• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 |OT| Finally, Tenten's Turn To Shine!

MrPliskin said:
If by "most" you mean a very small handful out of a group of man, then yes.

And I don't think the turbo controllers are TOO bad. I run into people using them every few matches (maybe 1 out of every 8). Usually I con people into confessing they have them. A quick "Wow! You're really good man, how did you learn to do the Substitution so well!?" will get people to say "I use a turbo controller". At least it makes me feel better knowing I lost to a cheater :lol

The unfortunate truth is that CoD has made turbo controllers pretty common on both communities :(

It should pretty easy to fix this with a patch if CC2 wanted to, right? Just limit the maximum rate of the button pressing or something...

OneMoreQuestion said:
It should pretty easy to fix this with a patch if CC2 wanted to, right? Just limit the maximum rate of the button pressing or something...
I thought CC2 said they wouldn't be doing any post release content. I don't know if they'll ever patch it.

Sai

26 wins, 27 losses...

Deidara players are such a pain, seriously. I did manage to whoop one from Japan pretty nicely though. He was knocked in the air by my support, followed through with Taka Sasuke's Ougi... Finished him off with around 60% of my health! That was my 25th win.

MrPliskin

Banned
Yea, I have a lot of trouble with that. It stinks when you run into players who don't play people they actually enjoy, rather, people they know are easier to win with.

Hopefully this will pass soon :lol

Pein

Banned
If anyone wants a match on the 360 hit me up my gamertag is in my profile. I'm tired of playing turbo assholes.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Was planning on getting Force Unleashed II, but am instead thinking of this after watching both GT reviews.

I know nothing of Naruto, but the GT review praised the single player content. Worth jumping in, knowing nothing of these characters? I did play the first Ubisoft Naruto game on Xbox 360, which I also enjoyed, but remember nothing of the story.

Brandon F said:
Was planning on getting Force Unleashed II, but am instead thinking of this after watching both GT reviews.

I know nothing of Naruto, but the GT review praised the single player content. Worth jumping in, knowing nothing of these characters? I did play the first Ubisoft Naruto game on Xbox 360, which I also enjoyed, but remember nothing of the story.
You can get the story in a few minutes on wiki or I (or someone here) can summarize it in to a paragraph.

Ferrio

Banned
Brandon F said:

Just read up on the story pre shippuden or as alberto said it's pretty easily summed up, not the nuances but whatever.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Played the demo for this last night, VERY impressive.

Will buy ... when I have a job :lol

I think the only things that might be difficult if you don't know the story pre-Shippuden is replying to letters and even that's not too hard (and entirely optional).

Pein

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
I think the only things that might be difficult if you don't know the story pre-Shippuden is replying to letters and even that's not too hard (and entirely optional).
Even then its pretty simple.

So does everyone who plays as deidara just spam or what? Spamming those bombs and having hyuuga and Pain is a pain in the ass to deal with.

mintylurb said:
I want to play this but amazong has yet to ship out my copy! It's been stuck at shipping soon status since last week. ;<

Yeah I just ordered it on amazon and it said would ship it 1 to 2 months, NO THANKS! I cancelled it, will find elsewhere.

MrPliskin

Banned
Host Samurai said:
They totally botched a few of the main fights in the SP mode :(

I wouldn't say they were botched, so much as they were...paraphrased? Extremely condensed and lacking in all the small details. Honestly the only one I took issue with was the Shikamaru fight.

mintylurb

TSAGoodness said:
Yeah I just ordered it on amazon and it said would ship it 1 to 2 months, NO THANKS! I cancelled it, will find elsewhere.
Haha. Well, I pre-ordered my copy a while ago yet I still don't have it.. ;<

MrPliskin said:
I wouldn't say they were botched, so much as they were...paraphrased? Extremely condensed and lacking in all the small details. Honestly the only one I took issue with was the Shikamaru fight.
Yeah, while the boss fights had a lot of polish and care put in to them, not every fight was a boss fight. So stuff like Shikamaru vs. Hidan (or even Asuma vs. Hidan) did not get the treatment one would expect or hope for what pretty much were the main fights of the arc.

