• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 |OT| Finally, Tenten's Turn To Shine!

10fakaw.png

The famous manga and anime Naruto Shippuden gets another game in the series!

Release Dates for both Xbox 360 and PS3:

US: 10/19/10
JP: 10/21/10
EU: 10/15/10

Gameplay Modes:
Single Player
Versus: 1-2 Players
Online: 1-2 Players - Quick Matches have opponents chosen at random, Ranked Matches (with leaderboards) and Match Customization

Playable Characters
* Naruto Uzumaki (Four-Tailed Fox Mode)
* Kakashi Hatake (Sharingan Mode)
* Sakura Haruno (Herculean Mode)
* Might Guy (Eight Gates Mode)
* Tenten (Ninja Tool Summon Mode)
* Rock Lee (Eight Gates Mode)
* Neji Hyūga (Byakugan Mode)
* Asuma Sarutobi (Flying Swallow Mode)
* Ino Yamanaka (Covered with Flowers Mode)
* Shikamaru Nara (Shadow Imitation Mode)
* Chōji Akimichi (Super Expansion Mode)
* Hinata Hyūga (Twin Lion Fist Mode)
* Shino Aburame (Beetle Mode)
* Kiba Inuzuka (Fang Mode)
* Tsunade (Herculean Mode)
* Jiraiya (Sage Mode)
* Gaara (Kazekage Mode)
* Temari (Wind Covered Mode)
* Kankurō (Salamander Mode)
* Itachi Uchiha (Mangekyō Sharingan+Susanoo)
* Kisame Hoshigaki (Samehada Mode)
* Sasuke Uchiha (Curse Mark Stage 2)
* Orochimaru (White Snake Mode)
* Kabuto Yakushi (Chakra Scalpel Mode)
* Sage Mode Naruto (Six-Tailed Fox Mode)
* Sai (Fast Writing Mode)
* Yamato (Wood Style Mode)
* Minato Namikaze (Yellow Flash Mode)
* Chiyo (With Mother and Father; Ten Puppet Collection Mode)
* Deidara (C2 Dragon Mode)
* Sasori (With Third Kazekage; True Form)
* Hidan (Jashin Ritual Mode)
* Kakuzu (Four Hearts Mode)
* Pain (Six Paths Mode)
* Konan (Angel Mode)
* Tobi (Sharingan Mode)
* Akatsuki Sasuke (Mangekyō Sharingan)
* Suigetsu Hōzuki (Water Arm Mode)
* Karin (Woman's Anger Mode)
* Jūgo (Curse Mark Mode)
* Killer Bee (Full Eight-Tails Mode)
* Lars Alexandersson (Lightning Mode)
Hokage Naruto
is also a playable character. The character is supposed to be one of the big surprises of the game.

STAGES

- 5 Seal Barrier Cliff
- Akatsuki Hideout
- Training Field
- Hidden Leaf Village (Normal, Destroyed)
- Hidden Leaf Ruined Land
- Hidden Leaf Forest (Day, Evening)
- Forest Of Death
- Forest Of Dead Trees
- Forest Of Quiet Movement (Day, Evening, Night)
- Hidden Rain Village (Upper, Lower)
- Hidden Sand Gate
- Hidden Sand Village
- The Uchiha Hideout
- Site Of Planetary Devasation
- Valley of the End
- Grassy Waves Prairie
- Orochimaru's Hideout
- Mount Myōboku

Link To The Trailers Thread:
Bark252 said:

Here are some YouTube Videos of the game (It was leaked early so there may be some spoilers in these videos!): http://www.youtube.com/user/FjellMenn#p/u/0/QTcmhpZMQGw

Reviews:
Famitsu (360/PS3) - 10/9/10/10

I will be playing this non-stop thanks to the online mode. I can't wait. I should have my copy by Thursday!

I think I'm going to keep playing until I unlock the 4th. Lucky Europeans get it as free DLC day one. And they get a special edition. Why was the US left out this time??

FinKL

I still want to see how deep the gameplay is. I played the first Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi? game on the Wii for a lot of time and loved the Rock Paper Scissor mechanics. Characters balances are a different story.

Hoping this game isn't dumbed down to "Power Up -> Ultimate Attack" rinse and repeat.

I haven't played the original storm so if others could comment on the battle system, be my guest :)

There's only one attack button so it's very simple gameplay wise but there are a lot of jutsu's each character can pull off by pressing a combination of buttons. At it's heart, it's a very simple brawler with a lot of variety in characters.

Josh7289

That image of Naruto as Hokage drawn by Kishimoto is incredibly awesome. It's like, welp, there's the end of the manga right there.

Which number Hokage he is is hidden, though. :D

eosos

Banned
Josh7289 said:
That image of Naruto as Hokage drawn by Kishimoto is incredibly awesome. It's like, welp, there's the end of the manga right there.

Which number Hokage he is is hidden, though. :D
What picture? And that european CE only thing is dumb :(

Torillian

Neo Member
I'm really looking forward to this game in a week.

Curious if anyone knows what Famitsu gave the first game. I don't really find their scoring to match up that well with what I would give games so I'd just like to know how good they thought the first game was and therefore how much the second has improved it. I tried to find it on google but as usual for Famitsu I didn't have any luck that way.

edit: nvm I found it ^^ 35/40 if anyone else was curious

El Sloth

Banned
1st was fun until my friend discovered Tenten. Then it wasn't anymore.

I may give this a shot though.

More appropriate image for this thread:
TCABo.jpg

Im sorry,no offense but thats a pretty lackluster OT. You didn't post any of the video's from the trailer thread that was up a couple days ago. There's also no info concerning the online play. There's a video on youtube of an online match. Lot's of info that could have been added. No previews, no links, no breakdowns. If you're going to do a OT do it right.

Epcott

WOW @ Naruto erotica!

But seriously, I hope they actually recreate scenes from the show with in game graphics. I know it's cheesy, but that's one of the things I hated about the first... the opening in the original recreated all those great scenes from the show, but when you play the game, they're nowhere to be found to break up the minigames and scroll fetching >:-(

udivision

lolmark said:
Last noob question: What's the preferred controller method? PS3 or 360 pad? Arcade stick??

AFAIK, PS3/360 are fine. You won't find many people using arcade sticks.

But I've never played the game, just saw my friend play the demo, so I don't know very far.

I too wonder if PS3 version will have an edge as I believe that was the leading platform right? I got the first on ps3. But I want the 360 one for online community...but if the ps3 version is better.....then id just deal with it and get the ps3 version. sigh...decisions decisions

MrPliskin said:
How far into the series does this go? I've seen up to the capture of the 8 tails.

I believe to the pain/naruto fight

Canova

Banned
lolmark said:
What's the preferred version of the game, in terms of online community?

in term of busy online community? I think PS3 by far. just check out gaming forums, Naruto 360 forum is a deserted land

Will update the OP more tomorrow, I had a ton of schoolwork and wanted to get the discussion started. I will also link to the previous threads made on GAF.

canova said:
in term of busy online community? I think PS3 by far. just check out gaming forums, Naruto 360 forum is a deserted land

Well, where are these forums you speak of?

but if So ps3 version is the one to get? what about in terms of graphics, performance, etc?

Also, Anyone know what deals they got going on this for preorders or special offers?

Canova

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:

but if So ps3 version is the one to get? what about in terms of graphics, performance, etc?

Also, Anyone know what deals they got going on this for preorders or special offers?

check out gamefaq forums

PS3 Naruto forum has 9500+ topics, 165K msgs
360 forum has 600+ topics, 5K msgs

the difference :lol

geebee

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:

Both are very comparable. I did QA for the PS3 version and I can't wait to play it again online. Get the version you'll be playing with more friends.

For this being CyberConnect 2's first Xbox 360 title(someone correct me if I'm wrong) they did a great job. Really talented devs.. I wish they developed every game based on anime. :D

geebee said:
Both are very comparable. I did QA for the PS3 version and I can't wait to play it again online. Get the version you'll be playing with more friends.

For this being CyberConnect 2's first Xbox 360 title(someone correct me if I'm wrong) they did a great job. Really talented devs.. I wish they developed every game based on anime. :D

well, all my friends are on 360 but most likely none of them will be getting naruto ninja storm 2 LOL....

So I am guessing I should get the ps3 version since apparently that will have the larger base.

geebee

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
well, all my friends are on 360 but most likely none of them will be getting naruto ninja storm 2 LOL....

So I am guessing I should get the ps3 version since apparently that will have the larger base.
I'd say that's a fair assumption due to the first game being a PS3 exclusive. There's an already established fan base. Maybe we can start a list of Gamer Tags and PSN IDs. Here's mine.. :D

PSN: BlueNocturne

My collectors edition was shipped 2 days ago, but it would probarly take some time for it to arrive from Australia. http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/ was the only site i was able to find where they had the collectors edition with an english cover. They still got some left if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom