• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto Shippuden Season 17, Episode 489 “Shikamaru’s Story: A Cloud Drifting in the Silent Dark, Part 1: The State of Affairs”
C1--uu-XgAAeGUz.jpg:small

Wow they really put a lover original character design.

I love the new ED and its illustration, but Naruto's arm :(

Also, Shikamaru's line about only continuing to be a shinobi because he wants to make Naruto Hokage is lovely. COnfirmed best bros.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 490 - Shikamaru’s Story, A Cloud Drifting in the Silent Dark, Part 2: Dark Clouds

Soku was starting to get aggravating but the whole final few minutes, didnt even see it coming. Shikamaru is so good with Soku and Ro.

Komori is a good character design for a shinobi.

Akai__

but wait

are they doing all the books that came out last year?

Don't know about any books, but they did Sasuke's and Shikamaru's Novel. I guess they will do whatever they have left, until they run out of material and make new Fillers.

Next Episode is also
Naruto's Marriage
. Don't know if that is from a Book, Novel or whatever.

ghstwrld

Don't know about any books, but they did Sasuke's and Shikamaru's Novel. I guess they will do whatever they have left, until they run out of material and make new Fillers.

Next Episode is also
Naruto's Marriage
. Don't know if that is from a Book, Novel or whatever.

yeah the wedding prep story is from the fourth book in the series

i see

Valus

Is the filler worth watching in Shippuden? We started watching Naruto and are reaching the end of the chuunin exams. We arent going to watch the fillers after the retrieval arc, but after the time skip the fillers are so intertwined with the main episodes that I don't know if we should be skipping them or not.

Thanks

phaze

Is the filler worth watching in Shippuden? We started watching Naruto and are reaching the end of the chuunin exams. We arent going to watch the fillers after the retrieval arc, but after the time skip the fillers are so intertwined with the main episodes that I don't know if we should be skipping them or not.

Thanks

Unless you'll have a burning desire too see some side characters get more screen time, the answer is a resounding no. There are some highlights here and there but the only filler I can earnestly recommend is episodes 290-295, the so called Chikara arc, which is basically a movie, with all that implies production wise, cast down into the TV format.

Also in the og series, #101 is a highly entertaining comedic filler episode.

rambis

Banned

Thanks
It depends really if you like certain characters or storylines. Kakashis Anbu arc was good as was both the Itachi focused ones. The Kaguya/Hagoromo ones were good as well. And all those actually tie into the story.

Chikara is another that people around here like but the story is terrible and unrelated. Its basically a movie that didnt get greenlighted so the animation is good but thats about it imo.

Thanks

You shouldnt skip any of the fillers especially after the Sasuke retrival arc. So many of the episodse are really good and have Naruto on so many cool team combi's for naruto (bikouchi beetle, the laughing shino mission, anko arc, gaara arc, are very memorable).

Moaradin

Seems like these next few episodes are gonna be transitioning into Boruto. Wonder if we'll get chapter 700 at the end of Shippuden or the beginning of Boruto.

rambis

Banned
Seems like these next few episodes are gonna be transitioning into Boruto. Wonder if we'll get chapter 700 at the end of Shippuden or the beginning of Boruto.
Next arc is the last novel which is mostly about Naruto's wedding. So far the schedule goes out to episode 498 on March 7 so if we're getting 700 it'll probably be episode 500.

Akai__

Thanks

You can easily skip every single Filler after the Sasuke retrieval arc and only watch the last episode. There is nothing that will be worth your time there, as it's really just meaningless Filler content that doesn't add a single thing to the story.

Switch to Shippuuden as soon as you can.

Parshias7

I'm kinda hoping that the Boruto anime will be pulling a Dragonball Super and just sort of ignoring the manga. I'm not sure how they could handle it otherwise, considering the Boruto manga only just finished retelling the movie plot line and hasn't actually done anything original yet.

I'm kinda hoping that the Boruto anime will be pulling a Dragonball Super and just sort of ignoring the manga. I'm not sure how they could handle it otherwise, considering the Boruto manga only just finished retelling the movie plot line and hasn't actually done anything original yet.
They'll just retell the movie.

Yea I'm guessing they spend the first few months(?) of Boruto just retelling the movie, so while it's like cool the new Naruto series has started! It's also oh I've already seen this stuff!

It will but instead of Super it will be more like GT.

rambis

Banned
It will but instead of Super it will be more like GT.
This makes no sense. Kishi is involved with every chapter of Boruto. Unless you mean that SP is going to make up a story ala GT which is still nonsenical seeing as Kishi said he plans on making the Boruto anime better than Shippuden.

PaulBizkit

The shikamaru arc ended pretty nicely, it was good to hear the old music again. It just sucks that we dont get to see the two new characters again. Shikamaru asking temari out felt natural, they were very in-character.

Now we have episodes about naruto and hinata's wedding? I didnt expect that. Even though hinata became very prominent in openings and endings.

Quick question, has the anime covered the whole of the manga?

rambis

Banned
The shikamaru arc ended pretty nicely, it was good to hear the old music again. It just sucks that we dont get to see the two new characters again. Shikamaru asking temari out felt natural, they were very in-character.

Now we have episodes about naruto and hinata's wedding? I didnt expect that. Even though hinata became very prominent in openings and endings.

There's the epilouge chapter and a short story between part 2 and 3 that hasnt been adopted yet.