The Hebi chapter didn't even have a boss fight and they could have easily used Sasuke vs. Deidara for that or Sasuke vs. Orochimaru at worst.

Sai

50W/58L

johnny_drama_victory.jpg

Never touching ranked again. :lol

Now, I'll take care of the rest tomorrow if I get the time.

DihcarEM

Sai said:
26 wins, 27 losses...

Deidara players are such a pain, seriously.
Well atleast you are doing better then me, i was always 10 losses ahead of my wins up until i reached 50. Once i got the last online title i started playing better for some reason. Sub j and blocking were working great and i knew a lot of the strength/weakness of the characters that the opponents would choose. I left the game with 67 wins/55 losses and 25000bp. For some strange reason i could never tell if i was going up against a turbo user
Koroshi said:
Finally got every trophy except for getting all titles. This should be fun...
I can tell you that that trophy wasn't much fun:D .
Sai said:
50W/58/L

Never touching ranked again. :lol

Now, I'll take care of the rest tomorrow if I get the time.
Congrats dude!

Ephemeris

Pardon the terrible pun, but every win in ranked is a damned battle.

I'd LOVE to play as other characters, but I end up having to play as Taka Sauce against those 6tail beasts.

Currently about 26/18 I think.

I only seem to win with Lee and Guy :lol Not played it much mostly because the SP is slow as hell to get through and it takes ages to get games going..

Sai

Ephemeris said:
I'd LOVE to play as other characters, but I end up having to play as Taka Sauce against those 6tail beasts.
Amaterasu spam is super effective against them. You just gotta pray that you don't die before you're able to awaken. :lol

Ephemeris

Sai said:
Amaterasu spam is super effective against them. You just gotta pray that you don't die before you're able to awaken. :lol
Yup! :lol :lol

I've had quite a few accidental run-into-the-black-flames deaths on my enemies' parts.

To be fair. My problem is I rarely hop into awakened mode. But that's my fault. It kills the super / throw game and that in itself is worth it.

I've actually found a hilarious thing to do in Ranked is to chakra dash, bump in to the enemy, then...do nothing. For like three seconds.

They just sit there spamming guard like an idiot and totally lose their cool.

Koroshi said:
How can you tell if someone is using a turbo controller? What does it even do?
Generally, in order to use Kawarimi no Jutsu (the substitution thing), you have to press the guard button right when you get hit. Alternatively, you can press it like mad. There's a very small chakra cost to each one, but it's well worth it.

If you have a turbo controller, you can just keep mashing guard and it doesn't really affect your offense much. So every time someone gets close enough to combo you, you just automatically break out if you have enough chakra. It's pretty shitty.

ShockingAlberto said:
Generally, in order to use Kawarimi no Jutsu (the substitution thing), you have to press the guard button right when you get hit. Alternatively, you can press it like mad. There's a very small chakra cost to each one, but it's well worth it.

If you have a turbo controller, you can just keep mashing guard and it doesn't really affect your offense much. So every time someone gets close enough to combo you, you just automatically break out if you have enough chakra. It's pretty shitty.
I'm pretty sure I've played against all turbo users, then. The people I've played just can't be that good at this game.

Speaking of which, Deidara spammers piss me the fuck off. They sit there and just throw little C4 birds and then come swooping across the level on a makeshift C4 bird and bomb the shit out of me.

Randy

I could be wrong, but are some basic attacks of Sage Naruto, Minato and Pain not much stronger than say of Rock Lee? The amount of moves I have to do to get them to the same hp-level as they have to do to my Lee is just much greater.

DihcarEM

ShockingAlberto said:
Use both characters in the same battle and it halves the number.

