• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 |OT| Finally, Tenten's Turn To Shine!

Mojojo

spiderman123 said:
just wondering how some of you guyz like the game is it a good purchase b/c i may be getting it.

If you like (or liked) Naruto , you shouldn't pass it. I have great fun with it, even after finishing the story mode (playing mostly offline with a friend). It is so well animated, i am hypnotized when I play it :lol (got the PS3 version)
Onliine is ok. Not playing much ranked though, I am not a competitive player(which might explain why i don't care much about the combat's system flaws)
btw if any PS3 euro gaffer wants to do some friendly matches, my gamer tag is RafinEx

MrPliskin

Banned
I've gone back to the online here and there for casual matches and MAN...it's way more fun!

Far fewer people use the shitty characters in casual matches (probably because it doesn't count towards a trophy).

All I have to do is finish out the titles, but honestly I'm in no rush to do that. I think I have to do some really obscure stuff (like hold 30 empty bottles and pachinko balls at once) and replay all of the boss battles w/bonus conditions completed.

MrPliskin

Banned
So, why is it that I can't get the 72nd title? I've done everything to unlock Hokage Naruto, yet I didn't get the title.

Any ideas?

MrPliskin said:
YES! Thanks man :) Now I just have to find empty cans and pachinko balls!

:(
It's not hard at all. Make sure you have luck turned off, though, otherwise you won't encounter them. Knock over the signs in the Leaf only for the cans and balls.

MrPliskin

Banned
Koroshi said:
It's not hard at all. Make sure you have luck turned off, though, otherwise you won't encounter them. Knock over the signs in the Leaf only for the cans and balls.

Yep, finally got them :lol GOD that was boring. I had Luck on the entire game so I never got them ONCE during the whole game.

Now I just have to do each character 30 times, which I'll almost certainly leave to the party time. Me and my friends play it quite a bit when we drink, so hopefully we'll be able to get them. I have 3 of those done already from regular use online, so here's to hoping it goes rather quickly playing w/other people :lol

MrPliskin

Banned
Man, it seems like the PS3 version is a waste land right now for online play (unless you're playing ranked). I can't find any matches at all, and I really don't wanna jump into ranked matches to play against Deidara players :(

MrPliskin said:
Man, it seems like the PS3 version is a waste land right now for online play (unless you're playing ranked). I can't find any matches at all, and I really don't wanna jump into ranked matches to play against Deidara players :(
I'll play with you.

I really haven't touched the online at all, mostly played with friends.

Pein

Banned
I've gotten pretty good at this game with kakashi, most turbo control dick heads lose to me now and deidara spammers are so rare now.

I'm ranked 900 something on the leaderboard now and with my high bp its harder finding people who wanna play.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So how does one defeat Deidara, dashing outside? XD

And yes, I was tempted to do it for the trophies

GothPunk

Ookami-kun said:
So how does one defeat Deidara, dashing outside? XD

And yes, I was tempted to do it for the trophies
Kiba is apparently useful against Deidara.

The missus got her Platinum last night, it was very interesting watching her play online. She prefers to play as Sai, but any time someone picks someone overpowered, say Kirin Sasuke, Sage Mode Naruto or Minato, she chooses Deidara, and kicks their asses! :lol Sooner or later people learn to play as normal characters against her. Someone even called her a 'determined fag', whatever that means. :lol

Boss Doggie

Let me guess, Gatsuga is faster, goes farther, and has Akamaru for backup? Thought as much!

inner-G

Banned
I dont think there are actually many 'turbo controller spammers'. I got a message from someone calling me one, but i think its is just because there are a lot of people new to the series playing. My friends and i have been playing since the first Ps2 game. Just remap kawarimi to L1 and R1, and then its just about timing.

GothPunk

inner-G said:
I dont think there are actually many 'turbo controller spammers'. I got a message from someone calling me one, but i think its is just because there are a lot of people new to the series playing.
That could be it, although the fact that you can hear when other players are blocking means that when you hear machine-gun like rapid fire blocking you may jump to conclusions and assume that they're using a turbo controller and not that they just have turbo fingers. I'm not sure if there is much of a difference between the sound of mashing block and using a turbo controller anyway.

Pein

Banned
GothPunk said:
That could be it, although the fact that you can hear when other players are blocking means that when you hear machine-gun like rapid fire blocking you may jump to conclusions and assume that they're using a turbo controller and not that they just have turbo fingers. I'm not sure if there is much of a difference between the sound of mashing block and using a turbo controller anyway.
Maybe but some people block every fucking thing and I refuse to believe so many people are that great.

MrPliskin

Banned
Pein said:
I've gotten pretty good at this game with kakashi, most turbo control dick heads lose to me now and deidara spammers are so rare now.

I'm ranked 900 something on the leaderboard now and with my high bp its harder finding people who wanna play.

Kakashi is the SHIT. He's just got such a wide variety of moves and items at his disposal that he can really be effective against a lot of strong characters.

What support characters are you using?

Pein

Banned
MrPliskin said:
Kakashi is the SHIT. He's just got such a wide variety of moves and items at his disposal that he can really be effective against a lot of strong characters.

What support characters are you using?
Pain guard and temari. Temari is pretty quick with her attacks so you can pretty much knock back any support instantly.

But yeah Kakashi is dope if people wanna spam long distance attacks you counter with mangekyo or a charged rakiri. His take off speed matches minato and sage mode naruto.

He's so well balanced you can pretty much use him against anyone.

Bebpo

Banned
FullMetal said:
Get this on Amazon asap! $35 GO! Gaf! GO!

Hmmmmm, I do want this at some point and since the first one never really dropped below $30 ever, I kind of doubt this will either.

Ok, I guess I'll go for it at $35. Now Amazon just needs to drop Fist of the North Star Musou and I'll be all caught up on my anime/manga games for this year.

Eccocid

Just got the game today and finished first chapter. Ugh i am skipping some of the cutscenes cuz i already seen the anime and manga.

Havent touched to online mode yet but i am in EU zone so if anyone wants to make a match feel free to add me
PSN: GimmeCat

DonMigs85

I'm still deliberating whether to get this game since the first one was pretty monotonous after a while. Damn tree climbing/jumping!

Eccocid

DonMigs85 said:
I'm still deliberating whether to get this game since the first one was pretty monotonous after a while. Damn tree climbing/jumping!

It already started to get boring for me. (finished chapter 2)
It doesnt have the tree jumping of first game. But i know the story from anime so its pretty boring to rewatch cutscenes made with 3d models.
Battles are only fun with bosses. And i wonder if there is any way to teleport on map. It is kinda boring to run between places all the time :(
Tho it is fun to play VS mode with a friend on same couch. I didnt enjoy the online too much.

icechai

DonMigs85 said:

boss battles more fun, but more tedious to get to them. endless running across useless screens of the village >< honestly wouldn't it be better if they just made cutscenes to bridge all the fights together instead of forcing us to spend 5 minutes traveling to the next fight for no purpose?

Shouta

I picked up the game finally but I won't be able to play it until I pick it up in Seattle when I go home for Christmas. I so want to play it now though >=|

Eccocid

Stucked in that boss battle..they guy with masks on his back.. at his second form the transforms to a huge black tentacle thingie between 2 trees and keep killing me :/

Eccocid said:
Stucked in that boss battle..they guy with masks on his back.. at his second form the transforms to a huge black tentacle thingie between 2 trees and keep killing me :/
Kakuzu? He was the most annoying boss to kill. The key to winning is to dodge all of his attacks, and then pounce on him and beat his face in.

DR2K

Banned
Online play is fun! Played a game before my PS3 died. I love to mix up delayed throws with attack strings, it gets them every time. Although I wish throws were knj invincible. The assist system adds a lot of depth and strategy to the system.

Tokubetsu

Finally got this from gamefly and even though I haven't followed the anime or manga in years, I'm having fun. Com battles are where it's at though, I hate all the side shit in Adventure mode.

Boss Doggie

DR2K said:
Online play is fun! Played a game before my PS3 died. I love to mix up delayed throws with attack strings, it gets them every time. Although I wish throws were knj invincible. The assist system adds a lot of depth and strategy to the system.

They should fix some stuff though. The assists are not as gamebreaking as in Accel 2, but they still need to improve on (stuff like Attacks being picky, etc.)

They need to be open to kawarimis like before. It kinda sucks that you do not reappear behind the enemy for ranged attacks unlike before (that pretty much solves the Deidara spammer problem) and they need to let you kawarimi your actions with everything save for performing jutsus.

eosos

Banned
Wow, I just started playing some story mode on this and just finished chapter 2. These boss battles are damn amazing! The final battle in this chapter especially. It was so much better than it was in the show. Great game, though I do wish there was a quick travel button and a fully explorable Konoha like last game. But yeah, this game is amazingly fun.

eosos said:
Wow, I just started playing some story mode on this and just finished chapter 2. These boss battles are damn amazing! The final battle in this chapter especially. It was so much better than it was in the show. Great game, though I do wish there was a quick travel button and a fully explorable Konoha like last game. But yeah, this game is amazingly fun.
You can buy warp scrolls to get around faster.

Shouta

So I've been playing and man the number of turbo controller folks is ridiculous, played a few where if I didn't do anything they'd be stuck in the block tapping button for substitution justu.

Aside from that, some balancing additions would make this game a lot more playable as a vs game.

Just finished up the game last night, 48 achievements just need the dumb all titles one which I'll never do because you need 50 online ranked wins.

It was annoying enough for me to get the 10 wins one (laughs).

Enjoyed the game overall, but I much much much prefer the more platform/adventure with some fighting mixed in ones from UbiSoft a few years back. I'm more into that aspect of it than just pure fighting, still got 30+ hrs out of Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 though so you can see while it wasn't as good it still had enough for me to do and still really liked it. :D

<3 Shippuden.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I was thinking about getting into this franchise. Is this the best game to start on or should I hunt down one of the previous installments?

SapientWolf said:
I was thinking about getting into this franchise. Is this the best game to start on or should I hunt down one of the previous installments?
Getting into Naruto in general? Read the manga. Getting into the Naruto games? Start with this one.

Tylahedras said:
How far into the story arch does UNS2 go? Does it go past where the animated series is currently on Hulu for example?
It goes up to the point where
Sasuke captures Killer Bee

But that's an extra unlockable chapter. The actual ending is the
Naruto vs. Pain
fight.

SapientWolf said:
Outside of watching the first 50 original episodes a long time ago I started with Rise of a Ninja, then went to Broken bond and finally this game, so far I feel complete.

I really like this game and how it moves and flows, great gameplay all the way to the end but the online feels broken, so I only play against my cousin for some fun matches.

Kotomi said:
It goes up to the point where
Sasuke captures Killer Bee

But that's an extra unlockable chapter. The actual ending is the
Naruto vs. Pain
fight.

Cool. I actually think that's a perfect spot to stop till they make the 3rd one. I'm so getting this.

Is it worth it to pick up the first one and play through that before I get #2?

Tylahedras said:
Cool. I actually think that's a perfect spot to stop till they make the 3rd one. I'm so getting this.

Seeing as how it only goes for about $16, I don't see why not.

DonMigs85

Tylahedras said:

The first one can get pretty repetitive, and no trophy support.
If you're still very familiar with the story from the beginning up until the fight at the Valley of the End, you can skip it.

So after beating the game I left this sitting for a while, the other night I went back to finish some of the non story quests and I am having just as much fun as the main game itself, it's great running around exploring freely, finding pearls, fighting clones, fixing pens, paying bills and replying to mail, some great post game content in this.

Best £18 I have spent in a long time.

Diablohead said:
So after beating the game I left this sitting for a while, the other night I went back to finish some of the non story quests and I am having just as much fun as the main game itself, it's great running around exploring freely, finding pearls, fighting clones, fixing pens, paying bills and replying to mail, some great post game content in this.

Best £18 I have spent in a long time.

I come back to it every now and again. I still need to get through and get all the characters and hopefully play some online. (oh and to redo two of the boss fights, gotta get those special moments!)

Top Bottom