Manga ended when Sasuke left the village. One chapter and a special volume Gaiden has not been covered. SP decided to adapt the filler novels instead.

CrazyDude

Boruto anime is starting with academy years.

Some rough translation from promo material.

The village of Konoha has managed to change, modernized next to an era of peace. Raising high constructions, large computer monitors of transmission of images (televisions last generation), divisions and divisions (streets) connected to run (to mobilize) electric cars, The way to live in the ninja era has changed ...

The leader of the village is, the seventh Hokage. Boruto is the son of Naruto Uzumaki, to become a ninja must enroll in the school "ninja academy". But the students in the surroundings see Boruto with prejudiced eyes for the thing of being "the son of the seventh Hokage". However Boruto has unprecedented capabilities.

Boruto will meet new friends, and there will be an incident mystery how he will face this challenge ?, inside the heart of the whole team, now the story of "Boruto Uzumaki", begins.

And this is from Sarada's bio
A girl of the same class Boruto. She knows about Boruto for a long time because her mother and Naruto, Father Boruto, are childhood friends.
But ... For Boruto, Sarada sees him as a stupid kid ... will not it?
Her father is always traveling, she has never seen him

My guess is that Naruto ship will end at Naruto's and Hinata's wedding and they will slide over to the Boruto anime. Chapter 700 will probably be incorporated into Episode 1 of the anime.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This wedding arc has actually been really fun. Love the running gag of Orochimaru just showing up randomly lol
It's great, this is literally what i wanted the anime to be after the main story ended, just straight slice of life fun times with the last design characters

Final Episode

Season 17 Episode 500 – Hidden Leaf Story, The Perfect Day for a Wedding, Part 7: The Message END
C7mUSxRVYAA4RA1.jpg:small

We did it, well Naruto did it, he made it and grew over the course of these many years, the flashbacks to when he stole the scroll in part 1 to eventually impressing Iruka sensei getting his support throughout the years to even his eventual form of saving the leaf it was amazing. Seeing all of that through Iruka POV was good.

Other stuff was nice, Konohamaru, Moegi, Udon, the messages from everyone else, even ghost Neji, made me smile and kind of tear up. I dont want shippuden to end.

On to Boruto though, fortunately SasuNaru is still alive, and Sasuke has tons of time with Boruto.
C7mX1A3VYAA7PIh.jpg:small
C7mX1A2VUAM2Isj.jpg:small

Mendrox

Ehm... haven't they animated the last few scenes from the manga? Where is...chapter 700?

Edit: Okay they didn't. What a load of bullshit. So 700 will be the first episode of Boruto? :-/

Desmond

Ehm... haven't they animated the last few scenes from the manga? Where is...chapter 700?

Edit: Okay they didn't. What a load of bullshit. So 700 will be the first episode of Boruto? :-/

Probably, and I presume that Naruto Gaiden will be animated after some initial academy fillers.

Nearly 2.5 years later and chapter 700 still hasn't been animated. Hope someone makes an edit of 699 and 700 so I can feel the real ending without this filler stuff.

rambis

Banned
Final Episode

Season 17 Episode 500 – Hidden Leaf Story, The Perfect Day for a Wedding, Part 7: The Message END
C7mUSxRVYAA4RA1.jpg:small

We did it, well Naruto did it, he made it and grew over the course of these many years, the flashbacks to when he stole the scroll in part 1 to eventually impressing Iruka sensei getting his support throughout the years to even his eventual form of saving the leaf it was amazing. Seeing all of that through Iruka POV was good.

Other stuff was nice, Konohamaru, Moegi, Udon, the messages from everyone else, even ghost Neji, made me smile and kind of tear up. I dont want shippuden to end.

On to Boruto though, fortunately SasuNaru is still alive, and Sasuke has tons of time with Boruto.
C7mX1A3VYAA7PIh.jpg:small
C7mX1A2VUAM2Isj.jpg:small
Doubt Sasuke will be in the Anime for a while. He wasnt on the cast listing and we do know this takes place pre Movie/ Gaiden where he returned.

Should get a completely new manga chapter next week though so maybe that'll be fun.

So guys I'm a little confused does the shippuuden anime not actually animate chapter 700?

Was going to watch the boruto movie later but will there be spoilers and should I read chapter 700 before watching it?

Desmond

So guys I'm a little confused does the shippuuden anime not actually animate chapter 700?

Was going to watch the boruto movie later but will there be spoilers and should I read chapter 700 before watching it?

I would read the chapter to be safe. How much do you know about the movie so far?

foxuzamaki

It's been a actual end of a era for us, this is crazy, naruto is now officially over, caput.....its been a great ride filled with highs and lows, as both a manga reader and anime watcher, naruto has defined a huge part of my life, and even though it will technically continue with boruto, it feels like a real closing on my life just happened.

honestly thanks to studio pierrot, you werent perfect, but no animation house is, and you were only limited by budget and time.

foxuzamaki

A well known person who has the deets of anime(told us about the naruto vs sasuke fight development) said that they're animating chapter 700 for boruto, he also said it kinda made more sense to do it for boruto since its actually more apart of that era.

exfatal

Oh man i stoppeed watching after the naruto x hinata ep. its finally over eh? guess i should jump back in and watch the last dozen or so eps. Anything worth while to look forward too other then choji x that hot black girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom