. These 2 eps left me speechless amazing quality all around, amazing.. just amazing. IMO it tops the first naruto and sasuke fight, not by alot but still tops it, and thats saying alot considering when i watched the first fight i wasn't reading the manga then so everything was a surprise. Also love the call back to Kirin. Sasuke loves his desperate hail maries

Akai__

Just wrapped up my 2nd watch-through. Yup, still incredible.

That scene with all the hands forming the Rasengan. Jiraiya :'(

Yado

Those were kind of meh to me. Nothing wrong with them but that's kind of where I'm at with Naruto at this point I guess.

exfatal

I really loved the fact at the beggining of the fight naruto keeps trying to weave his hand sign for Shadowclone jutus but sasuke keeps interrupting him with an ass beating

Ryoku

Someone please gif the part where Naruto grabs Sasuke, and they're spinning really fast, after which Naruto jumps up while still grabbing Sasuke's legs and throws him toward a cliff whilst spinning.
Then post the gif where the same thing happens in the part 1 fight. Great throwback.

Nice details, like Sasuke throwing fireballs into the sky to warm up the atmosphere for Kirin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom