• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 |OT| Finally, Tenten's Turn To Shine!

FullMetal said:
What do you guys think of this piece?

Going back, I have to agree gameplay is better in Storm 1. I was surprised, graphically, it is superior too.

I do miss the wall fighting now that they mention it, or even changing locations. Though I think Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 is still the pinnacle of the Naruto fighting experience personally, with UNS1 offering the best combination of graphics and gameplay.

slopeslider said:
Am I the only one that plays solo battle only? I don't like using the support characters

My younger cousin loved to play me in that mode. I guess I rely too much on support as I could never beat him in that mode but did in the other one. Support just seems like so much more of being like the show to be honest and it feels odd just going solo.

Dedication Through Light said:
My younger cousin loved to play me in that mode. I guess I rely too much on support as I could never beat him in that mode but did in the other one. Support just seems like so much more of being like the show to be honest and it feels odd just going solo.
I'm more of a SF kinda guy than a MVC so characters popping in is weird to me.

SykoTech

FullMetal said:

Going back, I have to agree gameplay is better in Storm 1. I was surprised, graphically, it is superior too.

I like the shorter Ultimate Jutsus as they help the action flow quicker, but I agree that Storm 1 was probably better in most aspects. The loss of wall fighting and clashes are the main letdowns, as my brother and I had a ton of memorable moments with those mechanics in the first game. I also miss having 2 standard jutsus available, and the lack of small touches like characters recognizing their teammates is a little disappointing as well. And I'm not a fan of how they nerfed the combos of characters with long range attacks. I used to kick ass with Temari and TenTen, now I suck with both of them. Storm 2 does have better normal combos, a better partner system, and of course way more characters. But I think the first game drew me in more.

Graphics...meh. I guess the first might be better, but it's too minimal to matter to me.

Sai

FullMetal said:

lol @ blaming the shorter ougi on the game's multiplatform release.

I didn't miss wall combat, now how it was implemented in the first game anyways. You could only get up there by hitting, or receiving one of those heavy blows, which never happens in a player match. Whenever it happened against the CPU, it just felt like having an abrupt break in the action. Soon as I get up there, I'm knocking my opponent straight down--pointless.

And I'm not seeing much of a difference in the game's graphics, certainly nothing big enough to rant about.

Sai said:

I didn't miss wall combat, now how it was implemented in the first game anyways. You could only get up there by hitting, or receiving one of those heavy blows, which never happens in a player match. Whenever it happened against the CPU, it just felt like having an abrupt break in the action. Soon as I get up there, I'm knocking my opponent straight down--pointless.

And I'm not seeing much of a difference in the game's graphics, certainly nothing big enough to rant about.

If longer ones would have slowed down gameplay online then I think its a fair that it isnt present. Though, in single player they could have kept it. Maybe instead of wall combat they could implement in the next one, dynamic environment changes (if it doesnt slow down online gameplay)

Shouta

If there's anything to complain about Storm 2 (and probably by extension Storm 1, though I didn't play it), it's how incredibly broken balance is in the game. Just too many stupid things that make the game not as fun as it should be in multiplayer. It's sad because a lot of the things should've been noticable right off the bat like abusing the crap out of Sub jutsus and how fast rush-style jutsus like the Rasengan come out. Fun as hell when you beat someone that's just cheesing it up though.

george_us

I picked this up earlier in the week and I'm loving it surprisingly. Combat isn't deep at all but it's really fun and the presentation is fantastic. I like how adventure mode is basically a JRPG but with fighting game mechanics. I'd love to see a new .Hack game with Naruto's fighting mechanics.

Xevren

Shouta said:
If there's anything to complain about Storm 2 (and probably by extension Storm 1, though I didn't play it), it's how incredibly broken balance is in the game. Just too many stupid things that make the game not as fun as it should be in multiplayer. It's sad because a lot of the things should've been noticable right off the bat like abusing the crap out of Sub jutsus and how fast rush-style jutsus like the Rasengan come out. Fun as hell when you beat someone that's just cheesing it up though.

Yeah pretty much. Game is fun but the game has no balance at all. Getting hit with a combo and being able to sub out in the middle of it is stupid.

Sai said:

I think reading into that YouTube comment made me wonder why Storm 1 is graphically superior. That grassy plain stage is a good example. Tight budget for a multiplatform release or something else?

Thanks to PSN coming back this was the first game I played online. I never noticed it before, but Ultimate Jutsu Substitutions is awesome (and aggravating inducing to the person I was playing against). I havent figured out how to trigger it but it happens. I never noticed in single player, so is it just multiplayer exclusive?

Cheska

As someone who's never watched the anime, and never playing any of the previous installments (despite owning UNS1), I am really enjoying my playthrough of this so far. Going through my backlog and powering through a lot of these titles, and UNS2 came up.

Graphically, this game is stunning. I can't believe the amount of detail in some of the environments. Story is interesting, especially to someone like me who has no idea what's going in. Oh, and Liam O'brien <3 and Troy Baker <3 <3 <3. On Chapter 3 now! Any tips you guys can give out? I've been getting pretty good ranks so far, but I notice I'm only really good with Naruto because of his high combo speed.

Madchad

Hey peeps

I am playing through this at the moment however the online due to the games age is dead. was wondering if anyone on here would like to hookup and get the online trophies done with me ?

Need more plats !

Top Bottom