The title bullshit will probably keep me from platinuming this.
What i did was use both the same characters in vs so it's like you said only 15 times. By the end i did another tactic. Do vs, choose 2 different characters, change battle settings to 10 second round. i just watched tv while i keep pressing the x button every 15 seconds or so. Because after the 10 second match you stand on the retry option, so you can press x without a care in the world. Do make sure that the battlesettings are set right, i wasted like 5 matches not noticing that i hadn't changed it from 99 to 10 seconds.
You can check in from time to time and look at the number on the vs's screen, how many draws you have. It only goes up to 99, so once you hit that you need to go restart the whole menu otherwise you can't keep track of your score. Also important the "you used xxx 30 times" title only appears on the menu when somebody won, not on the draw page cus you just get a retry. What i mean is you need the page with the scoring(s,a,b,ect). So just look at the number you have on the vs screen, double characters 15 draw, different characters 30 draw. Watch tv or a movie or whatever, just keep pressing x from time to time.

Randy said:
I could be wrong, but are some basic attacks of Sage Naruto, Minato and Pain not much stronger than say of Rock Lee? The amount of moves I have to do to get them to the same hp-level as they have to do to my Lee is just much greater.

Im not sure on the answer to this, Id like to say its not, but I know the feeling. Ive only played a handful of games online so far, but have only used folks like Yamato, Hidan, Kakashi and have only faced Sage/Hokage Naruto, Sasuke, and Deidara. It does feel like they are getting 3 for 1 on their hits. :lol

I'll be playing all day tomorrow and sunday if anyone wants to add me on XBL: TheApatheticOne. I dont spam and am pretty horrible so far at the competitive fighting, but am a good sport!

Coming the ubisofts naruto game/s how big of a transition would this be for me? The animation is just awesome and I don't have a PS3 so I never had the chance to play the first game.

I've started to pickup where I left off in the show because of this game.

MrPliskin

Banned
diztrukted said:
Coming the ubisofts naruto game/s how big of a transition would this be for me? The animation is just awesome and I don't have a PS3 so I never had the chance to play the first game.

The difference is pretty huge, IMO.

Sai

The "use both characters in the same battle" trick ain't working for me. :(

Does it matter if you retry, instead of going back to the character select? Or if it's against the COM?

MrPliskin

Banned
Sai said:
The "use both characters in the same battle" trick ain't working for me. :(

Does it matter if you retry, instead of going back to the character select? Or if it's against the COM?
I believe it has to be PVP, not com.

bubnbob

Banned
Sage Naruto is for scrubs. Awakenings are for scrubs (these two go hand in hand). I wish you could disable Awakenings.

Pein

Banned
People get so pissed when you keep using throw I don't get it. If they stopped blocking so much I wouldn't need to keep using it.

Another thing Sage naruto isn't such a problem when I choose killer bee, I just gotta transform before they go Kyuubi and wreck me. Bee's ultimate jutsu is underwhelming though and I think its
weaker then most too I'm not sure but it feels like it.

diztrukted said:

Night and fucking DAY.

survivor

Banned
Been trying to cut down the list of characters I will focus on in this game and I have come down to Rock Lee/Guy against Minato. Is there anything Lee/Guy can do that is better than Minato? Also are there any major difference between Lee and Guy? I sort of grouped these 3 characters together cause I enjoy using their instant teleport ability, but right now I like Minato more since nothing beats jumping around the field and teleporting left and right.

MrPliskin

Banned
Things I've found useful: If someone starts doing a combo, DON'T USE SUBSTITUTION JUTSU. Unless they're in awakening mode, just block it and get the free throw at the end. The same applies if they use a close range special move, just wait until it's over and get a free throw. Only do this if you know your opponent isn't using a turbo controller.

Using your kunai's and support characters to determine if the player is using a turbo controller is really helpful.

If they are using a turbo controller, then you're only option, for the most part, is to learn the window of vulnerability after jutsu's / combos. Not a single move in the game (as far as I can tell thus far) is safe. So after a move is completed, there is a period where you cannot use subs to get out (if this is wrong let me know, lol). Basically the only way I've been able to beat known turbo controller folks (who aren't using Diedara) is by baiting them, waiting for the combos/jutsu and then use a throw / support character. It takes forever to do, but the rage messages that follow are fantastic.

Still haven't found a way to beat Birdman :( Also doesn't look like CyberConnect has any plans to patch anything as far as I can tell.

Max

I am not Max
OP header made me burst out laughing.

How's the first game? I'm only on episode 104 of the first series so I'm thinking I might go ahead and play that first.

Top Bottom