• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K444WSR

Just watched episodes 247-249 in one go. Man, when naruto is good, it's sooo good. I was looking forward to these episodes ever since the manga, and even though I knew what was coming, manly tears were shed. Watching Yondaime being a bad-ass was also awesome.

Combine

Banned
Minato is strange. On the one hand he behaves like a Mary Sue when it comes to Kushina and being laid back and borderlines on having skittish or shy tendencies. But when it comes to the business of dealing with the Kyuubi and Tobi:

HJRyJ.gif

All Boss

http://youtu.be/HxqPxeVnSdo?t=1m46s

Fuck, Minato was awesome. Am I crazy for thinking a season or two on the older generation of characters being bad asses (J-man, the Third, Fourth, etc) would be pretty awesome?

_Isaac

Oh my God. I just barely got that the kunai he threw had the signs on it so he could transform to it. I though the was just that fast. XD

Combine

Banned
It's Gorgeous, what else have they done?
Well, the two of them have only teamed up once before on another filler ep of Team 7 in the past. Individually, Kouda just did the second part of the special we just saw, he also did the first ep of Sasuke vs. Danzo. Gorou did the first ep of Sasuke vs. Itachi and then he did Sasuke vs. Killer Bee.

If you couldn't tell, neither of them, nor Hiroyuki Yamashita were at all present during the Pain arc.

Fezan

the only thing i dislike about this episode is how weak and helpless the third is...i know age and all this but he was called the god of shinobi and was almost behind,also fought 16 year later with orichimaaru sage but in episode he does nothing...

Combine

Banned
I understand the reasons, but I think Minato & Kushina just laid down their lives too easily in the end.
As was said, Kushina was pretty much dead without some emergency amazing medical help from Tsunade (who was absent during this time), and Minato was the only one who had a sealing technique to deal with Kyuubi at the cost of his life, as well as making his son powerful enough to one day beat Tobi.

Combine

Banned
Corrected credits were released for the upcoming episode 253:
The Bridge to Peace

Script: Chiba Katsuhiko (千葉克彦)
Storyboard: Sugai Yoshihiro (菅井嘉浩)
Episode director: Onoda Yusuke (小野田雄亮)
Animation director:Yoshinuma Hiromi (吉沼 裕美)
So as was thought, it's the same animation leads who did the Kakashi vs. Pain episode. Should be good for that particular ep.

Desmond

HIRUDORA

I think CyberConnect 2 may have animated it better.

Great episode, Kyubi Mode looked nicer today, plus the episode seemed to have covered a lot.

Echoplx

I watched it again and it wasn't as bad as I first thought. Still, the pacing felt way off like they were forcing themselves to put all the content in and that foot thing was ridiculous.

Combine

Banned
As expected, Eum Ik-hyun and his cronies on "Team 4" have such shoddy animation skills. None of the attacks have any "impact" or weight behind them, and they all look so ridiculous. Compare any attack this episode with the past two episodes and you'll see that. But, again, should be used to this, since they've always been this way, even with Naruto vs. Pain. Naruto's rasengan on Pain is so pathetic compared to Minato's on Tobi.

Oh well, it's done. The next few episodes should be much better.

Desmond

As expected, Eum Ik-hyun and his cronies on "Team 4" have such shoddy animation skills. None of the attacks have any "impact" or weight behind them, and they all look so ridiculous. Compare any attack this episode with the past two episodes and you'll see that. But, again, should be used to this, since they've always been this way, even with Naruto vs. Pain. Naruto's rasengan on Pain is so pathetic compared to Minato's on Tobi.

Oh well, it's done. The next few episodes should be much better.

I didn't mind the animation, except for the Hirudora/Shark bomb clash.

250, so poorly directed :|

Episode was flying through the canon it seemed

_Isaac

I was surprised that some big stuff actually happened today. I thought it was just going to be a comedic episode where Guy meets his doppelganger. I didn't expect for Kisame to be discovered. Really the whole episode was a bit too comedic though. They finally confront an akatsuki member, and he's running off with intel and everything is just so silly.

Credo

250, so poorly directed :|

I don't even know how to criticize it, but....yeah, I didn't like it so much. It may be because the episodes before it had been amazing, so it was inevitable that this would be a letdown, but like I said, I don't really have the mind of a critic. I just hoped that they'd handle the Guy/Kisame encounter better.

I was surprised that some big stuff actually happened today. I thought it was just going to be a comedic episode where Guy meets his doppelganger. I didn't expect for Kisame to be discovered. Really the whole episode was a bit too comedic though. They finally confront an akatsuki member, and he's running off with intel and everything is just so silly.
It was just as silly in the manga, but we didn't realize how stupid it really was until he was an animated fishsword.

Combine

Banned
Yeah, Naruto's ankle getting caught was in the manga. Kishi didn't do a good job of explicitly conveying that this new "Kyuubi Mode" has its drawbacks compared to Sage Mode.

The pacing and direction was just bad. So many scenes that either dragged on forever or passed by in an instant leaving the viewer thinking "huh?"

Majine

Banned
Even tho this was clearly not a highlight in the manga, it still had more speed and better tempo than the anime.

It's like they realize they emptied their budget on the previous 2 episodes, and had to save in on this one.

Combine

Banned
Back to horrible animation again I guess (250)
The funny thing is, apparently the Japanese fans enjoy this type of animation a lot. Supposedly that's because the key animator in charge of this stuff for the team is Tsutomu Ohshiro who animates in the style of the infamous Yoshinori Kanada (after viewing a compilation of his work, you can see the inspiration). Though I'd personally consider it an insult to Kanada to put this guys work in the same sentence.

Desmond

Pein

Banned
New episode was good, solid animation and it made Kisame seem like a true badass. He went out like a true boss.

Desmond

Yagura's voice was as expected.

Liked the filler they added to the flashback.

I can wait for whats coming in a couple of weeks

Combine

Banned
Much much better episode than last weeks. Great way to send of Kisame.

Full schedule for March has been released:

252: "The Angel of Death" March 1, 2012
253: "The Bridge to Peace" March 8, 2012
255: "The Artist Returns" March 22, 2012
256: "Amass! Shinobi Allied Forces" March 29, 2012

Next episode looks to be great with Hiroyuki Yamashita directing once again. Preview: http://youtu.be/2kAq6UHW6Qo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom